Better prognosis markers for prostate cancer found
Measuring levels of the active form of the protein EGFR in the tumor and its vicinity can provide a more reliable prognosis for individuals with prostate cancer, according to new research.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : better, prognosis, markers, prostate, cancer, found, http, feeds.sciencedaily.com, sciencedaily, kvxvgruoiac, 100218092608.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, better, prognosis, markers, prostate, cancer, found,
Article Viewed 614 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Better prognosis markers for prostate cancer found
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- DNA robot targets cancer cellsResearchers show off a "robot" made of DNA molecules that can target cancer cells and release a payload of antibodies upon finding them.
- Devil killer cancer genome mappedResearchers have sequenced the genome of the killer disease that is driving the remaining wild population of Tasmanian devils towards extinction.
- Tasmanian devil cancer genome decoded Researchers, including several from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute near Cambridge, have sequenced the genome of a cancer that is threatening the existence of the Tasmanian devil. An...
- Jeffersons Kimmel Cancer Center Establishes Center to Eliminate. In an effort to reduce and eventually eliminate cancer disparities among adults in the Philadelphia region, the Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson has established the Center to Eliminate Cancer...(PRWeb February ...
- Telomere failure telomerase activation drive prostate cancer progression Genomic instability caused by an erosion of the protective caps on chromosomes, followed by activation of an enzyme that reinforces those caps, allows malignant cells to evade destruction and acquire ...
- Blocking telomerase kills cancer cells but provokes resistance progression Inhibiting telomerase, an enzyme that rescues malignant cells from destruction by extending the protective caps on the ends of chromosomes, kills tumor cells but also triggers resistance pathways that allow ...
- Traitorous immune cells promote sudden ovarian cancer progression In a new mouse model that mimics the tumor microenvironment of ovarian cancer, scientists have demonstrated that ovarian tumors don't necessarily break "free" of the immune system, rather dendritic cells ...
- Researchers develop better control for DNA based computationsA chemist has found a way to give DNA-based computing better control over logic operations. His work could lead to interfacing DNA-based computing with traditional silicon-based computing.
- Chicago Cancer Center Warned About Counterfeit Cancer DrugThe FDA is warning doctors across the country, including a facility in Chicago, about counterfeit vials of the cancer drug Avastin.
- Chicago Teen Using Laughs To Cope With CancerThey say laughter is the best medicine, and a Chicago father-son duo is really put that old adage to the test.