Orange corn holds promise for reducing blindness child death
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Decreasing or increasing the function of a newly discovered gene in corn may increase vitamin A content and have significant implications for reducing childhood blindness and...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : orange, corn, holds, promise, reducing, blindness, child, death, http, feedproxy.google.com, scienceblogrssfeed, esmdzoox09q, orange, corn, holds, promise, reducing, blindness, child, death.html, http, www.scienceblog.com, community, backend.php, science, blog, orange, corn, holds, promise, reducing, blindness, child, death,
Article Viewed 774 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 63310 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Orange corn holds promise for reducing blindness child death
Date Listed : Monday, March 29, 2010
Source : ,
- New treatment for traumatic brain injury shows promise in animalsA new drug is showing promise in shielding against the harmful effects of traumatic brain injury in rats, according to a new study.
- NZ calls for whaling compromiseAllowing whaling nations to kill a limited number of the animals is the only way to control hunting, New Zealand says.
- Next decade offers promise for treatment of spinal cord injuries Although new developments in the management of spinal cord injuries (SCI) are on the horizon, any eventual cure for the condition is more likely to involve a multidisciplinary approach, drawing ...
- FARC rebels release a Colombian soldier promise another soonFARC rebels released a Colombian soldier on Sunday after nearly a year in captivity. The group is planning to release another Colombian in the coming week.
- Orange corn holds promise for reducing blindness child death WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Decreasing or increasing the function of a newly discovered gene in corn may increase vitamin A content and have significant implications for reducing childhood blindness and...
- After ill considered Facebook promise will sister name her baby Megatron where She said that if her brother got one million fans on Facebook, she would name her baby 'Megatron.' As of this writing, he has 1,097,139 fans.
- Promise made on UK physics woesThe government is promising to put in place measures to protect the future funding of physics and astronomy in the UK.
- Optical system promises to revolutionize undersea communications In a technological advance that its developers are likening to the cell phone and wireless Internet access, scientists and engineers have devised an undersea optical communications system that -- complemented ...
- Vitamin B3 shows early promise in treatment of stroke An early study suggests that vitamin B3 or niacin, a common water-soluble vitamin, may help improve neurological function after stroke. When rats with ischemic stroke were given niacin, their brains ...
- Orange Peels and Newspapers Turned into Biofuels Scientists have recently managed a new breakthrough in biofuel research that could see a major focus shift from fossil fuel to renewable energy being achieved. The team, based at the ...