Reasons for ERP system failure
ERP solutions are designed (http://www.eresourceerp.com/ reasons-for-ERP-system-failure.html) for a large audience of companies looking to achieve success by following a template of best business practices. However, the system often fails to achieve its promise because people who are supposed to be the main users of the systems reluctant to change their attitudes.
This leads to costly program modifications to replicate those processes. This, in turn, can result in unnecessary manual tasks and issues of software maintenance, which neutralize the original benefits of the software.
When making an ERP software selection, examine the processes encoded in the software. If you can agree to model your company's best practices based on those processes, you're choosing the right solution. If you can't, continue looking.
Once the ERP system is chosen, it's not uncommon for management to turn the project over to a subordinate to manage the implementation. The problem is that the subordinate, who is usually chosen from the end-user base or IT department, typically isn't given the authority to implement necessary business process changes.
Project management is a discipline, which requires the ability to delve into detail while keeping a perspective on the original business objectives. The project manager needs to have the ability to overcome impasses through a judicious combination of political guile and management direction.
The most successful ERP projects are led by a member of the management team who has actively participated in both the software selection and implementation efforts. When selecting your project manager, choose the one who has the most to gain from the ERP system.
For more information kindly visit: http://www.eresourceerp.com/ reasons-for-ERP-system-failure.html
OR Please Contact us at:
TMA House, 1st Floor,Road No 16, Plot No. 6,Wagle Industrial Estate,Thane (West) 400 604, Maharashtra, Tel: +91 22 25827692/+91 22 25828775/+91 22 65130234, +91 22 65130234, e-mail (Sales): ,
e-mail (Help Desk): , Web site: http://www.eresourceerp.com
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
eresource erp from 59.181.110.xxx
Article Taged as : reasons, system, failure, http, www.eresourceerp.com, reasons, system, failure,
Article Viewed 2498 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Reasons for ERP system failure
Date Listed : Thursday, March 04, 2010
Source : ,
- Absorption Systems Innovation Rewarded with New U.S. Patent for.Expanded patent protection for unique FDA-funded technology, which helps predict the risk of drug interactions involving transporters.(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9199386.htm
- Bayer CropScience and Texas A and M University System Sign Agreement.Focal points are improved yield, quality and stress tolerance(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Bayer_CropScience/Wheat_Breeding/prweb9204586.htm
- First Single Camera Multi Parametric Cardiac Imaging System Uses.Findings Published in Circulation Research(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9205846.htm
- Telomere failure telomerase activation drive prostate cancer progression Genomic instability caused by an erosion of the protective caps on chromosomes, followed by activation of an enzyme that reinforces those caps, allows malignant cells to evade destruction and acquire ...
- Preemies Novel feeding device may decrease risk of failure to thrive A novel feeding device developed may decrease the risk of failure to thrive (FTT), which currently affects half of all newborns with congenital heart defects even after their surgical lesions ...
- Tornadoes in Wisconsin Montana spur early warning systemThe VORTEX-2 tornado research project completed last week aims to increase warning times and reduce false alarms.
- She sees the places to go he the reasons to stay as they journey separate wayHer father's days as a pilot have left him longing for home, while she is just beginning her journeys.
- US ranks last among 7 countries on health system performance New York, NY, June 23, 2010 — Despite having the most expensive health care system, the United States ranks last overall compared to six other industrialized countries — Australia,...
- Impacts of Chilean salmon farms on coastal ecosystem discovered accidentally Until recently, the disastrous scale of the threat posed by salmon farms to the fauna and National Park of the AysÚn region of southern Chile was entirely unknown. The unexpected ...
- DTM Systems Corporation is Pleased to Announce Their Newest Partnership with Meraki DTM Systems has achieved the highest level within the Partner Program at Meraki, Gold Membership. The Meraki Partner Program enables technology solution providers like DTM to offer Meraki’s next-generation wireless ...