Parents File Lawsuit Over Webcams Used To Spy On Students
The parents of Blake Robbins, a student at Harriton High School in Rosemont, PA, have launched a class-action lawsuit against the Lower Merion School District, the Board of Directors of the school district, and the Superindent, as well. At issue: laptops that were given to students by the district, which can have their webcams activated remotely by school administrators, even when the student is at home or away from the computer.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : parents, file, lawsuit, over, webcams, used, students, http, www.topix.net, tech, 2010, parents, file, lawsuit, over, webcams, used, students, where, fromrss, http, rss.topix.net, tech, tech.xml, science, technology, topix.net, parents, file, lawsuit, over, webcams, used, students,
Article Viewed 910 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
science / technology - topix.net
news on science / technology from topix.net
The Submitted XML Type text/xml and gathered so far 73681 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Parents File Lawsuit Over Webcams Used To Spy On Students
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- Some CPS Students Tossing Out Healthy Lunch ItemsStudents in Chicago's Public Schools are eating healthier – if they're eating what's served at school. But some lunchroom personnel say the children are not.
- Full Sail University Faculty and Students Work on IMAX Film Hubble 3D Released Nationwide March 19 2010 Full Sail University (www.fullsail.edu) is proud to recognize James Neihouse, Cinematography and Lighting Full Sail instructor, who served as the Director of Photography and astronaut crew trainer who led a ...
- Lead America.org Hosts Summer Youth Leadership Conferences For High School StudentsNational youth leadership conferences teach teens how leadership skills aid in future careers (PRWeb Mar 4, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/future/careers/prweb3687324.htm
- R E P E A T Federal Budget Ignores Plight of Aboriginal Students Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- AHN Beyoncé Video Outfit Sparks Lawsuit From Bikini Designer fashion news and headlines from thousands of news sources worldwide, updated every 15 minutes. Student Hayley Morley stirred up a new flurry of excitement as she and a few fellow ...
- SeaWorld killer whale incident gives parents pauseThe 'killer whale' accident at SeaWorld Orlando has some parents questioning the value of bringing children to zoos and animal parks.
- College students today overconfident or just assured where Regardless they are our future.Those graduating from college soon will be in charge of our institutions. We should give these Millennials every support we can, despite their sense of entitlement.
- Google Buzz the target of class action California lawsuitGoogle Buzz hasn't exactly been a groundbreaking hit for Google. Now one woman is determined to stand up for Buzz users everywhere.
- Parents File Lawsuit Over Webcams Used To Spy On Students The parents of Blake Robbins, a student at Harriton High School in Rosemont, PA, have launched a class-action lawsuit against the Lower Merion School District, the Board of Directors of ...
- Labour leader stumps studentsA third of students in England and Scotland do not know Gordon Brown is the leader of the Labour Party, a survey finds.