Hitachi Consulting and AMTEC Management Consulting Shortlisted for MCA Management Awards 2010 with RAF
LONDON ‚Ä' 22 February, 2010 ‚Ä' Hitachi Consulting UK today announced that in conjunction with AMTEC Management Consulting, it has been shortlisted for the ‚ÄėChange Management in Public Sector‚Äô Award organised by the Management Consultancies Association (MCA) for the innovative work carried out on the Future Brize Programme, a ¬£340m programme to establish Brize Norton as the RAF‚Äôs centre for air transport and air-to-air refuelling operations.
The Hitachi Consulting/AMTEC team was one of seven entries to be shortlisted in its category. The nomination recognises how, in a turnaround project, the team addressed the key programme management components required for a successful outcome, providing programme stability, visibility of current project status and the transfer of skills. The result is that the Future Brize Programme now has the structure, governance and momentum needed to succeed. With the programme back on track, cost savings are projected at ¬£23 million per annum, morale is high and people aspects (such as the impact on RAF families) are a top priority.
Richard Goodson, Vice President, Hitachi Consulting UK commented, ‚ÄúWe are thrilled to have been shortlisted for this award as it truly recognises the important work carried out by ourselves and AMTEC. We have worked successfully together on a high profile project that has a direct impact on the organisation and its personnel.‚ÄĚ
Romy Nash, AMTEC Director of Consulting, added, ‚ÄĚWith our joint expertise, we have helped deliver a robust and stabilising programme management environment, to enable the Senior Responsible Owner and Programme Manager to accurately assess current programme status against planned activity to meet the varied audit and reporting requirements of the Government, the Ministry of Defence and the Secretary of State.‚ÄĚ
The winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner on Thursday 29 April at the prestigious Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane in Central London. An expert panel of judges will be selecting the winners. The judges are Sally Scutt, Deputy Director General, British Bankers‚Äô Association, Andy Saunders, Deputy Editor, Management Today, Dr. Peter Walmsley, Programme Lead, Supplier Relationship Management, The Home Office and Dr. Duncan Angwin, Strategic Management Group, Warwick Business School, to name a few. More information on the awards can be found at: http://www.mca.org.uk/ mca-management-awards-2010-shortlist
About the MCA Management Awards
The MCA Management Awards, now entering their 14th year, and run in association with Management Today, seek out the very best management consultant and client teams, who have delivered truly outstanding results and demonstrated how the UK consulting industry is a positive force for the economy. http://www.mca.org.uk/ awards/ management-awards
Formed in 1986, AMTEC is a leading independent supplier of consulting, specialist consulting resources and interim managers, primarily to the UK public sector. AMTEC is an accredited supplier to the public sector through the Buying Solutions framework, with uniquely broad coverage across the catalogue. http://www.amtec.co.uk
About Hitachi Consulting Corporation
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Hitachi Consulting's client base includes 25 percent of the Global 100 as well as many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.
For more information, call 1.877.664.0010 or visit http://www.hitachiconsulting.com
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501) is a leading global technological and industrial company with total revenues of ¬•10,000 billion ($102.0 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2009. Hitachi‚Äôs business is highly diversified, encompassing operations in the following seven segments: Information & Telecommunication Systems; Electronic Devices; Power & Industrial Systems; Digital Media & Consumer Products; High Functional Materials & Components; Logistics, Services & Others; and Financial Services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit Hitachi's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
** Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ Hitachiuk **
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0870 7000 166
Distributed on behalf of Hitachi Consulting by NeonDrum (http://www.neondrum.com)
Tel: +44 7747 017654
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Liz Hartney from 202.177.160.xxx
Article Taged as : hitachi, consulting, amtec, management, consulting, shortlisted, management, awards, 2010, with, http, www.neondrum.com, public, public_release.php, where, hitachi, consulting, amtec, management, consulting, shortlisted, management, awards, 2010, with,
Article Viewed 5558 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Hitachi Consulting and AMTEC Management Consulting Shortlisted for MCA Management Awards 2010 with RAF
Date Listed : Monday, February 22, 2010
Source : ,
- CADsoft Consulting Hosts Stormwater Management SeminarA Storm and Sanitary Analysis Symposium to be attended by local municipalities, government agencies, and engineering firms.(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9207789.htm
- CADsoft Consulting Joins Autodesk Developer NetworkAutodesk Partner Now Providing Software Tools for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industries(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9183419.htm
- Pharmalink Consulting Secures Major Biotech Contract with San. Pharmalink Consulting today announced the securing of a major biotech contract, adding yet more success to this fast growing consultancy on the West Coast.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story ...
- Water management and climate change in ancient Maya cityThere are new findings from inside a cave and a key cultural and religious center for the ancient Maya.
- Blather fighters hand out clarity awardsThe Center for Plain Language has issued its first awards for the best and worst examples of public communications.
- 2010 U.S. Revenue Cycle Management Study Strategic Analysis of Industry Progress with Direct Provider to Payer Transactions & Industry Readiness for New HIPAA 5010 Format (PRWeb Jun 21, 2010)
- LogMatrix Log Management Solution Easily Supports Customers Extreme Scalability and Data Retrieval Requirements Ability to capture and report on billions of events per day in real-time a key differentiator (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
Read the full ...
- SharpBrains Launches First Brain Fitness Innovation Awards to Recognize Neuroplasticity PioneersAward Winners to be announced May 24th in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month (PRWeb Mar 31, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/SharpBrains/Brain_Fitness/prweb3810764.htm
- Intertech Announces Azure Consulting Practice Intertech (http://www.Intertech.com) announces software development consulting services targeted to help customers effectively use Microsoft Azure. (PRWeb Mar 29, 2010)
Read the full story ...
- The QUE proReader by Plastic Logic Receives Two Mobile Industry Awards at International CTIA Wireless The QUE™ proReader is the recipient of two mobile industry awards at the International CTIA WIRELESS 2010®. In addition to receiving second place in the CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Award’s ...