Orange Bowl Commitee installs Tony Argiz as President and Chair for 2010-2011
MIAMI �' February 15, 2009 �' Tony Argiz, CEO and managing partner of Florida’s largest independent public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLP (MBAF), was recently installed as the 72nd President and Chair of the Orange Bowl Committee for the 2010-2011 term. Argiz, who previously served as Chair-Elect of the Orange Bowl Committee for 2009-2010, began his new role immediately following the installation ceremony on January 28th.
“I look forward to engaging my fellow members on The Orange Bowl Committee, which has been a tremendous economic partner to South Florida, bringing in thousands of fans that spend millions on an annual basis,” said Argiz. “Through the promotion of its annual events, the Orange Bowl Committee draws thousands of guests to hotels and restaurants in South Florida providing additional business opportunities during these tough economic times.”
A longtime business and community leader, Argiz is active in other civic and charitable organizations including the United Way of Miami-Dade, for which he was Chairman of the Board from 2007-2009. He has also served as past Chairman of the Miami Dade College Foundation, past Chairman of the Council of 100 at Florida International University, Executive Committee member of The Beacon Council, Chair of the Board of Trustees at Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart, and Board Member of AvMed Health Plans.
The Orange Bowl Committee was created in 1935. Its original mission was to generate tourism for Miami through an annual football game and supporting Festival. Since that time, the not-for-profit, 333-member, primarily-volunteer organization has expanded its reach beyond the city to become a foundation for the entire South Florida community. Most recently, the organization spearheaded a $2.5 million legacy gift initiative to refurbish a youth football stadium and facilities at Miami’s Moore Park, the predecessor of the Orange Bowl. Additionally, the Orange Bowl Committee contributes $700,000 annually to its youth football leagues.
MBAF is ranked in the top 50 accounting firms in the nation and is the largest independent Florida-based certified public accountant firm in the State. The firm has been ranked as “Best of the Best,” the list of the top 25 performing firms in the country, for 14 years. MBAF provides tax and accounting, audit, technology consulting and litigation support and business valuation services to entrepreneurs, wealthy individuals, private and public corporations and legal practitioners across a broad range of industries.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Tony Argiz from 122.170.38.xxx
Article Taged as : orange, bowl, commitee, installs, tony, argiz, president, chair, 2010-2011, http, www.mbafcpa.com, orange, bowl, commitee, installs, tony, argiz, president, chair, 2010-2011,
Article Viewed 2940 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Orange Bowl Commitee installs Tony Argiz as President and Chair for 2010-2011
Date Listed : Monday, February 15, 2010
Source : ,
- Olin College President Elected Member of the National Academy of.Richard K. Miller, president of Olin College of Engineering, is one of 66 newly elected members of the National Academy of Engineering.(PRWeb February 16, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9201182.htm
- Can the President Summon Anyone He Wants where
LiveScience.com LiveScience.com - As Commander in Chief of the United States military, the President
can summon any member of the military to his office. For example,
President Obama summoned Gen. Stanley ...
- Gulf oil spill Mr. President the problem isnt just MMSThe Gulf oil spill has focused attention on the Minerals Management Service (MMS). But President Obama's disregard of the environment is more important.
- LS9 Wins Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge AwardRenewable Petroleum™ technology efficiently converts renewable raw materials into low-carbon fuels and chemicals (PRWeb Jun 21, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Renewable_Petroleum/Green_Chemistry/prweb4167074.htm
- Pakistans President Zardari closer to losing powers Pakistan's President Zardari could soon cede several of his powers to the prime minister, after a parliamentary committee approved a long-negotiated draft bill to that effect late Wednesday. It is ...
- President Bashirs chief rival boycotts Sudan election Sudan's leading opposition party candidate Yasir Arman pulled out of the Sudan April 11 election today, citing concerns of voter fraud and insecurity in the Darfur region.
- Central American Parliament wonders whos the legitimate president of Honduras where The turmoil surrounding last years ouster of Honduras President Manuel Zelaya has mostly died down. But the Central American Parliament is considering giving him a seat at the table over ...
- Orange corn holds promise for reducing blindness child death WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Decreasing or increasing the function of a newly discovered gene in corn may increase vitamin A content and have significant implications for reducing childhood blindness and...
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy reshuffles cabinet after election drubbing French President Nicolas Sarkozy started to reshuffle his cabinet Monday after a resurgent left beat his center-right party in regional voting. The losses have some questioning Sarkozy's shot at reelection ...
- Copper Ridge Explorations Inc. Presidents Update Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...