Hitachi Consulting UK Implements Financial ERP System for New SeeSaw IPTV Service
LONDON â€' 15 March 2010 â€' Hitachi Consulting UK today announced that it has successfully completed implementation of the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP application suite for the new online TV service, SeeSaw, which launched in the UK earlier this month. The SeeSaw Financial Transaction Reporting system supports the General Ledger, Treasury and Cash Management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities for SeeSawâ€™s advertising-funded free content and business-to consumer pay per view transactions, which will be launched in the second quarter of this year.
SeeSaw offers more than 3,000 hours of on-demand programming to the UK public for free and will add a further 2,000 hours over the coming months, including a mix of free advertising-supported content and paid-for programming. Much of the content is from Channel 4, Five, and BBC Worldwide, in addition to material from independent producers.
â€śWhen a viewer selects a programme, the system tracks who provided the content, what ads were aired, and feeds that information into the Dynamics AX platform,â€ť said Nathan Hodge, Head of Finance for SeeSaw. â€śHitachi Consulting designed the new ERP system to capture all of the transaction details and report back to the content providers and advertising companies, calculating their revenue share where relevant. The new Dynamics system will manage all financial transaction aspects of the system, and these accounts are then fed back to an Oracle-based financial system. We selected Hitachi Consulting for the implementation based on their deep technical understanding of the Microsoft platform and their reputation for successfully project managing and implementing complex reporting transactions, particularly in the retail sector.â€ť
The SeeSaw Financial Transaction Reporting system provides an efficient financial accounting process, and interfaces between Microsoft Dynamics AX and SeeSawâ€™s Data Warehouse. The core financial reports provide business-to-consumer transactions including trial balance, profit and loss, as well as balance sheet information.
About Hitachi Consulting Corporation
As Hitachi, Ltd's (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Hitachi Consulting's client base includes 25 percent of the Global 100 as well as many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.
For more information, call 1.877.664.0010 or visit http://www.hitachiconsulting.com
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501) is a leading global technological and industrial company with total revenues of ÂĄ10,000 billion ($102.0 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2009. Hitachiâ€™s business is highly diversified, encompassing operations in the following seven segments: Information & Telecommunication Systems; Electronic Devices; Power & Industrial Systems; Digital Media & Consumer Products; High Functional Materials & Components; Logistics, Services & Others; and Financial Services.
For more information on Hitachi, please visit Hitachi's website at http://www.hitachi.com
** Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ Hitachiuk **
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0870 242 7469
Distributed on behalf of Hitachi Consulting UK by NeonDrum (http://www.neondrum.com)
Tel: +44 7747 017654
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Liz Hartney from 202.177.160.xxx
Article Taged as : hitachi, consulting, implements, financial, system, seesaw, iptv, service, http, www.neondrum.com, public, public_release.php, where, hitachi, consulting, implements, financial, system, seesaw, iptv, service,
Article Viewed 4593 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Hitachi Consulting UK Implements Financial ERP System for New SeeSaw IPTV Service
Date Listed : Monday, March 15, 2010
Source : ,
- Absorption Systems Innovation Rewarded with New U.S. Patent for.Expanded patent protection for unique FDA-funded technology, which helps predict the risk of drug interactions involving transporters.(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9199386.htm
- CADsoft Consulting Hosts Stormwater Management SeminarA Storm and Sanitary Analysis Symposium to be attended by local municipalities, government agencies, and engineering firms.(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9207789.htm
- Bayer CropScience and Texas A and M University System Sign Agreement.Focal points are improved yield, quality and stress tolerance(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Bayer_CropScience/Wheat_Breeding/prweb9204586.htm
- First Single Camera Multi Parametric Cardiac Imaging System Uses.Findings Published in Circulation Research(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9205846.htm
- CADsoft Consulting Joins Autodesk Developer NetworkAutodesk Partner Now Providing Software Tools for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industries(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9183419.htm
- Pharmalink Consulting Secures Major Biotech Contract with San. Pharmalink Consulting today announced the securing of a major biotech contract, adding yet more success to this fast growing consultancy on the West Coast.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story ...
- Military service even without combat can change personality and make vets less agreeable research suggests It's no secret that battlefield trauma can leave veterans with deep emotional scars that impact their ability to function in civilian life. But new research suggests that military service, even ...
- Tornadoes in Wisconsin Montana spur early warning systemThe VORTEX-2 tornado research project completed last week aims to increase warning times and reduce false alarms.
- US ranks last among 7 countries on health system performance New York, NY, June 23, 2010 — Despite having the most expensive health care system, the United States ranks last overall compared to six other industrialized countries — Australia,...
- Collabera and Panopticon to Jointly Develop New Visual Data Analysis Solutions for Financial and Telecommunications Customers in US and UK The two organizations have signed a partnership agreement that will allow Collabera to embed Panopticon’s data visualization tools into its comprehensive data analysis and business intelligence solutions. (PRWeb Jun 22, ...