Fashion Week Day 5 Celebrity Fatigue
Marc Jacobs last night confirmed in his show what I've been suspecting all week: we are all sick and tired of celebrities. So instead of a glitterati-filled front row, Marc focused on turning out really beautiful clothes (I mean REALLY beautiful.) I remember when Fashion Week was in its infancy and it was all about the clothes. Then came Paris Hilton and her tiny dog and a million other almost famous boys and girls. Before you knew it, the front row became as important as the clothes themselves.
The way I knew that celebrity love at Fashion Week was nearing its end was at the Heart Truth show the other day when Kim Kardashian got the most applause (up against biggies like Heidi Klum and Jordin Sparks.) I later was with a friend who swore she was at the table next to us at Serendipity, I said it definitely wasn't Kim without taking a too-close look mostly because I didn't care (turns out it was her.) Oh, and further proof that celebs and fashion shows have reached the end of times: at Georges Chakra, Alex and Simon of 'Real Housewives of New York' animatedly discussing fashion (you know, just like any husband and wife would.....riiiiiggggght.)
But back to Marc Jacobs, who is definitely the one to watch during Fashion Week. His collection was grown-up and sophisticated and filled with the most wearable fabulous furs I've seen in ages. (Photo Credit: Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images)
Become a Women's Fashion Fan on Facebook
Follow Cynthia on Twitter
Fashion Week, Day 5: Celebrity Fatigue originally appeared on About.com Women's Fashion on Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 at 13:42:41.Permalink | Comment | Email this
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : fashion, week, celebrity, fatigue, http, fashion.about.com, 2010, fashion, week, celebrity, fatigue.htm, http, z.about.com, fashion, index.xml, fashion, fashion, week, celebrity, fatigue,
Article Viewed 2116 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
The Submitted XML Type application/xml and gathered so far 51371 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Fashion Week Day 5 Celebrity Fatigue
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- www.bjbead.com forecast 2010 International fashion Jewelry trend When the fashionable clothing returns the classics and brief the complicated and exaggeration fashion jewelry matching with the clothing to enhance the fashion greatly, this is the principle on watching ...
- 3 Day Blinds Launches New Line of Fashion Fabrics Window Treatments in 165 New Fashion Fabrics have been Released by 3 Day Blinds
Irvine, CA - March 17, 2010 â€" 3 Day Blinds, the leading retailer and manufacturer of window ...
- S/S 2010 Online Fashion Show unveils on Fibre2fashion Fibre2Fashion a premier portal for the apparel-textile and fashion industry launches the Spring-Summer 2010 Online Fashion Show, with great pleasure and pride. Presenting in the event are leading designers from ...
- Ayana Apparel Launches Fashionable Lines of Sun Protective Clothing Continuing to revolutionize the clothing industry, expanding brand, Ayana Apparel, has yet another line of stylish sun protective clothing ready for Spring and Summer of 2010.
Santa Monica, CA, March 16, ...
- Buy Fashion Jewelry and Bags at Wholesale Prices
Fashion bags and jewelry are two things which almost every woman living today fancies. When it comes to buying jewelry and handbags women often seek for brand, style, and exquisite pieces more ...
- Renram Fashions India Private Limited the launch of their Business Website. Renram Fashions India Private Limited, Bengaluru is delighted to announce the launch of its website http://www.indiamart.com/renramfashions/ that will be of tremendous value to our customers. The company, is one of ...
- Elegant Fashions, Uttam Nagar announces the launch of their Business Website.
Elegant Fashions, Uttam Nagar is delighted to announce the launch of its website http://www.indiamart.com/elegantfashions/ that will be of tremendous value to our customers. The company, is one of the most ...
- Tuha Fashion announces the launch of their Business Website. Tuha Fashion, New Delhi is delighted to announce the launch of its website http://www.indiamart.com/tuhafashion/ that will be of tremendous value to our customers. The company, is one of the most ...
- London Serenity To Team Up With DIBI For London Fashion Show London, England (March 10, 2010) - London Serenity, London's premier suppliers of mobile beauty therapy and massage services in London, announce that they will be using DIBI products for facials ...
- Fashion Edge announces the addition product category in their Business Website Fashion Edge, Bengaluru is delighted to announce its totally redesigned and updated website http://www.indiamart.com/fashionedge/ with the addition of some valuable pages encompassing its new product range. The new ...