LLDPE Market on the Rebound - New Study from Ceresana Research
LLDPE is one of the most important plastics. This market is recovering well from the economic crisis: “We expect to see significant growth in sales and distribution starting in 2010“, says Oliver Kutsch, president of Ceresana Research. The market research institution has just released a new study covering this major polymer.
Late start for LLDPE
Linear low density polyethylene was offered in North America for the first time during the 1970s; the rest of the world was more hesitant to accept it. However, following its start-up difficulties, LLDPE became the fastest growing grade of polyethylene. The transparent, exceedingly ductile and dimensionally stable material is now processed primarily into films and other types of packaging. Manufacturers around the world are working on new grades of LLDPE for a variety of additional applications.
China as a driving force
After LLDPE revenue in certain world regions fell by up to a third in 2009, to a combined total of less than 17 billion Euros (24 billion US-Dollars), it is now on the rise again. China's processing industry is particularly important for LLDPE demand. In China alone there are plans for capacity increases of roughly 2.7 million tons by 2012. The Asia-Pacific region is already the largest market for LLDPE, and the region is expected to consume more than half of all LLDPE manufactured worldwide by 2016.
Growth in the Middle East
Also in the oil-rich countries of the Middle East, plastic production is rapidly expanding. Ceresana Research expects LLDPE manufacturing in this region will grow at a rate of more than 9% per year until 2016. New production facilities are emerging, for example in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Kazakhstan. In contrast, Western Europe and North America are not likely to regain their peak production levels from 2008 in the near future.
Useful reference work
“Market Study Polyethylene �' LLDPE“ presents on 830 pages all essential data regarding this plastic's market �' including prognoses up to 2016. Current and future LLDPE manufacturers are presented with 80 company profiles. The study shows the development of the LLDPE markets in 67 countries. It contains detailed profiles for each nation, particularly for the 12 countries with the highest revenues. The report also offers information about technical characteristics, application areas and recycling of LLDPE, in addition to an overview of relevant laws and environmental regulations.
About Ceresana Research
Ceresana Research is one of the world's leading industrial market research institutions. Companies, institutions, and organizations from more than 40 countries have already benefited from our global market data and well-founded prognoses. Our core competencies include: chemicals + plastics + additives + commodities + materials + industrial components + packaging + construction materials.
Visit us at http://www.ceresana.com/ en
Blarerstr. 56, 78462 Konstanz, Germany
Tel.: +49 7531 94293 0, Fax: +49 7531 94292 27
Press contact: Martin Ebner, M.A.,
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Martin Ebner from 91.23.169.xxx
Article Taged as : lldpe, market, rebound, study, from, ceresana, research, http, www.ceresana.com, market, studies, plastics, polyethylene, lldpe, lldpe, market, rebound, study, from, ceresana, research,
Article Viewed 3660 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : LLDPE Market on the Rebound - New Study from Ceresana Research
Date Listed : Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Source : ,
- Chess Experts Help Researchers Understand How We See the World Just as expert chess players scrutinize a board to calculate their next moves, UT Dallas cognitive neuroscientists are studying the way these players' brains work to better understand how visual...
- Researchers See Differences in Autism Brain Development as Early as 6 Months The changes in brain development that underlie autism spectrum disorder (ASD) may be detectable in children as young as 6 months, according to research reported online today in the American ...
- Breakthrough Discoveries in Water Research and Water Properties from. David Gann Talks with Sharon Kleyne, founder of Bio Logic Aqua Research and host of Sharon Kleyne Hour, about the Discovery and Benefits of Double-Helix Water.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the ...
- Preparations continue for launching engine icing research NASA scientists are making progress in their preparations to mount a detailed research campaign aimed at solving a modern-day aviation mystery involving the unlikely combination of fire and ice inside ...
- Substituting with smokeless tobacco saves lives research suggests Substituting smokeless tobacco products can save smokers' lives, and there is a scientific foundation that proves it, according to one researcher whose work shows that smokers can greatly reduce their ...
- Researchers develop better control for DNA based computationsA chemist has found a way to give DNA-based computing better control over logic operations. His work could lead to interfacing DNA-based computing with traditional silicon-based computing.
- Meet plants and algaes common ancestor Primitive organisms not always so simple researcher saysA biologist has created a sketch of what the first common ancestor of plants and algae may have looked like.
- Military service even without combat can change personality and make vets less agreeable research suggests It's no secret that battlefield trauma can leave veterans with deep emotional scars that impact their ability to function in civilian life. But new research suggests that military service, even ...
- Researchers Develop Smart Phone Technology To Sense DepressionResearchers at Northwestern University are developing a smart phone that can sense whether you're falling victim to depression.
- Convergetics Research Center Announces Book Introducing New Paradigm of Reality The Multispace Universe Convergetics Research Center founder and president, Eugeniu Alexandrescu, announces that his new book, The New Paradigm of Reality: The Multispace Universe, will be launched at the beginning of 2011. The ...