Danvers, MA builds out the smart grid with NorthStar Utilities Solutions' MeterSense
(1888PressRelease) Danvers, MA has selected NorthStar Utilities Solutions' MeterSense meter data management software as part of their Smart Grid Investment Grant. Danvers team will leverage MeterSense's meter data management capabilities to import, validate and analyze electric and water/sewer grid data, and deliver timely and accurate billing information to its Customer Information System.
OTTAWA, ON - The Town of Danvers, MA has chosen NorthStar Utilities Solutions' MeterSense application as the key component of their $16.9 million funded Smart Grid Investment Grant (SGIG) project.
During the initial phase of this project, the Danvers team will leverage MeterSense's meter data management capabilities to import, validate and analyze electric and water/sewer grid data, and deliver timely and accurate billing information to its Customer Information System. In the later stages of the project, Danvers will take advantage of MeterSense's capabilities in two remarkable ways: enable its customers to view and study their usage habits online, and to optimize ways in which the utility delivers power and water.
Already, Danvers is investing in important smart grid components such as new customer service and electric distribution systems, and advanced metering infrastructure. MeterSense will enable the Danvers team to collect, store and analyze the new data these components gather, and distribute these data to other systems.
'Our goal for our new smart grid is to reduce losses, enhance our ability to serve our customers, and extend the capabilities of our existing infrastructure,' says Peter Korpusik, Business Office Manager with the Town of Danvers. 'MeterSense will enable us to manage demand far more efficiently, and we project that this improvement means we can defer a costly main substation upgrade.'
Danvers selected MeterSense not only because of the product's ability to provide a robust, flexible and auditable data repository for smart distribution grid information, but also because of its ability to integrate seamlessly with customer information system applications.
'MeterSense is a great fit for an advanced smart grid vision such as Danvers',' says Rob DiMurro, NorthStar Utilities Solutions' General Manager. 'Because MeterSense can help utilities leverage returns on their SGIG investments quickly, we recommend MeterSense as a key component of any utility's immediate project plans.'
Learn more about MeterSense
MeterSense will be on display at two of the North American utility industry's premier trade shows: TechAdvantage in Atlanta, February 12-15 and Metering, Billing/MDM America in San Diego, March 7 -10.
Visit us to learn more about how MeterSense can help utilities turn their smart grid visions into realities.
About NorthStar Utilities Solutions
NorthStar has served the utility market for more than 30 years. We deliver integrated solutions for utilities' billing, customer information, and financial and meter data management needs. More than 200 customers in North America and the Caribbean use NorthStar solutions to manage revenues, deliver superior customer service, improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
For more information on NorthStar Utilities Solutions and the NorthStar product suite, please visit http://www.northstarutilities.com.
MeterSense - Enabling The Smart Grid
For additional information contact:
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
NorthStar Utilities Solutions
A division of Harris Computer Systems
256-686-1278 or 256-642-6368
khayes @ northstarutilities.com
sales @ northstarutilities.com
Harris is a leading provider of utility customer information systems (CIS), billing, financial management, and meter data management software solutions. Since 1976, Harris has focused on providing feature-rich and robust turnkey solutions to public power and water markets as well as all levels of local government throughout North America. Harris' focus is on creating long-term relationships with our customers and ensuring that we meet the changing needs of our customers over time.
For further information on Harris Computer Systems and NorthStar please visit our website at
http://www.harriscomputer.com, or call 888-847-7747 x 3183.
http://www.1888pressrelease.com/ mdm/ energy-portal/ danvers-ma-builds-out-the-smart-grid-with-northstar-utiliti-pr-184873.html
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
1888pressrelease from 121.247.195.xxx
Article Taged as : danvers,, builds, smart, grid, with, northstar, utilities, solutions', metersense, http, www.northstarutilities.com, danvers,, builds, smart, grid, with, northstar, utilities, solutions', metersense,
Article Viewed 4649 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Danvers, MA builds out the smart grid with NorthStar Utilities Solutions' MeterSense
Date Listed : Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Source : ,
- Obama builds on Bush success to help the homeless The Bush administration focused mainly on the chronically homeless, whose numbers have dropped 30 percent since 2006. An Obama plan wisely builds on that foundation to help more of the ...
- Former prisoner of North Korea builds university for his former captors On a Korean War battlefield in 1950, the young, patriotic Kim Chin-kyung, then just 15, lay limp on the ground, wounded by shrapnel. In the months leading up to that ...
- Main Street Homes Now Builds New Homes in Rountrey a Premier Sowers Master Planned New Home Community in Chesterfield County Main Street Homes is now building new homes in Rountrey- a premier Sowers Master Planned New Home Community in Chesterfield County. For more information on Rountrey and Main Street ...
- Oracle builds big lead in Americas Cup VALENCIA, Spain (Reuters) - U.S. challengers BMW Oracle built a commanding lead in the second race of the 33rd America's Cup on Sunday and were on the brink of taking ...
- MicroPlanet Delivers Next Generation Technology for Utilities Press releases distributed via CNW Group. About half of Canadian CEOs plan to increase workforce in 2010 TORONTO, Jan. 27 /CNW/ - With their worst ...
- Research from Best Employers in Canada Study Builds Business Case for
Investment in Corporate Social ResponsibilityPress releases distributed via CNW Group. VANCOUVER, Jan. 25 /CNW/ - The following issues have been halted by Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC):
- Torture boys report row buildsConservative leader David Cameron once again calls for a report into the Edlington torture case to be published in full.
- Bossip.com Redesign Builds on Strong Audience Momentum High Profile Praise from Black Enterprise Yahoo Bossip.com traffic up 100% year-to-year; Expanded content offerings, video, and social media tap into latest Web trends;Moguldom Media Group’s HipHopWired.com hits two million pageviews in third month (PRWeb Jan 4, ...
- SOUTH SUDAN Tension Builds as Peace Agreement Marks Anniversary JUBA, South Sudan, Jan 19 (IPS) - Sudan is at a crossroads. Its future looks grim.
"Only a miracle can save it from disintegrating. The signs
are already on the ...
- Kim Jong Il builds hideout near ChinaNorth Korea's Kim Jong Il has built a military command center in a hollowed out mountain beneath a palace near the Chinese border, military analysts say.