Stendhal Gallery Announces Opening of Exhibition Map: Sceenprints 2006-2010 by Paula Scher â€śGrand Dame Of Designâ€ť at Chelsea, New York
Stendhal Gallery is pleased to present Paula Scher: Map Screenprints 2006-2010, the exhibition will open from February 4 â€' March 27 2010.
New York, NY, February 18, 2010 -- Stendhal Gallery is pleased to present Paula Scher: Map Screenprints 2006-2010, the exhibition will open from February 4 â€' March 27 2010. Scherâ€™s limited edition screenprints are created with the highest quality fine art screen-printing technique, each realized with the same hand-drawn elegance of her acrylic on canvas maps. These screenprints will last over 500 years and can be passed down for generations as highly collectible works of art. Executed in an array of remarkable 30 - 40 colors, meticulous attention to detail, these stunning works are sought after by fine art collectors all over the world. The Limited Edition Screenprints Maps Series is highly collectible and are an excellent way to build a contemporary art collection.
Stendhal Gallery is announcing the pre-publication of 3 new Paula Scher Limited Edition Maps Screenprints Israel, South America and The World II. Israel release date is in the Spring of 2010, South American in Summer 2010 and The World II in Fall 2010.
Made in collaboration with Andy Warholâ€™s master printer Alexander Heinrici, each screenprint is hand-printed on monumental Deluxe Lana Quarelle paper, hand-made in the Vosges region of France. The artist is involved in every step of the printing process, redrawing new plates in the same style as the master print makers throughout art history. Each Limited Edition Screenprint is inspected, signed, numbered and dated by the artist, and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Recently, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London has acquired NYC Transit for their permanent collection. In addition, two of her limited editions prints recently sold at Auction at Phillips de Pury & Company. Paula Scher has also been commissioned by the â€śPercent For Art Programâ€ť for the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs to paint two murals in the atriums of Metropolitan High School in Queens, a new public school building that houses four high schools. The murals will be installed for the opening of the school in the Fall 2010.
Paula Scher is a partner at Pentagram Design, Inc., where she has created identities for companies from the New York Public Theater to Citibank, among many others. Scherâ€™s work has been exhibited in the worldâ€™s leading museums including the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art and the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York. In addition, two of her limited editions prints recently sold at Auction at Phillips de Pury & Company. She has taught for over two decades at the School of Visual Arts, and held positions at Cooper Union, Yale University and the Tyler School of Art. In 2002, Princeton Architectural Press published her career monograph Make It Bigger. Scher is an active member of the Art Commission of the City of New York.
545 West 20th Street
New York, NY 10011
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Harry Stendhal from 122.174.165.xxx
Article Taged as : stendhal, gallery, announces, opening, exhibition, map:, sceenprints, 2006-2010, paula, scher, â€śgrand, dame, designâ€ť, chelsea,, york, http, www.stendhalgallery.com, stendhal, gallery, announces, opening, exhibition, map:, sceenprints, 2006-2010, paula, scher, â€śgrand, dame, designâ€ť, chelsea,, york,
Article Viewed 3644 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Stendhal Gallery Announces Opening of Exhibition Map: Sceenprints 2006-2010 by Paula Scher â€śGrand Dame Of Designâ€ť at Chelsea, New York
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- In Pipe Technology Announces Licensing Agreement Opportunities for.In-Pipe Technology develops licensing agreement packages to expand In-Pipe's green sewer collection system treatment to off-shore municipal markets.(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9207231.htm
- MuseGlobal and Efficens Announces Partnership
Further Expands Global. MuseGlobal, Inc. and Efficens Software Ltd. announced today that Efficens will resell in Israel MuseGlobal's Social Business Content Platform. The reseller agreement, which further expands...(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full ...
- MTNW Announces NSF Award to Retrofit US Coast Guard Icebreakers Healy.Measurement Technology NW brings modern winch instrumentation and monitoring to the US Coast Guard(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9209412.htm
- California Southern University Announces Availability of Bachelor of.New online degree program combines foundational criminal justice courses with cutting-edge curriculum.(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9209220.htm
- Urban Green Energy Announces Fusion the Cleantech Solution for.New renewable wind and solar solution reduces operating costs for off-grid telecom towers and minimizes environmental footprint(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9209222.htm
- Fantasy Movie Princess Gallery Everyone has a favorite fantasy movie or TV show. And inevitably there is a princess, queen, or empress who appears that steals your heart, takes your breath away, makes you ...
- Boston area Intellectual Property Firm Patents Etcetera Announces a.Patents Etcetera announces a novel fire-fighting device, the Grantham MechVent™, designed to minimize the possibility of flashover during a building fire.(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/firefighting/granthammechvent/prweb9189891.htm
- A2LA Announces Forensic DNA Testing and Databasing Pilot ProgramA2LA Pilot Program is being offered in the area of Forensic DNA Testing and Databasing(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9190081.htm
- Laser Nail Center Announces the Addition of a New Office Serving the. People suffering from nail fungus infection in Atlanta, Georgia now have a safe and effective treatment option using laser nail fungus removal at the Acworth, Georgia Laser Nail Center.(PRWeb February ...
- A2LA Announces Crime Scene Analysis Accreditation Pilot ProgramA2LA Pilot Program is being offered in the area of crime scene analysis(PRWeb February 17, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9206942.htm