Butterflies spread in hot summers
Once rare brown argus butterflies have been moving north due to a pattern of hot summers, say researchers.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : butterflies, spread, summers, http, www.bbc.co.uk, nature, 18174452, butterflies, spread, summers,
Article Viewed 199 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0.01%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0.01%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Science group.
And brought to you by Channel BBC, BBC is the world wide famous news agency
The XMl Feed Type text/xml and collected data 110495 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
BBC: Science: Butterflies spread in hot summers
Date Listed : Friday, May 25, 2012
Source : BBC Science/Nature, BBC Science/Nature
- How quickly things spread Understanding the spread of infectious diseases in populations is the key to controlling them. If the UK was facing a flu pandemic, how could we measure where the greatest spreading ...
- Worlds first plastic antibodies in live organisms Stop spread of bee venom in miceResearchers have developed the first "plastic antibodies" successfully employed in live organisms -- stopping the spread of bee venom through the bloodstream of mice.
- Beta blockers cut cancer spreadBlood pressure drugs may be able to reduce the ability of breast cancer to spread around the body, researchers say.
- Plastic boat sails Pacific to spread pollution warning A boat made mostly from recyclable materials prepares to set sail from San Francisco to Sydney to drive home the environmental message to recycle, reuse and rethink the way we ...
- Drugs could stop spread of AidsAnti-retroviral treatments (ARVs) could stop the spread of Aids in South Africa within five years, a top scientist says.
- Nuclear downsizing Report identifies steps to reduce US arsenal prevent spread of atomic bombs and keep stockpile safe The American Physical Society, the world's leading organization of physicists, has released a report identifying technical steps that will help the US achieve its goals to downsize the nuclear arsenal, ...
- Like A Bad Virus Internet Censorship Spreading At first it was Australia, with uncharacteristically prudish laws against things being sold, and transmitted over the internet. Then there was talk of a three-strikes rule from France, with an ...
- Canadas Economic Action Plan delivers housing related infrastructure loans
to Summerside and Stratford Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, Feb. 19 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has reciprocated a Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA) decision and permanently banned ...
- Plant buffers may limit spread of antibiotics in animal waste COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Research by scientists at the University of Missouri Center for Agroforestry suggests that buffer strips of grasses and other plants can trap and break down veterinary ...
- Familys Fight to Save Child Spreads Hope Around Globe After the tragic loss of their 7-year-old daughter Hailey just over three weeks ago, Neil and Miranda Goranflo of Louisville, KY are now fighting for their 4-year-old Carter who has ...