Predicting Vancouvers weather an unofficial Olympic event
Forecasting the fickle weather in Vancouver and Whistler is tough job even for locals. So far, the Olympic meteorologists are in gold medal standing.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : predicting, vancouvers, weather, unofficial, olympic, event, http, www.csmonitor.com, world, olympics, olympics, blog, 2010, 0218, predicting, vancouver, weather, unofficial, olympic, event, http, www.csmonitor.com, csm.rss, christian, science, monitor, stories, predicting, vancouvers, weather, unofficial, olympic, event,
Article Viewed 553 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
christian science monitor | all stories
all of today's stories from the christian science monitor
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 161166 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Predicting Vancouvers weather an unofficial Olympic event
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- SciFri Radio Weathercasters and Climate ChangeA recent survey of television weather forecasters found that many didn't accept the idea of global warming. Why not?
- Limits in predicting economys response to major policy changesThe analysis of academic economists will only go so far in predicting how the economy will respond to major policy changes.
- Predicting what people are about to say Researchers have made novel discoveries about the human ability to predict what other people are about to say. Their findings could have significant applications for educators, speech therapists, entrepreneurs, and ...
- New method for predicting and describing how materials break a new mathematical model describes the fracture process for materials such as glass, polymers, concrete, ceramics, metals, rocks, and even certain geological fractures. The simulation model is powerful enough to ...
- Consortium wins big weather prizeA Franco-German consortium will enter into negotiations for a 1.3bn-euro contract to build Europe's next weather satellites.
- Olympic flowers The story behind the bouquets given to medal winners in VancouverThere's a nice story behind the Olympic flower bouquets presented to medal winners at the 2010 Winter Games.
- Vancouver 2010 and partners donate dollor 300 000 to UNICEF to help rebuild Haiti
as part of Vancouver 2010 Olympic Truce Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- UN weather meeting agrees to refine climate data
AP AP - World weather agencies have agreed to collect more precise temperature data to improve climate change science, officials said Wednesday, as U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged environment ministers to ...
- Windows Powers The Olympics. Windows XP However Microsoft must be happy. Or at least, they are somewhat happy. All the PCs, Acer notebooks and desktops, that are being used by Olympic organizers are running Windows. Unfortunately, its ...
- Kim Yuna record score gives Vancouver Olympics their 6.0 momentKorean Kim Yuna won gold with a world-record score in women's figure skating at the Vancouver Olympics Thursday. She set a new standard for figure skating perfection.