Real-Time Location Solution Enables Retirement Community to Elevate the Standard of Care and Safety Provided to their Residents
Intelligent InSites, Inc., announced today that Rockhill Mennonite Community, a continuing care retirement community located in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, has implemented the InSites Enterprise Visibility Platform™ as the core of its resident care & safety solution.
Sellersville, PA, February 20, 2010 -- Intelligent InSites, Inc., announced today that Rockhill Mennonite Community (Rockhill), a continuing care retirement community located in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, has implemented the InSites Enterprise Visibility Platform™ as the core of its resident care & safety solution. The innovative “indoor positioning system” offered by Intelligent InSites integrates real-time location sensing hardware provided by CenTrak and communication devices, such as pagers and PDAs, to monitor movement throughout the community and provides accurate and instant location information to enhance the level of care, services, and safety.
Each resident is provided a small pendant, which allows them to request assistance from anywhere in the facility by simply pressing a button on the pendant. The assistance request instantly alerts staff of the resident’s name, photo, and precise location. Requests for assistance are also delivered automatically on the residents behalf should the solution sense a potentially troublesome situation, such as entering a restricted area or spending an inordinate amount of time without movement. Additionally, the software provides, updated in real-time, a map view of the facility with an icon for representing each staff member, resident, or even equipment, as they move around the facility. This way staff can head to that specific location without any delay, a tremendous improvement over traditional nurse call systems, which rely on the residents to activate alerts and do not provide their current location. The InSites solution also supports inputs and alerts from other systems, such as fall prevention, access control, or healthcare information systems, to be delivered through the InSites mobile workflow engine so the critical information is provided immediately to the right caregiver regardless of where they may be.
“Staff have commented on their sense of improved productivity after implementing the InSites solution. That equates to additional time that can be redirected towards resident care,” said Ron Sawatsky, CEO of Rockhill.
The implementation of the InSites solution also provides families more insight into the lives of their loved ones. The system is able to passively record resident activities, thereby providing a way for families and caregivers to ensure residents are involved in day-to-day events and interactions, and not simply being sedentary for hours.
“The value of understanding what activities residents participate in allows us to better serve their needs, which directly relates to their overall satisfaction,” Sawatsky explained.
“We are proud to partner with Rockhill as they embrace the use of these innovative, yet practical, technologies to elevate the level of care they are able to provide their residents. We’ve found that residents most appreciate the independence and sense of security the system provides, while the staff really likes the time it saves them each day,” commented Mark Rheault, President and CEO of Intelligent InSites.
“InSites solution enables us to fulfill our mission of improving our residents' quality of life by providing best care, service and safety,” Sawatsky concluded.
About Rockhill Mennonite Community:
The Rockhill Mennonite Community is a continuing care retirement community located in Sellersville, PA. Rockhill's services include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Healthcare, and Adult Day Services. The mission of Rockhill Mennonite Community is to provide a wide range of services to meet specific needs and encompass the whole person...physical, emotional, social and spiritual. The services are provided in an atmosphere of Christian love. For more information, visit http://www.rockhillmennonite.org.
CenTrak is a leading provider of precise, adaptable, and cost-effective tracking solutions for healthcare facilities. The patented InTouchCare™ Real Time Location System (RTLS) infrastructure uniquely combines Gen2IR and active RFID technologies to deliver certainty-based or error free data, a requirement for workflow and other important applications. As the only predominantly battery-powered RTLS network, it has attained an ease and cost effective level of installation previously unattainable. InTouchCare is currently operating in millions of square feet of several world-class healthcare sites in the United States. For more information about CenTrak, please visit http://www.centrak.com.
About Intelligent InSites:
Intelligent InSites delivers automation solutions that transform the healthcare industry by dramatically driving down costs while improving the level of care. By providing a single platform capable of streamlining dozens of systems and processes using real-time location and sensory data continuously collected throughout the enterprise, Intelligent InSites helps their clients gain visibility into their operations and make profound improvements in the area of resident safety, workflow optimization, asset and inventory management, and regulatory compliance. For more information, visit http://www.IntelligentInSites.com.
Intelligent InSites, Inc
102 Broadway, Suite #200
Fargo, ND 58102
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Joanna Wyganowska from 122.174.90.xxx
Article Taged as : real-time, location, solution, enables, retirement, community, elevate, standard, care, safety, provided, their, residents, http, www.intelligentinsites.com, real-time, location, solution, enables, retirement, community, elevate, standard, care, safety, provided, their, residents,
Article Viewed 6000 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Real-Time Location Solution Enables Retirement Community to Elevate the Standard of Care and Safety Provided to their Residents
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- Urban Green Energy Announces Fusion the Cleantech Solution for.New renewable wind and solar solution reduces operating costs for off-grid telecom towers and minimizes environmental footprint(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9209222.htm
- Superb New Wavelength Calibration Standard Released By NSG Precision.Customers demanded it, so NSG Precision Cells produced it. A spectrophotometer wavelength calibration standard that never needs to be replaced or recalibrated.(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9212395.htm
- Global permafrost zones in high resolution images on Google Earth Thawing permafrost will have far-reaching ramifications for populated areas, infrastructure and ecosystems. A geographer in Switzerland reveals where it is important to confront the issue based on new permafrost maps ...
- Two Local Residents Part Of Record Kidney Donation ChainA single good deed helped save the lives of 30 people. Two Chicago area residents are among 60 people who took part in the longest kidney transplant chain ever.
- Manpower Inc. Appoints Dustin Little as Director Permanent Placement Solutions Eastern U.S. Effective June 21, 2010, Dustin Little, a former Regional Permanent Placement Manager for the Southwest division, will be the Director of Permanent Placement Solutions for the Eastern U.S. focused on ...
- Collabera and Panopticon to Jointly Develop New Visual Data Analysis Solutions for Financial and Telecommunications Customers in US and UK The two organizations have signed a partnership agreement that will allow Collabera to embed Panopticon’s data visualization tools into its comprehensive data analysis and business intelligence solutions. (PRWeb Jun 22, ...
- Monmouth Vans Exclusive Dealer For New Wheelchair Safety Products The Bakk Flip & Lokk Up Wheelchair Restraint System is now available for purchase in the U.S. (PRWeb Jun 22, 2010)
Read the ...
- Summit Account Resolution Achieves a Perfect A plus BBB RatingNational collection agency earns a top rating from the Better Business Bureau (PRWeb Jun 21, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb4139124.htm
- National education standards not a federal takeover of public schools A big concern about proposed national education standards for grades K-12 is that they amount to a federal takeover of public schools. Not true. This plan originated from the states, ...
- LogMatrix Log Management Solution Easily Supports Customers Extreme Scalability and Data Retrieval Requirements Ability to capture and report on billions of events per day in real-time a key differentiator (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
Read the full ...