Patients with high alcohol screening scores use more post surgical health care resources
( Weber Shandwick Worldwide ) According to the results of a new study published in the March 2012 issue of the Journal of the American College of Surgeons, patients who score highest on the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test-Consumption (AUDIT-C) experience longer postoperative hospital stays and more days in the intensive care unit; they are also more likely to return to the operating ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : patients, with, high, alcohol, screening, scores, more, post, surgical, health, care, resources, http, news.search.yahoo.com, _ylt, a2kjjb2de2fpokwajfr_wgt., _ylu, x3odmtbyohq3yjvxbhbvcwm2bhnlywnzcgrjb2xva3nwmgr2dglkaw, 12k4d9edu, 1331790851, important, important, http, percentage, www.eurekalert.org, pub_releases, 2012, pwh031312.php, patients, with, high, alcohol, screening, scores, more, post, surgical, health, care, resources,
Article Viewed 541 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under World group.
And brought to you by Channel Yahoo, TOP messanger, second search engine, its yahoo
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 406693 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Yahoo: World: Patients with high alcohol screening scores use more post surgical health care resources
Date Listed : Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Source : Yahoo World, Yahoo! News: World News
- InVite® Health Introduces and SNO 145 Sleep Awake by Power Plant Sleep Aid InVite® Health, a leading nutraceutical firm headquartered in Nassau County, New York, today announced the release of an advanced sleep enhancement product supplied by Power Plant – the...(PRWeb February 21, ...
- Nano discs may pose health riskA study at Edinburgh University finds people involved in manufacturing a material used in touch screens may face a health risk.
- New Economics and Finance Resources Published at ScienceIndex.com The Economics and Finance Sciences are two new key categories covered by the Sciences Social Network ScienceIndex.com. The users of the website monitor over 275 scientific Economics and Finance...(PRWeb February ...
- New Accounting and Administration Resources Published at. The Accounting and Administration Sciences are two new key categories covered by the Sciences Social Network ScienceIndex.com. The users of the website monitor nearly 160 scientific Accounting and...(PRWeb February 16, ...
- Isabel Healthcare Partners with Touch Medix to Integrate Diagnosis.Emergency department efficiency improved with innovative documentation and medical diagnosis decision-making suite.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/IsabelHealthcare/Diagnosis/prweb9202282.htm
- Home visits for asthma A win for both patients and payers Nearly one in 10 children have asthma, according to government statistics, and in low-income parts of Boston, nearly 16 percent of children are affected. A new program demonstrates the potential ...
- Nasty superbug emerging where Strikes otherwise healthy young patients Researchers are expressing concern about a new, under-recognized, much more potent variant of a common bacterium that has surfaced in the U.S. It's virulent, potentially drug-resistant, and strikes otherwise healthy, ...
- Gene Might Boost Risk for Obesity
HealthDay HealthDay - SUNDAY, Feb. 19 (HealthDay News) -- A new animal study suggests that a
genetic mutation could put certain people at higher risk for becoming
obese if they eat ...
- Some CPS Students Tossing Out Healthy Lunch ItemsStudents in Chicago's Public Schools are eating healthier – if they're eating what's served at school. But some lunchroom personnel say the children are not.
- City Council Approves and SNO 145 Risk Based Restaurant Health Inspection PlanThe City Council on Wednesday passed an ordinance that will give restaurants with good public health records a break on inspections.