Alibaba.com says 83.8 percent of shareholders back privatization
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Alibaba.com Ltd , Hong Kong-listed unit of China's Alibaba Group , said on Friday that 83.8 percent of its shareholders have approved a $2.5 billion buyout offer by the parent to take the company private, in a decision that was widely expected. Alibaba Group, in which Yahoo Inc owns a 40 percent stake, is offering investors HK$13.50 ($1.74) per share in cash to take Alibaba.com private, the same price as the company's initial public offering in 2007. Shares of Alibaba.com, which were suspended on Friday, closed on Thursday at HK$13.42. ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : alibaba.com, says, 83.8, percent, shareholders, back, privatization, http, news.yahoo.com, alibaba, says, percent, shareholders, back, 021103710, sector.html, alibaba.com, says, 83.8, percent, shareholders, back, privatization,
Article Viewed 699 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Business group.
And brought to you by Channel Real Estate, A news to learn how to sell/buy and build a home
The XMl Feed Type application/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 470673 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Real Estate: Business: Alibaba.com says 83.8 percent of shareholders back privatization
Date Listed : Friday, May 25, 2012
Source : Yahoo! News: Business, Business; Copyright (c) 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
- Study finds one percent of human genes switched off
Reuters Reuters - Scientists studying the human genome have found that each of us is carrying around 20 genes that have been completely inactivated, suggesting that not all switched-off genes are ...
- Russia cuts Belarus gas by 60 percent
AFP AFP - Russia on Wednesday cut Belarus's gas supply by 60 percent, Gazprom chief executive Alexei Miller said in televised remarks, as a gas payment feud between Moscow and Minsk ...
- COO Becomes 75 percentage More Effective in Tracking Delegated Tasks A nonprofit organization that engages hundreds of thousands of students into humanitarian relief work, Absolute.org, adopted Wrike’s full-featured project management software for organizing collaborative management of tasks and workflow. Absolute’s ...
- British bank privatization where Yes but not yet.Contrary to reports, the British government would raise nowhere near £70 billion by selling its stakes in banks.
- Unemployment rate 9.7 percent. Underemployment far higher.The unemployment rate doesn't count those who have stopped looking for work or part-time workers who want full-time employment. In February, underemployment stood at 16.8 percent.
- Total unemployment increased to nearly 17 percentThe US total unemployment, including all unemployed workers, even those who have stopped looking for work, increased to nearly 17 percent in February.
- Study Reveals Californians Must Increase Earthquake Preparedness Less Than 20 Percent Have Prepared Their Homes Only 40 Percent Have Sufficient WaterState and Local Agencies are Better Prepared Today, but Weakest Link is Citizen Preparedness (PRWeb Mar 5, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3690434.htm
- Malaga announces its tungsten ore reserves and resources increased by 72 percentage and
280 percentage respectively at Pasto Bueno tungsten mine Peru Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Media Advisory TD Bank Financial Group Annual Meeting of Common
Shareholders Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Cascades Inc. Announces Consent Solicitation relating to its 7 1 4 percentage Senior
Notes due 2013 and its 6 3 4 percentage Senior Notes due 2013 Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...