Human Genome unlikely to attract a higher bid BMO
(Reuters) - There is a high risk of GlaxoSmithKline dropping its pursuit of Human Genome Sciences Inc , BMO Capital Partners said, adding that a rival bid for the biotechnology company also seemed unlikely. The brokerage, which downgraded Human Genome stock to 'market perform' from 'outperform', said chances of the company attracting a better price were low as negotiations with Glaxo have become more 'adversarial.' On Wednesday, Glaxo said it would proceed with its $2.6 billion offer only if the U.S. biotech firm removes a poison pill adopted on May 17. ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : human, genome, unlikely, attract, higher, http, news.yahoo.com, human, genome, unlikely, attract, higher, 135241704, finance.html, human, genome, unlikely, attract, higher,
Article Viewed 653 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Science group.
And brought to you by Channel Yahoo, TOP messanger, second search engine, its yahoo
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 199399 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Yahoo: Science: Human Genome unlikely to attract a higher bid BMO
Date Listed : Friday, May 25, 2012
Source : Science News, Yahoo! News: Science News
- Devil killer cancer genome mappedResearchers have sequenced the genome of the killer disease that is driving the remaining wild population of Tasmanian devils towards extinction.
- Tasmanian devil cancer genome decoded Researchers, including several from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute near Cambridge, have sequenced the genome of a cancer that is threatening the existence of the Tasmanian devil. An...
- Blueprint of the songbird genomeScientists create a "blueprint" of a songbird genome, revealing evolutionary clues about vocal communication.
- Attraction Not just for the birdsA Day-Glo birdhouse that sits unoccupied raises questions for a young girl about the nature of attraction.
- New Quest Energy Efficient Home By Modular Lifestyles Inc. To Be Featured Attraction at Sacramento Green Expo April 24 25 2010 Modular Lifestyles, Inc. will be revealing their first-of-it's-kind "Quest" Energy Efficient factory built home at the upcoming Sacramento Green Expo. Utilizing state-of-the-art technologies, the Quest home exceeds California UBC ...
- Electronic medical records may accelerate genome driven diagnoses and treatments A new study reveals an exciting potential benefit of the rapidly accumulating databases of health care information, the ability to make unprecedented links between genomic data and clinical medicine. The ...
- Five months of higher spending six months of flat incomePersonal spending rose 0.3 percent in February, the Commerce Department reported Monday. But US stimulus programs have not managed to boost household incomes.
- Gut microbes hold second genomeThere are more genes in the microbial flora in our gut than in the rest of our bodies, scientists report.
- Unemployment rate 9.7 percent. Underemployment far higher.The unemployment rate doesn't count those who have stopped looking for work or part-time workers who want full-time employment. In February, underemployment stood at 16.8 percent.
- GenomeQuest Hosting Seminar at X Gen Congress In San DiegoNGS-level Sequence Data Management for Researchers with a Complete, Cloud-Enabled API for Developers (PRWeb Mar 5, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/GenomeQuest/San_Diego_Seminar/prweb3684144.htm