World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico 2009 edition
US consumer expenditure on clothing and footwear fell by 1.1% in 2008 and continued to decline in the first half of 2009 as the recession took hold. Reflecting the downturn, there was a 10.6% fall in the volume of US textile and clothing imports in the first seven months of 2009. Exports fell too as demand in foreign markets weakened. In textiles, exports plummeted by 24.1% as shipments to the USA‚Äôs two biggest markets, Canada and Mexico, fell sharply. In clothing, exports declined by 6.8%, again due to lower sales in Canada and Mexico‚Ä'although shipments to Japan and Saudi Arabia grew strongly. As a result of these trends, US textile and clothing output dropped significantly in the first few months of 2009. Employment was also hit and stood 15.0% lower in September 2009 than a year earlier.
In Argentina, textile output rose by 1.5% in 2008 but dropped by 13.2% in the first half of 2009. Foreign sales followed much the same pattern. In 2008 textile and clothing exports rose by 4.9%, but in the first quarter of 2009 they plunged by 38.0%.
The industry in Brazil suffered a similar fate as textile and clothing exports plummeted by 23.3% in the first seven months of 2009 after rising by 2.6% in 2008. Textile output fell in the first four months of 2009 and clothing fared even worse.
In Colombia the textile industry has fared much better than clothing. Although export growth has slowed, sales of textiles rose by 25.8% in the first half of 2009. But clothing exports plunged by 54.5%, having been dragged down by a slump in demand for Colombian garments in Ecuador, Mexico, the USA, and Venezuela.
In Mexico the industry continued to struggle as US importers shifted orders to China and other low cost Asian countries. In the first half of 2009 alone, Mexican textile and clothing exports declined by 17.5% after falling by 6.2% in 2008.
To know more about this report & to buy a copy please visit :
http://www.visionshopsters.com/ product/ 1406/ World-Textile-and-Apparel-Trade-and-Production-Trends-the-USA-Argentina-Brazil-Colombia-and-Mexico-2009-edition.html
Ph : 91-22-40583000
Website : http://www.visionshopsters.com
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Visionshopsters from 59.184.158.xxx
Article Taged as : world, textile, apparel, trade, production, trends:, usa,, argentina,, brazil,, colombia, mexico, 2009, edition, http, www.visionshopsters.com, world, textile, apparel, trade, production, trends:, usa,, argentina,, brazil,, colombia, mexico, 2009, edition,
Article Viewed 2851 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico 2009 edition
Date Listed : Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Source : ,
- Mobile Networks Evolving to all-IP backbone 2nd edition ----Aarkstore Enterprise Overview:
Mobile operators have made substantial investments in legacy protocols. Third generation (3G) data networking have brought carriers into the IP world and fourth generation (4G) data will require an all-IP ...
- Apparel Candy Announces A Big 10% Off Discount For Limited Time Only! Los Angeles, CA ( Newsalbum ) March 19, 2010 - Apparel Candy, one of the leading and trendiest in the world of wholesale clothing and wholesale sunglasses (http://www.apparelcandy.com), is holding ...
- Announcement of the 3rd Edition of India Art Summit‚ĄĘ 20-23 January 2011 East of Kailash, New Delhi ( Newsalbum ) March 17, 2010 - India Art Summit? is pleased to announce its 3rd edition, from 20 ‚Ä" 23 January 2011 in New ...
- Ayana Apparel Launches Fashionable Lines of Sun Protective Clothing Continuing to revolutionize the clothing industry, expanding brand, Ayana Apparel, has yet another line of stylish sun protective clothing ready for Spring and Summer of 2010.
Santa Monica, CA, March 16, ...
- Mexico Metal & Tube announces the launch of their Business Catalog Mexico Metal & Tube, Mumbai is pleased to announce the launch of its newly designed official website http://www.indiamart.com/mexicometal/. The company's goal is to provide its visitors with a virtual experience ...
- Stan Lee, Animation Ink, and Vanguard Productions Launch LA Rock'n Comic-Con FAME LA , Vanguard Productions, and Animation Ink, in cooperation with Desert Wind Comics, announce the LA Rock‚Äôn Comic-Con 2010 at the Pasadena Convention Center featuring Marvel Comics creator Stan ...
- Travelegia.com directory continues its digest of Bed and Breakfast inns in Ohio, Connecticut, New Mexico and other locations across US & Worldwide BnBStar.com is 5 INNSTAR Bed and Breakfast directory featuring Innkeepers Travel Guide and exclusive Facebook B&B Search application
This new digest continues series of periodic online publications aiming to promote Bed ...
- Hispanic Latino Market in the U.S. A Generational View, 7th Edition Reports Now Available on ReportsandReports Dallas, TX: ReportsandReports announce to have Hispanic Latino Market in the U.S. A Generational View, 7th Edition Market Research Report in its store
As their buying power nears $1 trillion, the ...
- Frank Frazetta Signs with Vanguard Productions Legendary fantasy artist Frank Frazetta and acclaimed publisher Vanguard Productions announce a new publishing relationship.
New York, NY, March 08, 2010 -- Legendary fantasy artist Frank Frazetta and acclaimed publisher Vanguard ...
- HMX Group in drive to boost Bobby Jones European Apparel Operations As Bobby Jones enters into an exciting period for the brand, it is announced that operations have now been centralised from HMX Group‚Äôs head office.
Cheshire, UK, March 04 2010 -- ...