UT Southwestern researchers find clues to TB drug resistance
DALLAS -- March 30, 2010 -- Two new tuberculosis studies by UT Southwestern Medical Center researchers provide good news and bad news about the bacterium that infects nearly a third of the world's...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : southwestern, researchers, find, clues, drug, resistance, http, feedproxy.google.com, scienceblogrssfeed, nnhjacyf50c, southwestern, researchers, find, clues, drug, resistance.html, http, www.scienceblog.com, community, backend.php, science, blog, southwestern, researchers, find, clues, drug, resistance,
Article Viewed 872 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 63310 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : UT Southwestern researchers find clues to TB drug resistance
Date Listed : Monday, March 29, 2010
Source : ,
- Chess Experts Help Researchers Understand How We See the World Just as expert chess players scrutinize a board to calculate their next moves, UT Dallas cognitive neuroscientists are studying the way these players' brains work to better understand how visual...
- Researchers See Differences in Autism Brain Development as Early as 6 Months The changes in brain development that underlie autism spectrum disorder (ASD) may be detectable in children as young as 6 months, according to research reported online today in the American ...
- Blocking telomerase kills cancer cells but provokes resistance progression Inhibiting telomerase, an enzyme that rescues malignant cells from destruction by extending the protective caps on the ends of chromosomes, kills tumor cells but also triggers resistance pathways that allow ...
- Researchers develop better control for DNA based computationsA chemist has found a way to give DNA-based computing better control over logic operations. His work could lead to interfacing DNA-based computing with traditional silicon-based computing.
- Researchers Develop Smart Phone Technology To Sense DepressionResearchers at Northwestern University are developing a smart phone that can sense whether you're falling victim to depression.
- Free Resources from EBSCO Publishing Providing Useful Information to ResearchersMore than 100,000 Institutions Benefit from Free Resources Offered via EBSCOhost® (PRWeb Jun 22, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/EBSCOGreenFILE/LISTA/prweb4172224.htm
- Researchers create self assembling nanodevices that move and change shape on demand By emulating nature's design principles, researchers have created nanodevices made of DNA that self-assemble and can be programmed to move and change shape on demand. Double helices fold up into ...
- Well defined quantity of antioxidants in diet can improve insulin resistance study findsA diet rich in natural antioxidants improves insulin sensitivity in insulin-resistant obese adults and enhances the effect of the insulin-sensitizing drug metformin, a preliminary study from Italy finds.
- Imaging life as it happens researchers capture video of embryonic heart before it begins to beat Researchers are imaging life as it happens by capturing video of the embryonic heart before it begins beating. They are documenting the formation of the mammalian heart through a high-resolution, ...
- Mapping heart disease Researchers uncover genes that may dramatically affect heart health Studying Drosophila (fruit flies), an international team investigated 7,061 genes and built a detailed map that shows how a portion of these genes contribute to heart function and disease. Importantly, ...