Economy trudges along despite Europe turbulence
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing new claims for jobless benefits dipped last week, indicating the economy is plodding along even though headwinds from Europe cut into U.S. factory activity growth this month. The data on the U.S. economy on Thursday was a bit lackluster, but it showed the recovery remained resilient even with growth in China slowing and the euro zone edging toward recession. ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : economy, trudges, along, despite, europe, turbulence, http, news.yahoo.com, jobless, claims, little, changed, last, week, 130611783, business.html, economy, trudges, along, despite, europe, turbulence,
Article Viewed 517 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Business group.
And brought to you by Channel Real Estate, A news to learn how to sell/buy and build a home
The XMl Feed Type application/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 470673 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Real Estate: Business: Economy trudges along despite Europe turbulence
Date Listed : Friday, May 25, 2012
Source : Yahoo! News: Business, Business; Copyright (c) 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
- CDISC Broadens Efforts in Europe CDISC significantly expanded its presence in Europe in 2011 and anticipates this trend will continue. CDISC has long had a presence in Europe through its European CDISC Coordinating Committee (E3C)...(PRWeb ...
- California faces dollor 19 billion budget deficit despite massive cutsThe California budget deficit stands a $19.1 billion, even after two years of steep cuts. Democrats oppose Governor Schwarzenegger's proposed cuts but can't agree on a solution.
- UK budget 2010 New era of austerity in Europe where UK budget 2010: Britain today unveiled budget cuts to raise £40 billion in state revenues through tax increases, welfare cuts, and salary freezes. But history suggests that raising taxes during ...
- With jobs being added is US economy ready to stand on its own where The US economy has been propped up in part by government stimulus spending, but some of those artificial supports are slated to fall away later this year. The big question ...
- Jobs growth in March seen throughout the economy One month doesn't make a trend, but recent gains in job growth were broad-based across the economy. GDP forecasts have edged up, too. This bodes well for a jobs recovery ...
- Could Americans saving more and spending less rescue the US economy where The conventional wisdom is that the US economy won't recover until consumers start spending freely again. But some economists say Americans saving their money may be more advantageous.
- Greek debt crisis pushing more European integration where As the Greek debt crisis rolls on, some in Britain worry that the crisis is being used to undermine economic sovereignty and pushes European integration further.
- Finally US economy adds 162 000 jobsNot counting hiring of temporary workers for companies and the census, private-sector hiring rose a solid 80,000 in March.
- Despite Obama pitch on benefits of healthcare reform small business is glumPresident Obama claims healthcare reform is a boon. But the outlook of small-business owners is more negative than at bigger companies.
- How to invest in the government based economyAs the government takes over more of the economy with healthcare reform, where's an investor to turn? Gold.