Internal Metronome Brain implant reveals neural patterns of attention
A paralyzed patient implanted with a brain-computer interface device has allowed scientists to determine the relationship between brain waves and attention. Characteristic activity patterns known as beta and delta oscillations have been observed in various regions of the brain since the early 20th century, and have been theoretically associated with attention. The unique opportunity to record from human motor cortex allowed researchers to investigate this relationship more thoroughly than ever before.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : internal, metronome, brain, implant, reveals, neural, patterns, attention, http, feeds.sciencedaily.com, sciencedaily, 1isifbld6hq, 100224132457.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, internal, metronome, brain, implant, reveals, neural, patterns, attention,
Article Viewed 887 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Internal Metronome Brain implant reveals neural patterns of attention
Date Listed : Thursday, February 25, 2010
Source : ,
- TestiVar Expert Reveals New Scientific Data Behind Successful Pricing.With seven years of data from profitable and unprofitable businesses to analyze, TestiVar expert reveals the latest best practices on product pricing.(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9206691.htm
- Join Free Webinar to Learn How SMBs Can Enhance Internal Collaboration.Learn about how SMBs can enhance internal collaboration and engage mobile customers by customizing WebMobi Mobile Form Apps.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9202066.htm
- NASA spacecraft reveals recent geological activity on the moon New images from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) spacecraft show the moon's crust is being stretched, forming minute valleys in a few small areas on the lunar surface. Scientists propose ...
- Ear tubes appear safe for children with cochlear implants A history of ear tubes to treat infections does not appear to adversely affect children with cochlear implants, regardless of whether the tubes are left in place or removed before ...
- Facebook bug reveals scores of private email addresses A bug briefly exposed the contact information of many Facebook users on Tuesday night. Facebook reps say the problem is resolved. But how safe is the information on your Facebook ...
- Study reveals that logging debris suppresses development of an invasive competitor Scotch broom PORTLAND, Ore. ?April 2, 2010. Countless studies and reports exist describing how a landscape is impacted after logging Douglas-fir: What is the impact on the soil? Should one leave the ...
- Weak link in Alzheimers drug candidates Some may cause further neural degenerationSome current therapies being investigated for Alzheimer's disease may cause further neural degeneration and cell death, according to a breakthrough discovery.
- New cryptic gecko reveals itselfA new and extremely well camouflaged species of gecko in discovered hiding in the mountain forests of Cambodia.
- A baby sitters undivided attentionOur Estonian baby sitter met us with a sing-song Hello, hello!' and listened to tales of our day.
- Study Reveals Californians Must Increase Earthquake Preparedness Less Than 20 Percent Have Prepared Their Homes Only 40 Percent Have Sufficient WaterState and Local Agencies are Better Prepared Today, but Weakest Link is Citizen Preparedness (PRWeb Mar 5, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3690434.htm