Plastic boat sails Pacific to spread pollution warning
A boat made mostly from recyclable materials prepares to set sail from San Francisco to Sydney to drive home the environmental message to recycle, reuse and rethink the way we use plastic.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : plastic, boat, sails, pacific, spread, pollution, warning, http, news.bbc.co.uk, world, americas, 8578587.stm, http, www.bbc.co.uk, syndication, feeds, news, ukfs_news, tech, rss091.xml, news, science/nature, edition, plastic, boat, sails, pacific, spread, pollution, warning,
Article Viewed 811 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
bbc news | science/nature | uk edition
updated every minute of every day
The Submitted XML Type text/xml and gathered so far 72298 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Plastic boat sails Pacific to spread pollution warning
Date Listed : Monday, March 22, 2010
Source : ,
- How quickly things spread Understanding the spread of infectious diseases in populations is the key to controlling them. If the UK was facing a flu pandemic, how could we measure where the greatest spreading ...
- Tornadoes in Wisconsin Montana spur early warning systemThe VORTEX-2 tornado research project completed last week aims to increase warning times and reduce false alarms.
- Worlds first plastic antibodies in live organisms Stop spread of bee venom in miceResearchers have developed the first "plastic antibodies" successfully employed in live organisms -- stopping the spread of bee venom through the bloodstream of mice.
- SharpBrains Launches First Brain Fitness Innovation Awards to Recognize Neuroplasticity PioneersAward Winners to be announced May 24th in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month (PRWeb Mar 31, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/SharpBrains/Brain_Fitness/prweb3810764.htm
- Early Warning System Would Predict Space Storms on MarsRIT professor develops monitoring system for Mars and Earth. (PRWeb Mar 31, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/RIT_Roger-Dube/space_storms_Mars/prweb3808924.htm
- Plastic electronics could slash the cost of solar panelsBy producing plastics that are translucent, malleable and able to conduct electricity, researchers have opened the door to broader use of the materials in a wide range of electrical devices.
- Beta blockers cut cancer spreadBlood pressure drugs may be able to reduce the ability of breast cancer to spread around the body, researchers say.
- New Period of Brain and SNO 145 Plasticity Created with Transplanted Embryonic Cells UCSF scientists report that they were able to prompt a new period of “plasticity,” or capacity for change, in the neural circuitry of the visual cortex of juvenile mice. The ...
- The QUE proReader by Plastic Logic Receives Two Mobile Industry Awards at International CTIA Wireless The QUE™ proReader is the recipient of two mobile industry awards at the International CTIA WIRELESS 2010®. In addition to receiving second place in the CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Award’s ...
- Air pollution early deaths linkMore could be done to prevent up to 50,000 early deaths a year hastened by air pollution, says a report by MPs.