South African Banking Sector Analysis
South African banking sector is well-developed and highly liberalized. It is one of the largest and most deregulated sectors within the emerging markets. The sector is experiencing significant growth, defying the global economic slowdown. The banking assets grew at a CAGR of around 19% between 2002 and 2008, far higher than witnessed by the global banking industry, says “South African Banking Sector Analysis”, a recent report by RNCOS.
Our findings show that the South African banks have largely been protected from the direct effects of the global financial crisis. Domestic banks did not invest heavily in high-risk securities or complex instruments, and have maintained a traditional and relatively conservative banking model. They have maintained high lending standards and enjoyed high profitability for a number of years. With low levels of foreign funding, the banks have limited activity outside the African continent.
We have also found that future of the banking sector lies mainly in personal banking (especially the lower end of the market) and the small and medium-sized business sector. The banks need to focus more on expansion in the domestic economy in the coming years. Given the recent boom in mobile phones and internet accessibility, another key area for growth will be the telephone and internet banking.
Our report “South African Banking Sector Analysis” provides detailed analysis of the banking sector in South Africa. It gives deep insight into each of the banking parameters like assets, loans, deposits and payment instruments. Most importantly, the report gives future outlook for each of the important industry aspects (assets, loans, deposits etc) considering the effects of the global economic crisis on base drivers, opportunities and challenges faced by the banking sector.
Additionally, the report contains detailed information of key industry players (both domestic and foreign), their business strategies and their market share. The key players discussed are ABSA Group Limited, FirstRand Limited, Nedbank Group Limited, Investec Limited, Citibank N.A., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Deutsche Bank and ABN AMRO Holding N.V.
For FREE SAMPLE of this report visit: http://www.rncos.com/ Report/ IM080.htm
Check DISCOUNTED REPORTS on: http://www.rncos.com
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. We are a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. We provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
RNCOS E-Services Pvt. Ltd. from 122.160.147.xxx
Article Taged as : south, african, banking, sector, analysis, http, www.rncos.com, south, african, banking, sector, analysis,
Article Viewed 3195 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : South African Banking Sector Analysis
Date Listed : Monday, February 08, 2010
Source : ,
- China Insurance Sector Forecast to 2013 China’s insurance industry is one of the fastest growing insurance industries on the globe. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 28-30% during 2009-2013. While most of countries ...
- The 100 top grossing enterprises in Chinas electric motor manufacturing industry: comparative analysis and development strategy The electric motor industry in China is growing. This is no surprise. According to one well-regarded methodology, the level of a countrys economic development can be assessed by the number ...
- Egypt Banking Sector Analysis When all the major economies of the world have been adversely hit by the financial crisis, the banking industry in Egypt remains largely stable, reflecting its relative isolation from and ...
- The Most Up-to-date Review of the Most Sweeping Overhaul of Financial Regulation at Banking Forum Financial Services Regulation Proposals to be Dissected at GoldenNetworking.com's Banking Leaders Forum 2010 in Washington DC
New York, NY, March 18, 2010 -- GoldenNetworking.com's Banking Leaders Forum 2010, “Discerning the New ...
- Smart Grid Market Outlook: Market and Technological Trends, Competitive Analysis, Major Deals and Investments The development of global smart grid market was led by the US and the European Union (EU) in 2009. The US emerged as the top smart grid destination in 2009. ...
- Global WiMAX Market Analysis World Interoperability for Microwave Access or WiMAX, has been gaining a lot of attention as a wireless broadband alternative, as it provides reliable, secure and high quality broadband access for ...
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 The global idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) market was valued at $84m in 2009. It is expected to increase with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.1% from $84m in ...
- Huntington's Disease - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 The global Huntington’s disease (HD) market was worth $243m in 2009. The market is expected to grow by 17.4% during the next seven years to reach $748m by 2016. Earlier, ...
- Point of Care Diagnostic Testing Sector Trends ----Aarkstore Enterprise The purpose of this TriMark Publications report is to describe the sector trends within the point of care testing (POCT) diagnostic market. It examines those measurement devices and their reagents ...
- Atherosclerosis Or Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 The coronary artery disease (CAD) market is a highly competitive market and is expected to become more competitive until 2016. Three major patent expiries are expected during the forecast period, ...