Govt to urge total smoking ban in restaurants hotels
The Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry is set to urge all local governments to introduce a total ban on smoking in public places in principle to help prevent health hazards caused by secondhand smoke, sources said.
Having judged that the mere separation of smoking areas is not adequate to protect people from secondhand smoke, the ministry is believed to be seeking a total ban in schools, hospitals, restaurants and other public places.
The ban would also extend to theaters, department stores, private and public offices, stations, hotels and amusement facilities. Taxis and buses would also be included in the ban. (Yomiuri)
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : govt, urge, total, smoking, restaurants, hotels, http, www.yomiuri.co.jp, national, 20100219tdy01303.htm, http, www.newsonjapan.com, html, editorial, noj_feed.xml, newsonjapan.com, govt, urge, total, smoking, restaurants, hotels,
Article Viewed 1026 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
business and internet related news on japan
The Submitted XML Type text/xml and gathered so far 125980 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache/1.3.41 and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Govt to urge total smoking ban in restaurants hotels
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- Melting ice on Danube damages boats restaurants
AP AP - Giant chunks of melting ice broke free on the Danube River on Monday, crashing hundreds of boats into each other, sweeping away several barges and sinking one of ...
- Smoking significantly increases risk of aneurysm in people with certain genes For people who carry common gene variants, cigarette smoking greatly increases the risk that a blood vessel in the brain will weaken and balloon out -- called an aneurysm ...
- Hazards from secondhand smoke in bars and restaurantsNew research shows that concentrations of secondhand tobacco smoke inhaled in smoking rooms of restaurants and bars are exceptionally high and hazardous to health.
- AHN Researchers Clinical Trials Show Smoking Cannabis Might Help Treat Some Pain Related ConditionsClinical trials on cannabis found "reasonable evidence" that for patients with some pain-related medical conditions "cannabis is a promising treatment." - (AHN)
- Govt to urge total smoking ban in restaurants hotels The Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry is set to urge all local governments to introduce a total ban on smoking in public places in principle to help prevent health hazards ...
- Row in India over smoking Jesus image in textbooksThe Indian state of Meghalaya confiscates textbooks showing pictures of Jesus Christ holding a cigarette and a can of beer.
- Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Offer Great Savings Compared to Hotels After Super Bowl's TV commercial highlighting vacation rentals, and their great benefits versus hotels, many are discovering that renting vacation homes, condos, and cabins are more affordable than hotels. (PRWeb ...
- Washington DC Area Marriott Hotels Present a Wedding Showcase with Planning and Package Previews Washington, DC area Marriott Hotels will be hosting the Wedding Showcase on February 21st and 28th to preview packages and wedding reception sites in the city as well as in ...
- Vacation Rentals Versus Hotels Trends for South Carolinas Top Vacation Destinations by Lodging Directory Rentalo.com Comparison Shopping and Vacation Planning Trends for Travelers Visiting Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head Island, Isle of Palms, Kiawah Island, and Fripp Island (PRWeb Feb 18, 2010)
- New Website Promotes Downtown Indy and New Hotels as and SNO 145 The Place to Be A new website, www.theplacetobeindy.com, heralds a unique mix of three Marriott brand select service hotels that are bringing the latest hotel trends to downtown Indianapolis, including room service from T.G.I. ...