Can Afghanistan Taliban absorb blow to Quetta Shura where
The Afghanistan Taliban is under pressure with 7 of 15 members of its top leadership council, the Quetta Shura, recently arrested. But still in place are senior leaders who might step up and other senior Taliban councils responsible for different parts of the country.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : afghanistan, taliban, absorb, blow, quetta, shura, where, http, www.csmonitor.com, world, 2010, 0225, afghanistan, taliban, absorb, blow, quetta, shura, http, www.csmonitor.com, csm.rss, christian, science, monitor, stories, afghanistan, taliban, absorb, blow, quetta, shura, where,
Article Viewed 534 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
christian science monitor | all stories
all of today's stories from the christian science monitor
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 161166 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Can Afghanistan Taliban absorb blow to Quetta Shura where
Date Listed : Thursday, February 25, 2010
Source : ,
- A widow fights Pakistan Taliban with embroidery Mussarat Ahmedzeb, whose father-in-law once ruled Swat Valley, returned home at the height of gruesome Pakistan Taliban rule to open an embroidery program. Today, more than 500 women go there ...
- In Afghanistan war zone a movie theater comes back to life
An old movie theater in Lashkar Gah, shuttered by years of Afghanistan wars and hard-line Islamic rule, will soon reopen to host poetry readings and movies again. A sign of ...
- Taliban to be flushed from N. Waziristan in two months says Pakistan general Maj. Gen. Tariq Khan said the Pakistani Army was leading the assault in North Waziristan against Al Qaeda and Afghan Taliban. "This will finish in a couple of months," says ...
- Defense budget After Afghanistan and Iraq withdrawal a peace dividend where An Afghanistan and Iraq withdrawal could trim billions of dollars from the US defense budget.
- Obamas surprise Afghanistan trip begins life after healthcare President Obama took a secret trip to Afghanistan this weekend to impress upon Afghan President Hamid Karzai the need to cut corruption. It is his first trip to Afghanistan as ...
- Pentagon wants dollor 33 billion more for war in AfghanistanThe Pentagon's request for a $33 billion war supplemental for Afghanistan has Congress concerned about long-term costs. Training Afghan security forces, for instance, could take years.
- US will expedite aid to Pakistan to fight Taliban and Al Qaeda The relationship has often been stormy. But the US likes the way Pakistan is fighting Taliban extremists and Al Qaeda and is willing to speed along military aid. Help with ...
- For Pakistan Taliban critics on the home front include mothers While some women living in Pakistan Taliban strongholds may count militants as relatives, they are hardly proud mothers of jihad. Instead, they worry about their sons being radicalized and sent ...
- Can Afghanistan economy thrive without poppy where The Afghanistan economy must shift reliance off its poppy crop toward agriculture and mining. The government began a massive poppy eradication campaign this week.
- Can Afghanistan Taliban absorb blow to Quetta Shura where The Afghanistan Taliban is under pressure with 7 of 15 members of its top leadership council, the Quetta Shura, recently arrested. But still in place are senior leaders who might ...