Could Americans saving more and spending less rescue the US economy where
The conventional wisdom is that the US economy won't recover until consumers start spending freely again. But some economists say Americans saving their money may be more advantageous.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : could, americans, saving, more, spending, less, rescue, economy, where, http, rss.csmonitor.com, feeds, os0ntkr, could, americans, saving, more, spending, less, rescue, economy, http, www.csmonitor.com, csm.rss, christian, science, monitor, stories, could, americans, saving, more, spending, less, rescue, economy, where,
Article Viewed 804 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
christian science monitor | all stories
all of today's stories from the christian science monitor
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 161166 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Could Americans saving more and spending less rescue the US economy where
Date Listed : Sunday, April 04, 2010
Source : ,
- Gulf oil spill Americans pitch their ideas for cleaning it upVacuum pumps, oil-eating bacteria, and hair booms are a few of the ideas for dealing with the Gulf oil spill.
- Chinese currency why Americans should care if yuan is revalued A jump in the value of Chinese currency, the yuan, would make products manufactured in China more expensive, but could also help US manufacturers remain competitive abroad.
- With jobs being added is US economy ready to stand on its own where The US economy has been propped up in part by government stimulus spending, but some of those artificial supports are slated to fall away later this year. The big question ...
- Jobs growth in March seen throughout the economy One month doesn't make a trend, but recent gains in job growth were broad-based across the economy. GDP forecasts have edged up, too. This bodes well for a jobs recovery ...
- Could Americans saving more and spending less rescue the US economy where The conventional wisdom is that the US economy won't recover until consumers start spending freely again. But some economists say Americans saving their money may be more advantageous.
- Finally US economy adds 162 000 jobsNot counting hiring of temporary workers for companies and the census, private-sector hiring rose a solid 80,000 in March.
- Construction spending shows end to real estate bounceResidential construction spending is up just a bit compared with last year, but still far below 2006 peak figures.
- Traces of early Native Americans in sunflower genes New information about early Native Americans' horticultural practices comes not from hieroglyphs or other artifacts, but from a suite of four gene duplicates found in wild and domesticated sunflowers. Scientists ...
- How to invest in the government based economyAs the government takes over more of the economy with healthcare reform, where's an investor to turn? Gold.
- Limits in predicting economys response to major policy changesThe analysis of academic economists will only go so far in predicting how the economy will respond to major policy changes.