SciFri Video Wind Turbines Size Matters
How would you describe the size of a wind turbine? There's no right answer. Turbines come in different varieties tuned for different uses. Compare the 256-foot-tall Gamesa G87 turbines, found at Bear Creek Wind Park in Penn., with the mini turbines developed by Bergey Windpower in Norman, Okla. The scale of both may surprise you.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : scifri, video, wind, turbines, size, matters, http, www.sciencefriday.com, videos, watch, 10294, http, www.sciencefriday.com, scifri.rdf, science, friday, scifri, video, wind, turbines, size, matters,
Article Viewed 686 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
science and technology news from the acclaimed public radio program science friday.
The Submitted XML Type application/xml and gathered so far 22391 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlim and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : SciFri Video Wind Turbines Size Matters
Date Listed : Sunday, April 18, 2010
Source : ,
- SciFri Radio Infection About 100,000 people die every year due to infections acquired in a hospital, according to a new government report. In this hour, we'll look at the problem, and talk about ...
- SciFri Radio Restructuring Space Flight This week, President Obama rolled out details of how changing budgets and changing priorities will affect NASA. We'll talk about the future of the agency, including plans for a larger ...
- SciFri Radio Weathercasters and Climate ChangeA recent survey of television weather forecasters found that many didn't accept the idea of global warming. Why not?
- SciFri Radio Wind PowerYou've heard that the wind comes sweeping down the plain in Oklahoma -- does that translate to a good source of wind power?
- SciFri Radio Tornadoes The average warning time for a tornado is about 15 minutes. But is that enough time to get your family out of harm's way? In this segment, a look at ...
- SciFri Video Wind Turbines Size Matters How would you describe the size of a wind turbine? There's no right answer. Turbines come in different varieties tuned for different uses. Compare the 256-foot-tall Gamesa G87 turbines, found ...
- Matters of the heart FDG PET may hold answers for patients with heart failure For a patient with heart failure, checking whether the heart could benefit from bypass surgery or a stent is critical to ensuring survival. One imaging technique, positron emission tomography (PET) ...
- SciFri Video How To Make A Junk Guitar So you want to jam like a rock star, but you don't want to shell out for an electric guitar? Make one yourself. Sound artist Ranjit Bhatnagar explains the art ...
- SciFri Radio An Older Proto DinoResearchers report finding fossil remains of a 'proto-dinosaur,' some 10 million years older than previously known.
- SciFri Radio From Thought To MovementResearchers have recorded the brain signals responsible for movement outside the brain and used them to reconstruct hand movement in three dimensions.