Announcement of the 3rd Edition of India Art Summitâ„˘ 20-23 January 2011
East of Kailash, New Delhi ( Newsalbum ) March 17, 2010 - India Art Summit? is pleased to announce its 3rd edition, from 20 â€' 23 January 2011 in New Delhi.
Launched in 2008, India Art Summit? hosts the countryâ€™s Modern and Contemporary Art Fair (http://www.indiaartsummit.com), alongside a vibrant four day programme which includes a reputed International Speakersâ€™ Forum, Curated Projects, an Education Series and a variety of collateral events.
In 2009, the 2nd edition of India Art Summitâ„˘ drew 40,000 visitors; participants included 54 galleries from across India, the Asian region, the Middle East , Europe and the Americas displaying the works of over 500 emerging and established artists from around the world. With 50% of the artworks on display sold (valued at Rs. 26 Crore/ US $5.3 million) and a three-fold growth in terms of scale and participation, India Art Summit (http://www.indiaartsummit.com)? was one of most successful 2ndeditions of an art fair anywhere in the world.
Applications are now open for the 3rd edition of India Art Summitâ„˘ in 2011. Art galleries from India and overseas are invited to apply. For information on applications, please email , or log on to http://www.indiaartsummit.com.
India Art Summitâ„˘ Programme 2011
VIP & Press Preview: Thursday, 20th January 2011
Public Hours: Friday, 21st to Sunday, 23rd January 2011
The 3rd edition of India Art Summitâ„˘ will represent the best of Indian Modern and Contemporary Art and provide a unique opportunity for international art to be received by a large and discerning art audience. Approximately 75 galleries will participate in the General Exhibition Section and the newly launched Solo Projects Section; exhibiting a range of paintings, sculptures, photography, mix media, prints, installations, drawings, video art and performances. With this, India Art Summitâ„˘ will offer visitors from around the world a rich and fulfilling art experience in India.
International Speakersâ€™ Forum
A series of highly engaging topical seminars and panels will be planned for the 3rd edition of India Art Summitâ„˘. The 3rd International Speakersâ€™ Forum will bring together an illustrious panel of experts from the art world to discuss key issues pertaining to art in the region, assess important trends in emerging and developed art markets, and exchange views on the development of art.
The Video Lounge will be one of the largest and most comprehensive showcases of video art in India till date. Visitors will have the opportunity to view video art by established and emerging artists from India and around the world as part of a specially curated video art programme.
The 3rd edition of India Art Summit ? will host a 900 sq mtr outdoor space for a Sculpture Park, curated by a panel and presented by participating galleries at the art fair.
Art Projects at the 3rd edition will be conceived to cover all genres and media of Contemporary Art. These interactive initiatives will involve eminent curators, art professionals and research students and will be designed to engage the visitors at India Art Summitâ„˘.
In addition to the preview of India Art Summitâ„˘, our VIP Guests will also have access to exclusive social and cultural events, exhibition tours and artistsâ€™ studio visits. A distinctive programme will be designed to engage art collectors visiting India Art Summitâ„˘, so as to provide an enriching and memorable cultural experience in Delhi.
New Introductions in 2011
A new section of the Art Fair will be launched at the 3rd edition; Unlike the General Exhibition Section of the Art Fair in which each gallery booth shows a number of artists, galleries participating in the Solo Projects Section will have booth displays dedicated to a single artist.
A space allocated within the Art Fair dedicated to the art industry, representing a range of art business and organizations including Art Magazines, Art Publishers, Art Funds, Art Insurance Companies, Art Movers and Packers etc.
The 3rd Edition will include a number of educational initiatives designed to provide greater understanding and access to art in India; the Education Series is an ideal opportunity for visitors to engage in specialized workshops and educational programmes.
India Art Summit? is produced by Fourth Dimension Experiential Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
Venue: Hall 18, Pragati Maidan (ITPO), New Delhi, India
India Art Summitâ„˘ 2009
East of Kailash
New Delhi 110 065, India
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Prianka Sen from 122.164.29.xxx
Article Taged as : announcement, edition, india, summitâ„˘, 20-23, january, 2011, http, www.indiaartsummit.com, announcement, edition, india, summitâ„˘, 20-23, january, 2011,
Article Viewed 5579 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Announcement of the 3rd Edition of India Art Summitâ„˘ 20-23 January 2011
Date Listed : Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Source : ,
- Daviss Drug Guide for Nurses® Twelfth Edition Publishes June 2010 in Print Mobile and Online Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses®, Twelfth Edition delivers comprehensive, up-to-date information on hundreds of generic and thousands of brand-name drugs, with an emphasis on patient safety and preventing medication errors. ...
- Top Picks Expedition Great White Ron Galella documentary a look at Old Havana and more recommendations New series from National Geographic 'Expedition Great White,' documentary 'Smash His Camera' about paparazzo Ron Galella's own life, 'Havana Revisited, a new book on Old Havana, and more top picks.
- Case Shiller Januarys housing prices indicate end of real estate bounceHousing prices fell from December to January, according to the S&P/Case-Shiller home price indices. That indicates the government sponsored housing bounce has ended.
- Apple iPad edition of Wall Street Journal could cost dollor 18 a month According to one report, the Wall Street Journal could charge $17.99 a month for access to an Apple iPad-friendly edition of the business broadsheet. Some bloggers say the price tag ...
- Payments Accountability Council commends federal government for key
announcements in federal budget Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Golden Predator Releases Chairmans Update and PDAC Announcement Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Singapore Visitor Arrivals Increase In Januarysingapore news - news headlines from around the web, refreshed every 15 minutes
- Singapore January Manufacturing Output Grows 39.4 percentage singapore news - news headlines from around the web, refreshed every 15 minutes
- Singapore Industrial Output Surges In Januarysingapore news - news headlines from around the web, refreshed every 15 minutes EE Times Europe Feb 26 2010 8:47AM GMT
- Microsoft Talks Windows Phone Starter Edition Redmond-based software giant Microsoft announced last week the launch of a new mobile operating system, the Windows Phone 7 OS, which is expected to land on the market on handsets ...