High definition polarization vision discovered in cuttlefish
Cuttlefish have the most acute polarization vision yet found in any animal, researchers have discovered by showing them movies on a modified LCD computer screen to test their eyesight.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : high, definition, polarization, vision, discovered, cuttlefish, http, feeds.sciencedaily.com, sciencedaily, mq61c, 5gno8, 120220142645.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, high, definition, polarization, vision, discovered, cuttlefish,
Article Viewed 434 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : High definition polarization vision discovered in cuttlefish
Date Listed : Monday, February 20, 2012
Source : ,
- Vaccine discovered for hep C A University of Alberta researcher and Canada Excellence Research Chair in Virology has made the discovery of a vaccine that will potentially help combat hepatitis C. Michael Houghton, who led ...
- Gene affecting the ability to sleep discovered in fruit flies On the surface, it's simple: when night falls, our bodies get sleepy. But behind the scenes, a series of complex molecular events, controlled by our genes, is hard at work ...
- 300 million year old forest discovered preserved in volanic ash Pompeii-like, a 300-million-year-old tropical forest was preserved in ash when a volcano erupted in what is today northern China. Paleobotanists have reconstructed this fossilized forest, lending insight into the ecology ...
- High definition polarization vision discovered in cuttlefishCuttlefish have the most acute polarization vision yet found in any animal, researchers have discovered by showing them movies on a modified LCD computer screen to test their eyesight.
- New species of bat Hipposideros griffini discovered in Vietnam A distinctive echolocation frequency led to the discovery of a new species of bat within the genus Hipposideros. Although this bat is similar to the species Hipposideros armiger, differences in ...
- Water on Mars first discovered 10 years ago. Is it still there where Water on Mars first discovered ten years ago, might still flow on the surface of the red planet.
- Impacts of Chilean salmon farms on coastal ecosystem discovered accidentally Until recently, the disastrous scale of the threat posed by salmon farms to the fauna and National Park of the AysÚn region of southern Chile was entirely unknown. The unexpected ...
- Unusual rhino beetle behavior discovered Invasive species severely impact small islands The coconut rhinoceros beetle continues to munch its way through the crowns of coconut trees on the northwest coast of Guam. Rhino hunters are ready to get tough with bio-control ...
- Comic art visions of wind farmsComic book illustrators produce artwork giving their take on the push towards greater use of renewable energy.
- FCC national broadband plan a vision for the nationThe FCC gets the national broadband plan largely right, pushing private-sector competition while helping hard-to-reach populations.