OSI Pharmaceuticals to give talk at Protein Kinases meeting May 27-28, Boston
MONROVIA, CA â€' Andrew Crew, Director of Cancer Chemistry at OSI Pharmaceuticals to speak at GTCbioâ€™s 5th Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference May 27-28, 2010 in Boston, MA.
Andrew Crew will give a presentation on â€śImidazo[1,5-a]pyrazines: Selective and Orally Efficacious mTORC1/2 Inhibitorsâ€ť at the 5th Annual Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference to be held this year in Boston, MA on May 27-28, 2010 by GTCbio. The presentation will describe the identification of a series of imidazo[1,5-a]pyrazines that, through a combination of empirical medicinal chemistry exploration and use of a PI3K?-derived homology model, provided potent and selective inhibitors of both mTORC1 and mTORC2 with broad spectrum anti-tumor activity in vivo.
Benefits of Dr. Crewâ€™s presentation include:
- Description of SAR within the imidazopyrazine series
- Control of in vitro ADMET properties
- Optimization of oral PK
- Demonstration of efficacy in multiple xenograft models
Andy Crew joined OSI in 2002 and has been the multidisciplinary project team leader for OSIâ€™s c-Kit/KDR and mTORC1/2 kinase projects culminating in the development/clinical agents OSI-930, OSI-817 and OSI-027. Currently he is co-head of the OSI Cancer Chemistry department in NY with leadership oversight for multiple advanced and exploratory projects, external collaborations and computational chemistry.
Prior to OSI, Andy worked at Tularik Ltd. (formerly Protherics Molecular Design Ltd) for 6 years, where he worked on the structure-based design and synthesis of inhibitors of the serine proteases factors Xa and VIIa, urokinase and tryptase. Prior to Tularik, Andy worked at Knoll-BASF Pharma (formerly Boots Pharmaceuticals) for 6 years working on neurological diseases, specifically on the discovery of dopamine D1/D5 receptor antagonists, and D2 antagonist/5-HT1A agonist approaches as atypical antipsychotics for the treatment of schizophrenia.
Andy received his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry in 1991 from the University of Liverpool, UK under Dr. Dick Storr working on â€śApproaches to Heterocyclic Analogues of o-Xylylene.â€ť
He received his BSc degree (First Class Hons) in Applied Chemistry in 1987 from the University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology in Cardiff, UK.
Also presenting at the Protein Kinase conference are prestigious organizations including AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Dana-Farber, Dartmouth, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Harvard, Roche, Merck, Pfizer, Tufts, UCSD, Wyeth and other leaders in the kinase industry.
The 5th Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference features presentations on new technology for kinase target and inhibitor identification and screening, kinase selectivity, kinase drug design, kinase targets & inhibitors in oncology, kinase targets & inhibitors in CNS disorders, and kinase targets & inhibitors in inflammatory disorders. For more information, visit http://www.gtcbio.com.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
GTCbio from 59.95.168.xxx
Article Taged as : pharmaceuticals, give, talk, protein, kinases, meeting, 27-28,, boston, http, www.gtcbio.com, pharmaceuticals, give, talk, protein, kinases, meeting, 27-28,, boston,
Article Viewed 3518 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : OSI Pharmaceuticals to give talk at Protein Kinases meeting May 27-28, Boston
Date Listed : Monday, March 15, 2010
Source : ,
- More Business Meetings Are Arranged On A Dhow Cruise In Dubai Dhow dinner cruises in Dubai are not only for the locals and tourists on a Dubai tour, as business meetings are also arranged on a leisure dhow cruise.
Dubai, U.A.E. â€" ...
- Sports Supplements E-Store ProteinShop Lives Upto the Promise Of Lowest Price Guarantee St Annes, Lancashire ( Newsalbum ) March 18, 2010 - Buying sports supplements is not an uphill task today. With all these online sports supplement stores out there, it is ...
- Allied Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals Private Limited announces the launch of their Business Catalog Allied Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals Private Limited, New Delhi is pleased to announce the launch of its newly designed official website http://www.alliedpharmaceuticals.com/. The company's goal is to provide its visitors with ...
- New England's Professional Tennis Team, The Boston Lobsters, Announces 2010 Team with Top Stars Well-Known Tennis Pros James Blake, Jan-Michael Gambill, Eric Butorac, Coco Vandeweghe, and Raquel Kops-Jones to Play for Boston Lobsters. Visiting Marquee Pro Players to Include Anna Kournikova and Martina Hingis.
- Cash loans: Utilize funds for meeting any troubles Unpredictable expenses can arise anytime may be at mid or end of the month. Cash loans can be the reliable way through which you can easily resolve your uninvited cash ...
- Keith T. Flaherty to give talk at Protein Kinases meeting May 27-28, Boston MONROVIA, CA â€" Keith T. Flaherty, Director of Developmental Therapeutics at Massachusetts General Hospital, Cancer Center to speak at GTCbioâ€™s 5th Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference May 27-28, 2010 ...
- OSI Pharmaceuticals to give talk at Protein Kinases meeting May 27-28, Boston MONROVIA, CA â€" Andrew Crew, Director of Cancer Chemistry at OSI Pharmaceuticals to speak at GTCbioâ€™s 5th Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference May 27-28, 2010 in Boston, MA.
Andrew Crew ...
- OSI Pharmaceuticals to give talk at Protein Kinases meeting May 27-28, Boston MONROVIA, CA ďż˝" Andrew Crew, Director of Cancer Chemistry at OSI Pharmaceuticals to speak at GTCbioâ€™s 5th Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference May 27-28, 2010 in Boston, MA.
Andrew Crew ...
- Roche to give featured talk at Protein Kinases meeting May 27-28, Boston MONROVIA, CA â€" David M. Goldstein, Senior Director and Head of Inflammation Chemistry at Hoffmann-La Roche to speak at GTCbioâ€™s 5th Protein Kinases in Drug Discovery conference May 27-28, 2010 ...
- Bone Morphogenic Proteins: Future Therapeutic Applications Stimulating the human body to generate and repair bone, reliably and quickly has been one of the greatest challenges of orthopedic research. Traditional procedures like bone grafting techniques do not ...