Libelium to demonstrate wireless sensor products at CeBIT
Zaragoza, Spain â€' February 23rd, 2010 â€' Libelium, a technology leader in distributed wireless networks, announces their participation in three major wireless industry events. The exhibitions include CeBIT 2010 in Hannover, Germany, from 2nd-6th March; Sensor+Test 2010 in Nuremberg, Germany, from 18th-20th May; and Sensors Expo & Conference 2010 in Rosemont, Illinois, USA from 7th-9th June. Libelium will demonstrate the Waspmote wireless sensor platform and the Meshlium wireless, Linux-based, multiprotocol mesh router. In addition Libelium CTO, David GascĂłn, will speak about both products in a series of papers and presentations.
The Waspmote wireless sensing platform is used for environmental monitoring, fire & flood detection and logistics. The platform includes a range of radio ZigBee modules with a choice of protocol versions, radio frequency and range (up to 40 km) as well as a module for GPRS which can connect a sensor network to the outside world. The Waspmote main board contains an in-built accelerometer and when combined with the GPS module the device can be used to measure speed, direction and location of vehicles or containers. The platform has outstanding power management allowing it to be deployed in very remote locations and adverse conditions; an optional solar panel can allow almost indefinite operation.
Complementing Waspmote, the Meshlium multi-protocol, Linux-based, outdoor router enables mesh networks to be deployed in buildings, arenas, transport hubs (such as railway stations and airports), open spaces and by emergency services. The router is extremely modular with a wide choice of radio modules and a choice of disk capacity. Meshlium uniquely supports 5 wireless standards - wifi, ZigBee, GPRS, Bluetooth and GPS â€' as well as wireline Ethernet. The wide choice of modules, and disks, enables the router to be configured into 177 possible variants; allowing it to be tailored to meet the needs of a specific network. With its sturdy IP65 briefcase and its optional solar panel, car battery and car lighter adaptors it can be deployed almost anywhere.
CEO Alicia AsĂn says, â€śLibelium now offers a comprehensive product range for implementing mesh and wireless sensor networksâ€ť. She adds, â€śBy being present at the main industry events for sensors this spring, users in Europe and North America will have a great opportunity to view Libeliumâ€™s outstanding wireless productsâ€ť.
CeBIT 2nd-6th March 2010, Hannover, Germany
Libelium will be exhibiting in Hall 13, Stand C84, (13). There will be live demos of the Waspmote wireless sensing platform and the Meshlium Linux multi-protocol router on the stand. Alicia AsĂn says, â€śCeBIT visitors will have the first opportunity to view a new software package for monitoring the network, managing domains and configuring Meshlium routers in a centralised wayâ€ť.
On Thursday 4th March at 15:30-16:00, Libelium CTO, David Gascon, will present â€śWireless Sensor Networks with Waspmoteâ€ť in Hall 6, Institutional Pavilion.
On Friday 5th March at 10:45-11:30, Libelium CTO, David GascĂłn, will present â€śMeshlium, the Linux Wireless Multiprotocol Routerâ€ť. This is part of CeBIT Forum Open Source in Hall 2, Stand F38.
Sensor+Test 18th-20th May 2010, Nuremberg, Germany
Libelium will demonstrate its Waspmote and Meshlium products in Hall 12, stand 12-227.
Every day at 13:30-13:45, Libelium will show the wireless sensor network Waspmote platform in the Action Area.
On Thursday 20th May at 9:30-10:00, Libelium CTO, David GascĂłn, will present â€śWaspmote, a Sensor Device Platform for developing Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN)â€ť as part of Programme Hall 12.
Sensors Expo & Conference 7th-9th June 2010, Rosemont, Illinois, USA
Libelium will show its Waspmote and Meshlium products in Booth #500.
On Tuesday 8th June 2010 at13:50-14:30, Libelium CTO, David GascĂłn, will present the paper â€śHigh-performance, low-power WSN: when Nano Amps and Long-Range links shake Handsâ€ť in the Conference Hall. This paper is jointly presented with Marco Zennaro from Italy and Antoine Bagula of South Africa.
Meshlium is an X86-based, modular, wireless, multiprotocol mesh outdoor router running Linux. It uniquely combines five wireless technologies - wifi, ZigBee, GPRS, Bluetooth and GPS. The router can be configured to support the required wireless technologies through choosing from the following modules: a) three wifi modules with differing ranges (up to 50 km) and power consumptions; b) Xbee range of ZigBee wireless communication modules offering a choice of protocol versions, radio frequency and range (up to 40 km); c) a Bluetooth module; d) a GPRS module and e) a GPS module. The router has a choice of 8, 16 & 32 GB disks. Meshlium runs Debian Linux OS and is managed by an open source, browser-based, user-extendable Meshlium Management System offering a graphical representation of communication interfaces, mesh configuration, networks and cryptography status. Links to Web 2.0 (Twitter and WordPress) and mapping (Google Maps) are available.
For more information visit http://www.libelium.com/ meshlium
Waspmote is a modular platform for building wireless sensor networks. The platform comprises:
i) the Waspmote board with microcontroller, memory, battery, accelerometer and sockets for add-on modules; ii) open source API and compiler; Xbee range of ZigBee wireless communication modules offering a choice of protocol versions, radio frequency and range (up to 40 km); iii) wireless modules supporting GPRS, GPS; a gas sensor board supports the detection of gases arising from industrial pollution, fires, farms and chemical and industrial processes; iv) a physical event detector board support security, flood detection and vibration and impact monitoring; and v) outstanding power management - an unprecedented 0.7 microamperes is required in hibernate mode.
Waspmote is CE, FCC and IC certified.
For Waspmote platform details visit http://www.libelium.com/ waspmote
Libelium designs and manufactures hardware and communication protocols for distributed wireless networks. The product portfolio consists of the Waspmote low power platform for creating wireless sensor networks; the Meshlium multi-tech router integrating WiFi mesh (2.4GHz - 5GHz), ZigBee, GPRS, GPS and Bluetooth technologies; and N-vio platform for proximity marketing and messaging via Bluetooth.
The company was founded in 2006, is privately held and is based at the European Business and Innovation Centre CEEIARAGON, Zaragoza, Spain.
For more company information call +34 976 54 74 92 or visit http://www.libelium.com
For information on Libeliumâ€™s participation at industry events visit http://www.libelium.com/ libeliumworld/ events
Tel: +34 976 54 74 92
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Liz Hartney from 82.20.132.xxx
Article Taged as : libelium, demonstrate, wireless, sensor, products, cebit, http, www.neondrum.com, public, public_release.php, where, libelium, demonstrate, wireless, sensor, products, cebit,
Article Viewed 7179 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Libelium to demonstrate wireless sensor products at CeBIT
Date Listed : Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Source : ,
- First wirelessly controlled drug delivery chip About 15 years ago, MIT professors Robert Langer and Michael Cima had the idea to develop a programmable, wirelessly controlled microchip that would deliver drugs after implantation in a patient's...
- New 100Mbps High Speed Wireless Technology from AvaLAN WirelessMesh, Star or Bridge Network Topologies Supported(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/AvaLAN_Wireless/100Mbps/prweb9201628.htm
- Plethora of New Products to be Showcased at 2012 Molecular Medicine. Over 45 companies are launching new products at this year's Molecular Medicine TRI-CON. Products can be viewed in the exhibit hall on February 21-22.(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story ...
- Newest Secure Messaging Products Drummond Certified™ in AS3.AS3 1Q12 test results certified by Drummond Group released today.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9201517.htm
- Faulty fat sensor implicated in obesity and liver disease Defects in a protein that functions as a dietary fat sensor may be a cause of obesity and liver disease, according to a new study. The findings highlight a promising ...
- Monmouth Vans Exclusive Dealer For New Wheelchair Safety Products The Bakk Flip & Lokk Up Wheelchair Restraint System is now available for purchase in the U.S. (PRWeb Jun 22, 2010)
Read the ...
- The QUE proReader by Plastic Logic Receives Two Mobile Industry Awards at International CTIA Wireless The QUE™ proReader is the recipient of two mobile industry awards at the International CTIA WIRELESS 2010®. In addition to receiving second place in the CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Award’s ...
- Robot sub equipped with sensory system inspired by blind fish Researchers have equipped an underwater robot with a sensory system they expect will eventually prove effective, reliable, and energy-efficient in environments ranging from the sea floor to turbid rivers to ...
- EchoSat SPG Adds Cellular Wireless to Service LineupSPG Customers rollout super fast cell-based SPG service at C-Store POS & ATMs (PRWeb Mar 4, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3679854.htm
- Gems Sensors and Controls Receives ISO 13485 2003 Certification Gems Sensors & Controls is pleased to announce that it has achieved ISO 13485:2003 certification for it’s North American manufacturing facility located in Plainville, CT. Gems Medical Sciences a division ...