Discovery that migrating cells turn right has implications for engineering tissues organs
What if we could engineer a liver or kidney from a patient's own stem cells? How about helping regenerate tissue damaged by diseases such as osteoporosis and arthritis? A new study bring scientists a little closer to these possibilities by providing a better understanding how tissue is formed and organized in the body.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : discovery, that, migrating, cells, turn, right, implications, engineering, tissues, organs, http, feeds.sciencedaily.com, sciencedaily, zdyuzx, vdzq, 120217221151.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, discovery, that, migrating, cells, turn, right, implications, engineering, tissues, organs,
Article Viewed 1200 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Discovery that migrating cells turn right has implications for engineering tissues organs
Date Listed : Monday, February 20, 2012
Source : ,
- Discovery that migrating cells turn right has implications for engineering tissues organs What if we could engineer a liver or kidney from a patient's own stem cells? How about helping regenerate tissue damaged by diseases such as osteoporosis and arthritis? A new ...
- The demise of American engineering where HardlyThe sunset for US industry will look exactly like the sunset for US agriculture: less labor, more automation, and much more innovative design.
- Weird science Consider geoengineering to fight global warming Geoengineering -- intentionally altering Earth's climate to fight global warming -- may be risky science but it must be researched. The watchwords should be caution, openness, international cooperation, and humility. ...
- NASA clears Discovery for Monday morning launch
AP AP - NASA has cleared Discovery for a Monday morning launch to the International Space Station, the last scheduled liftoff in darkness for the soon-to-retire shuttle program.
- Chemistry discovery may revolutionize cooking oil production A chemistry professor has invented a special solvent that may make cooking oil production more environmentally friendly. He has created a solvent that -- when combined with carbon dioxide -- ...
- Amateur UK astronomer nets cosmic discovery from HawaiiAn amateur astronomer has made a "major astronomical discovery" while accessing a telescope in Hawaii over the internet while at work in the UK.
- Discovery launches and SNO 145 Life series with Oprah narratingLife' series breaks new ground in nature photography using state-of-the-art cameras to film eye-popping natural wonders.
- Engineering Firms Turn to Drumlin for PDF Security Solution Dickson Testing, a USA-based metal testing company, is one of a number of engineering firms adopting the free Drumlin PDF security software and service to protect their IPR. They were ...
- LC Sciences Pairs Deep Sequencing with Customized Microarrays to Offer New Seq Array Service for Discovery and Profiling Applications LC Sciences today announced the launch of its new Seq-Array services designed to take full advantage of both the latest deep sequencing capabilities and the proven genomics tool – microarray. ...
- Broad Reach Engineering Reports Record Business PerformanceStrong 2010 Projected as Aerospace Industry Trends Toward Integrated Partnerships, Higher-Performance Products and Services (PRWeb Mar 5, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3690154.htm