eEye Digital Security's Retina Wins SCAP Certification from National Institute of Standards & Technology
Retina meets NIST standards for automated vulnerability management, measurement and policy compliance.
Irvine, CA, March 18, 2010 -- eEye Digital Security (http://www.eeye.com), a provider of unified vulnerability management (http://www.eeye.com/ Solutions/ Business-Need/ Vulnerability-Assessment.aspx?src=prw&2) and compliance solutions, today announced that its Retina vulnerability management solution has received SCAP certification from the National Institute of Standards & Technology. With this government validation, Retina now meets core NIST standards for automated vulnerability management, measurement and policy compliance. Additionally, Retina also meets Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) compliance standards on the Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista operating systems.
The Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) combines a number of open standards that are used to enumerate software flaws and configuration issues related to security. The protocol measures systems to find vulnerabilities and offer methods to score those findings in order to evaluate the possible impact.
'We are very honored to receive recognition from NIST and pleased that our engineering efforts behind Retina has built a solution strong enough to meet U.S. government standards for automated vulnerability management, measurement and policy compliance,' said Kevin Hickey, eEye CEO.
In brief, Retina has been validated to meet the following SCAP capabilities:
* FDCC scanning capability to audit and assess a target system to determine its compliance with FDCC requirements;
* Authenticated configuration scanning capability to audit and assess a target system to determine its compliance with a defined set of configuration requirements using target system logon privileges;
* Authenticated vulnerability and patch scanning capability to scan a target system to locate and identify the presence of known vulnerabilities and evaluate the software patch status to determine compliance with a defined patch policy using target system logon privileges;
* Unauthenticated vulnerability scanner: the capability to determine the presence of known vulnerabilities by evaluating the target system over the network.
The award-winning suite of powerful Retina security solutions identify known and zero-day vulnerabilities and provide intrusion prevention, security risk assessment and mitigation, enabling security best practices, policy enforcement and regulatory audits. Retina has the power to immediately target vulnerabilities and generate detailed reports that meet strict government-mandated compliance requirements.
eEye has been providing security technology and services to small and mid-size enterprises and to state and federal government agencies for more than 10 years.
Also announced today, eEye will debut a website devoted to government customers and end-users at http://www.eeye.com/ gov
For more information on SCAP, please visit: http://scap.nist.gov and http://nvd.nist.gov/ scapproducts.cfm.
About eEye Digital Security:
Founded in 1998, eEye Digital Security is a leader in vulnerability management and compliance, providing the only unified solution that integrates assessment, mitigation and protection into a complete offering. eEye enables secure and compliant computing through world-renowned research and is consistently the first to identify and protect systems from zero-day threats. eEye is a trusted advisor providing network security education; product deployment services and enterprise-wide integration.
All trademarks contained within this press release are the sole property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Victor Cruz, Principal
Irvine, CA 92617
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Victor Cruz from 115.184.193.xxx
Article Taged as : eeye, digital, security's, retina, wins, scap, certification, from, national, institute, standards, technology, http, www.eeye.com, eeye, digital, security's, retina, wins, scap, certification, from, national, institute, standards, technology,
Article Viewed 4835 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : eEye Digital Security's Retina Wins SCAP Certification from National Institute of Standards & Technology
Date Listed : Thursday, March 18, 2010
Source : ,
- In Pipe Technology Announces Licensing Agreement Opportunities for.In-Pipe Technology develops licensing agreement packages to expand In-Pipe's green sewer collection system treatment to off-shore municipal markets.(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9207231.htm
- New 100Mbps High Speed Wireless Technology from AvaLAN WirelessMesh, Star or Bridge Network Topologies Supported(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/AvaLAN_Wireless/100Mbps/prweb9201628.htm
- Digital tools to save languagesFacebook, YouTube and even texting will be the salvation of many of the world's endangered languages, scientists believe.
- Olin College President Elected Member of the National Academy of.Richard K. Miller, president of Olin College of Engineering, is one of 66 newly elected members of the National Academy of Engineering.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9201182.htm
- Researchers Develop Smart Phone Technology To Sense DepressionResearchers at Northwestern University are developing a smart phone that can sense whether you're falling victim to depression.
- Rehabilitation Institute Moves Ahead With Plans For Old CBS Building SiteThe Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is moving ahead with its plans for a new hospital on the site of the old CBS Building, according to a published report.
- Why a tightened defense budget would improve national securityNational security officials and experts say that if the defense budget were tightened policymakers would be forced to better prioritize spending.
- Russias Medvedev to sign international adoption accordWhen Russian President Medvedev visits Washington this week, he will sign a new agreement on international adoption.
- Dr. Manoj Motwani Celebrates the Arrival of the Next Generation of Laser Technology and his New Laser Eye Surgery Center Motwani Lasik Institute has been on the forefront of technology since Dr. Motwani started practicing in San Diego 11 years ago. Dr. Motwani has had the best published better ...
- National education standards not a federal takeover of public schools A big concern about proposed national education standards for grades K-12 is that they amount to a federal takeover of public schools. Not true. This plan originated from the states, ...