Britain names Chagos Islands worlds largest marine preserve
The government of Britain named the Chagos Islands – home to the military base of Diego Garcia and some of the Indian Ocean's healthiest coral reefs – the world's largest marine preserve.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : britain, names, chagos, islands, worlds, largest, marine, preserve, http, rss.csmonitor.com, feeds, world, 3bxvfoidh58, britain, names, chagos, islands, world, largest, marine, preserve, http, www.csmonitor.com, world.rss, christian, science, monitor, world, britain, names, chagos, islands, worlds, largest, marine, preserve,
Article Viewed 894 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
christian science monitor | world
daily, award-winning international news from csmonitor.com
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 43650 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Britain names Chagos Islands worlds largest marine preserve
Date Listed : Sunday, April 04, 2010
Source : ,
- 300 Million Year Old Forest Preserved Like Pompeii Pompeii-like, a 300-million-year-old tropical forest was preserved in ash when a volcano erupted in what is today northern China. A new study by University of Pennsylvania paleobotanist Hermann...
- Mobile marine reserves neededMarine reserves need to be more flexible to reflect the changing behaviour of the creatures they are trying to protect, say scientists.
- AlphaDog le robot mulet bientôt testé par les Marines américains Voici AlphaDog, un robot quadrupède autonome. Développé par la société Boston Dynamics pour le compte de la division R&D du Département américain de la Défense, la Darpa, il assurera le transport de matériel ...
- 300 million year old forest discovered preserved in volanic ash Pompeii-like, a 300-million-year-old tropical forest was preserved in ash when a volcano erupted in what is today northern China. Paleobotanists have reconstructed this fossilized forest, lending insight into the ecology ...
- Worlds longest kidney transplant chain completedThe world's longest living-donor kidney transplant chain has just been completed. The chain involved 30 donors, 30 recipients and 17 hospitals throughout the U.S.
- Early results from the worlds brightest X ray source The SLAC linear collider in Menlo Park, California has already made a name for itself as one of the world’s largest and most prolific particle accelerator facilities dedicated to high ...
- An Israeli tycoon the Virgin Islands and Africas blood diamonds Israeli diamond tycoon Dan Gertler, grandson of Israel Diamond Bourse founder Moshe Schnitzer, recently purchased stakes in oil and mining projects in the Congo. It's unclear where the money is ...
- Unusual rhino beetle behavior discovered Invasive species severely impact small islands The coconut rhinoceros beetle continues to munch its way through the crowns of coconut trees on the northwest coast of Guam. Rhino hunters are ready to get tough with bio-control ...
- Worlds first plastic antibodies in live organisms Stop spread of bee venom in miceResearchers have developed the first "plastic antibodies" successfully employed in live organisms -- stopping the spread of bee venom through the bloodstream of mice.
- UK sets up Chagos marine reserveThe UK government has created the world's largest marine reserve around the Indian Ocean's Chagos Islands.