Northern Pegasus Back Rising Airlines.
It is no secret that airline stocks have enjoyed a recent reversal of fortunes, and now Northern Pegasus have joined a growing number of analysts encouraging buys in the sector.
The statements came off the back of a new full-year high for the NYSE Arca Airline index last week, with the analysts stating that demand for airline travel, particularly in Asia and Latin America, is once again surging.
The current trend represents a dramatic reversal of fortune from the height of the economic crisis, which sent about a dozen airlines careening into bankruptcy as revenue plunged and oil prices rose. Airlines were vilified for tacking on fees for services that used to be free, including making passengers pay for the privilege of picking their seats. But now, investors see no reason for the good times to end.
Shares of the biggest carriers including American Airlines parent AMR Corp. (AMR), Continental Airlines (CAL), US Airways (LCC) and UAL Corp. (UAUA), parent of United Airlines, are each up more than 200% over the past year. Low-cost carriers Southwest Airlines (LUV) and JetBlue Airways (JBLU) are up a comparably modest 136% and 37% respectively.
That said, there are also reasons to be sceptical; the International Air Transport Association on Thursday slashed its forecast for the global airlines industry's loss in 2010 to $2.8 billion, from a December prediction of $5.6 billion. But as the Northern Pegasus analysts highlighted in their recent statement, demand for airline travel is surging in Asia and Latin America. The U.S. market has also shown recent signs of a revival.
Late last year, Northern Pegasus also projected that corporate travel spending would rise in 2010 as companies began to re-open their wallets. That prediction seems to be coming true.
However, the analysts did sound a note of caution to investors regarding oil prices: The International Energy Agency raised its forecast for global petroleum demand on Friday because of surging economic activity.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Miles Greene from 192.251.226.xxx
Article Taged as : northern, pegasus, back, rising, airlines., http, www.northernpegasus.com, financial, northern, pegasus, back, rising, airlines.,
Article Viewed 2553 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Northern Pegasus Back Rising Airlines.
Date Listed : Monday, March 15, 2010
Source : ,
- Northern Pegasus Back Rising Airlines. It is no secret that airline stocks have enjoyed a recent reversal of fortunes, and now Northern Pegasus have joined a growing number of analysts encouraging buys in the sector.
- London property search abandoned by first time buyers due to rising house prices London - March 3rd, 2010 - Marsh & Parsons, ...But, the end of the stamp duty holiday passes largely unnoticed in the capital
The number of first time buyers carrying out ...
- Northern BC Business Partners with Mosaic Leasing Northern BC Business has partnered with Mosaic Leasing to provide businesses in Northern British Columbia options for financing and leasing.
Northern BC - March 09, 2010 -- Northern BC Business ...
- The best way to tackle rising damp The Problem
Whenever rising damp is diagnosed, it is vital to have the condition correctly treated, as failure to do so can cause a great deal of damage and devaluation to ...
- RISING Security Software 2010 Series is Officially Released RISING Security Software 2010 Series is Officially Released
RISING, world top security software vendor, announces the official release of 2010 RISING security software, fully compatible with Windows 7, with better user ...
- Northern Kentucky Youth Foundation Hosts Laser Tag Fundraiser Newport, KYâ€"March 1, 2010â€" Newly founded Northern Kentucky Youth Foundation announces its first major fundraiser, one that promises fun for the entire family. On March 14, the Lazer Kraze in ...
- Northern BC Business Features Harvest Designs Northern BC Business profiles Harvest Designs as an innovative and unique business in Northern British Columbia
February 25, 2010 -- Northern BC Business is currently featuring Harvest Designs www.harvestdesigns.com from Smithers, ...
- Northern Pegasus Stay Long On Copper â€" Breakout Anticipated. Commodities Traders have been given a strong argument for a long position of copper by the technical analysis division of Northern Pegasus, who clearly see the metal breaking through the ...
- Non-emergency medical transportation gears up for rising elderly population The growth rate of the elderly population in the U.S. has greatly surpassed the growth rate of the population as a whole, making non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) more vital than ...
- Download Favorite Music Video And MP4 Favoritemusicvideo.Com Is Rising Fast On The Popularity Chart, With More Music And Better Features Favoritemusicvideo.com has made it much easier for music lovers to find their favorite videos, even the most controversial ones that are difficult to find elsewhere. They have been very consistent ...