Acid oceans turn Nemo fish deaf
Baby clownfish, the coral reef dwellers feted in the movie Finding Nemo, appear to lose some of their hearing capacity in water more acidic than normal.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : acid, oceans, turn, nemo, fish, deaf, http, www.bbc.co.uk, news, news, science, environment, 13605113, acid, oceans, turn, nemo, fish, deaf,
Article Viewed 340 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Science group.
And brought to you by Channel BBC, BBC is the world wide famous news agency
The XMl Feed Type text/xml and collected data 110495 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
BBC: Science: Acid oceans turn Nemo fish deaf
Date Listed : Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Source : BBC Science/Nature, BBC Science/Nature
- Vast iceberg a threat to oceansA huge iceberg which broke off the Antarctic could disrupt the world's ocean currents and weather, scientists warn.
- Oceans North Canada Applauds Agreement for Arctic National Marine
Conservation AreaPress releases distributed via CNW Group. STETTLER, AB, Dec. 8 /CNW/ - <<
- Oceans uptake of human made carbon may be slowing The oceans play a key role in regulating climate, absorbing more than a quarter of the carbon dioxide that humans put into the air. Now, the first year-by-year accounting of ...
- West Africa Helping Pirates to Plunder the Oceans all africa, all the time. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) yesterday declared that the planned deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry would not necessarily lead to ...
- Are Earths Oceans Made Of Extraterrestrial Material where Contrary to preconceived notions, the atmosphere and the oceans were perhaps not formed from vapors emitted during intense volcanism at the dawning of our planet. Scientists now suggest that water ...
- and SNO 039 Swarms and SNO 039 of Robots to Explore the Oceans Scientists at the La Jolla, California-based Scripps Institution of Oceanography have recently been awarded nearly $1 million in funds for the development of swarms of oceanic observations robots. The National ...
- WEST AFRICA Helping Pirates to Plunder the Oceans PARIS, Nov 11 (IPS) - West Africa is one of the world's regions most
affected by pirate fishers. Illegal, unreported or unregulated
fishing has been devastating local livelihoods and ...
- Sea Shepherds Captain Paul Watson sails into Calgary for the oceans Press releases distributed via CNW Group. MONTRÉAL, Sept. 25 /CNW/ - Access to the following video may be obtained via satellite using the contact information below. ...
- Jellyfish Joyride A Threat To The Oceans Early action could be crucial to addressing the problem of major increases in jellyfish numbers, which appears to be the result of human activities. New research presents convincing evidence that ...
- Aquariums and Zoos Celebrate World Oceans DaySpecial Events and Programs to Raise Awareness of Ocean Conservation. (PRWeb Jun 6, 2009)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/06/prweb2504534.htm