Performance Food Centers and Beechers Coffee: Partners in Social Responsibility
Performance Food Centers partners with Beechers Coffee, an on-line micro coffee roaster who gives back to the community.
Pottstown, PA, March 19, 2010 -- Performance Food Centers is proud to be partnered with Beechers Coffee, a Western Pennsylvania micro coffee roaster with a social conscience.
Beecher’s Gelato and Gourmet Coffee, LLC , founded by David Brauer, was started in 2002 to provide people with an escape from the stresses of everyday life, while offering the highest quality coffees and teas. Initially, Beecher’s specialized in providing the best whole coffee beans, fresh, rich brewed coffees, Italian style espresso beverages and fresh made gelato. The beans were roasted in small batches and the gelato was made fresh daily at the store.
As a complement to his coffee and teas, David wanted to serve 100% fruit smoothies. At a tradeshow, He discovered Performance Food Centers, a juice bar supplier whose focus was on supplying all natural, 100% crushed fruit smoothie products. David says, “We loved the quality and taste above all others we tried.”
After becoming a customer of PFC, he says, “I appreciate the manner in which Kate and others at PFC follow up with us. I know that we are a relatively small customer, but we are treated like we treat our customers. That is a compliment. We are treated with respect and are informed when new products come available as well as given samples to let our customers try. A+ experience.”
In 2008, a fire destroyed Beechers Coffee. Sifting through the charred remains, David decided to shift his focus. Rather than restoring the coffee shop, he donated the property to Glade Run Foundation, an organization that helps children and families in need, in Zelienople, PA. He continued his operation as a wholesale and internet based micro coffee roaster and his new motto became, 'Changing Communities One Cup at a Time.'
Beechers Coffee created a sustainable income program for 501(c)3 organizations. Individuals can purchase their coffee from the organization’s website to support the charity. Beechers Coffee fills the order and donates a portion of the proceeds back to the charity. David says, “We strive to give at least 51% of our profits to social ministries in the areas we serve. Speaking of their operations to make this happen, he says, “We are a family operation, consisting of myself, My spouse Candy, our son David Beecher, his wife Beth, and their two sons Grant and Christian. They are 3 years and 1 month old respectively so Grant helps pick up beans when they spill, and Christian sleeps.”
Since they no longer have a retail location, David says, “we recommend PFC’s healthy fitness smoothie products to all our coffee and tea customers. We love the products and we will continue to bring these products into the churches and organizations we work with”
Dan Young, founder and president of Performance Food Centers adds, “We are proud to be partnered with a company like Beechers; they are committed to providing quality, all natural products, while giving back to the community … a commitment that is truly worth being proud of.”
More information on Beechers Coffee can be found on their website, http://www.beecherscoffee.com
About Performance Food Centers:
Performance Food Centers is an industry leader in the planning, design, operation and supply of juice bars & cafes across North America. Serving over 918 juice bars, fitness centers, schools and coffee shops, Performance Food Centers offers expertise in every facet of the juice bar and coffee shop business.
Performance Food Centers
59 Airport Road
Pottstown, PA 19464
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Dan Young from 122.174.177.xxx
Article Taged as : performance, food, centers, beechers, coffee:, partners, social, responsibility, http, www.performancefoodcenters.com, performance, food, centers, beechers, coffee:, partners, social, responsibility,
Article Viewed 4829 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Performance Food Centers and Beechers Coffee: Partners in Social Responsibility
Date Listed : Friday, March 19, 2010
Source : ,
- Consilium Software Recognized with New Market Breakthrough Award for Genesys Contact Centers in Asia Pacific Singapore, 19 March 2010: Consilium Software, a leading Unified Communications solutions company, has been recognized by Alcatel-Lucent as the New Market Breakthrough Award winner for Genesys contact centers. Consilium ...
- Performance Food Centers and Beechers Coffee: Partners in Social Responsibility Performance Food Centers partners with Beechers Coffee, an on-line micro coffee roaster who gives back to the community.
Pottstown, PA, March 19, 2010 -- Performance Food Centers is proud to be ...
- Keyword Search Pros Forerunner of Quality Performance-Based Conversion Advertising Los Angeles, California �"(03 March 2010) �" A Los Angeles based internet marketing company, Keyword Search pros, is making advancements in the online marketing arena through forerunning a unique quality ...
- Digital Vidya Shines at its 3rd Social Media Marketing Bootcamp New Delhi, India (Mar 15, 2010): Digital Vidya, India's premier digital marketing training company successfully delivered its 3rd Social Media Marketing (SMM) bootcamp on March 12 and 13 in Delhi. ...
- High Performance Super Signal Level Meter Toronto, Canada - GAO Instruments (www.GAOInstruments.com) has added this handheld super signal level meter to its popular product line. It provides such key functions as measuring and displaying the amplitude ...
- Scania, Woolworths and Linfox in a green partnership Campbellfield, VIC ( Newsalbum ) March 16, 2010 - Woolworths and Linfox have joined commercial truck manufacturer, Scania, to cut greenhouse gas emissions in Australia.
Woolworths has accepted the challenge to ...
- Broadband in Wales - will it deliver the economic and social benefits the country needs? 16 March 2010 - The Digital Communications KTN in collaboration with BT and Cardiff City Council will host an event on March 24 at BT Cardiff International Data Centre, Ty ...
- Social Traffic Profits Video Series Introduced By Social Traffic Profit Site [For_Immediate_Release]
Greenwood, London (Press Release �" March 16, 2010) �" Social Networking has become an essential tools for online promotion and marketing. People from all over the world are using social ...
- Green Environmental Business; to develop Partnerships, Strategic Alliances, Venture Capital Investor Partners, Mergers, and or Acquisition, to expand (1888PressRelease) Environmental Green Business wants to develop Partnerships, Strategic Alliances, Joint-Venture, to Merger or Acquisition with Venture Capital Partners to expand across Canada and USA.Restoration Environmental, one of Canada's leading ...
- The Towing Network Chooses TowPartners to Provide Search and Software Services TowPartners today announced that it has partnered with The Towing Network to provide search and software services.
Keller, TX, March 16, 2010 -- TowPartners today announced that it has partnered with ...