Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations 3rd quarter 2009
In retailing, UK-based Asda has expanded its product assortment by launching a range of ethnic Asian clothing items, including salwar kameez (traditional suits), kurtas (tunics), dupatta (scarves) and churidars (slim leg trousers). Meanwhile, scientists in Japan have taken the first steps to develop a technology which could enable online shoppers to feel the texture of clothing via the Internet. In environmentally friendly apparel manufacturing, Anvil Knitwear has unveiled an eco-friendly T-shirt made from recycled plastic bottles and transitional cotton, Zegna Sport has produced an environmentally friendly version of its solar-powered jacket which can charge small electronic devices, and Wundervoll has developed a new collection of lingerie made from Biophyl fabric containing yarns derived from a renewable resource.
In apparel design, Adidas has introduced a T-shirt made from a single piece of fabric and in fabric design a South African textile design student, Moipone Qekisi, has won the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) Colour Design Award 2009.
In fabrics, Fast Retailing has developed a new denim fabric which can stretch horizontally, vertically and diagonally, Invista has unveiled a new collection of environmentally friendly fabrics called Cordura EcoMade, scientists in New Zealand have developed a new range of natural fabrics for sleepwear, and Quick-Med Technologies has developed a new antimicrobial fabric treatment called Stay Fresh.
In fibres and yarns, Esquel Group and Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) have launched a new range of yarns made from a blend of cotton and Australian merino wool, and Lenzing has developed Tencel Sun, a new version of Tencel which provides protection against ultraviolet (UV) rays.
To know more about this report & to buy a copy please visit :
http://www.visionshopsters.com/ product/ 1393/ Global-apparel-markets-product-developments-and-innovations-3rd-quarter-2009.html
Ph : 91-22-40583000
Website : http://www.visionshopsters.com
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Visionshopsters from 59.184.178.xxx
Article Taged as : global, apparel, markets:, product, developments, innovations, quarter, 2009, http, www.visionshopsters.com, global, apparel, markets:, product, developments, innovations, quarter, 2009,
Article Viewed 2328 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations 3rd quarter 2009
Date Listed : Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Source : ,
- MuseGlobal and Efficens Announces Partnership
Further Expands Global. MuseGlobal, Inc. and Efficens Software Ltd. announced today that Efficens will resell in Israel MuseGlobal's Social Business Content Platform. The reseller agreement, which further expands...(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full ...
- Taking tips from Vikings can help us adapt to global change Climate change, economic turmoil and cultural upheaval may be pressing concerns today – but history can teach us how best to respond, research suggests. Scientists studying the past environments and...
- Man made photosynthesis to revolutionise food and energy production Improving natural photosynthesis to make new fuels and boost crop production is the focus of Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) funded research presented at the American...
- Plethora of New Products to be Showcased at 2012 Molecular Medicine. Over 45 companies are launching new products at this year's Molecular Medicine TRI-CON. Products can be viewed in the exhibit hall on February 21-22.(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story ...
- Newest Secure Messaging Products Drummond Certified™ in AS3.AS3 1Q12 test results certified by Drummond Group released today.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9201517.htm
- Apparel Company Pays HOMAGE to American HeroVintage T-Shirt commemorates astronaut John Glenn's first orbit of Earth(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9201770.htm
- VoIP Innovations Is Tax Compliant in All 50 States VoIP Innovations, North America's premier wholesale VoIP carrier, is reminding the industry that it is tax compliant in all 50 US States. "Tax compliance is going to become a very ...
- Global permafrost zones in high resolution images on Google Earth Thawing permafrost will have far-reaching ramifications for populated areas, infrastructure and ecosystems. A geographer in Switzerland reveals where it is important to confront the issue based on new permafrost maps ...
- Human made photosynthesis to revolutionize food and energy production Improving natural photosynthesis to make new fuels and boost crop production is the focus of new research. It could see us one step closer to bottling the sun's energy or ...
- Website Analyzes Skin Wrinkles Discoloration and Acne For Determining Product Efficacy Website www.skinofmine.com allows users to upload photographs of their skin and quantify their wrinkles, discoloration, or acne. The idea is to do this before and after beginning a new ...