Samsung Turns on Tomorrow Showcasing the Future of Home Entertainment at CES 2010
Samsung Electronics a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, announced its latest range of technologies today at the companyâ€™s International Consumer Electronics Show press conference. Showcasing its new 3D device lineup Samsung unveiled the future of home entertainment.
Sydneyâ€'February 5, 2010 â€' In recognition of its innovations, the Consumer Electronics Association awarded Samsung this year with 23 prestigious CES 2010 Innovation Awards including three Best of Innovations: three eco-design honours, three LED back-lit HDTVs, one Plasma HDTV, three Blu-ray players, one home theatre system, two digital audio players, two digital cameras, one refrigerator, six mobile phones and one monitor for multi display.
Samsungâ€™s current industry strength and leadership, as demonstrated across product lines such as television, position the company for bold growth. Forging its way to strong economic recovery with undeniable innovation, Samsung also highlighted its plans to reach global revenues of $400 billion by 2020.
â€śAt this yearâ€™s International CES, we are unveiling the future of home entertainment, starting with our innovative approach to 3D,â€ť said Mark Leathan, head of consumer electronics marketing at Samsung Electronics Australia. â€śIn addition, our groundbreaking new products in other categories such as, notebooks and cameras, will continue to drive growth across all market segments for Samsung both locally and on a global basis.â€ť
Creating the Future of Home Entertainment
With 3D being the game-changing home entertainment technology of 2010, Samsung will continue to raise the bar and propel 3D forward with an extensive line-up of 3D-capable home entertainment products. Samsung will deliver a complete home entertainment solution with an advanced 3D television, sophisticated 3D Blu-ray player and stylish active shutter 3D glasses giving consumers the ultimate 3D experience in their own living room.
The full 3D product lineup includes the LED 9000, LED 8000 and LED 7000 as well as LCD and plasma televisions and a Blu-ray player. These all are compatible with multiple 3D standards including half and full HD resolution formats, as well as the Blu-ray Disc Association ratified â€śBlu-ray 3Dâ€ť standard giving consumers peace of mind knowing that all their 3D devices will work perfectly together. Samsungâ€™s custom-designed 3D chip from its semiconductor division means it can deliver the industryâ€™s best 3D image quality. .
Samsungâ€™s flagship 9000 series is the worldâ€™s slimmest fully integrated LED back-lit TV making it Samsungâ€™s most impressive HDTV to date. With a premium touch-screen remote control and built-in 3D technology, the 9000 series provides jaw-dropping home theatre picture quality and connectivity providing a rich cinematic experience at home.
Following on the heels of the popular â€śBordeauxâ€ť and â€śCrystal TV designâ€ť crystal concepts from past years, Samsung revealed its latest design direction, the â€śDesign Inspired by Natureâ€ť theme, which catches light and changes colours depending on the viewing angle. This new theme will be coming to Samsung LED TVs, Blu-ray players and home theatres this year.
Samsung, with its commitment to embrace the ever changing world presented new additions to its extensive lineup of LED TVs with models that have a built-in 3D processor, connected interactive experiences and state of the art design. These additions are part of Samsungâ€™s promise to bring the future of television to the consumer today by offering faster access to meaningful innovations.
Samsung also continues to offer choice to customers, with its variety of LCD and Plasma HDTVs. The newly announced 750 and 650 LCD Series include enhanced picture quality and advanced connectivity. The 750 Series also features built-in 3D technology to make images leap off the screen so you can feel part of the action. With DLNA networking capabilities and new Crystal TV designs, these HDTVs raise the bar of excellence in their respective categories when it comes to picture quality, design and multi-media connectivity.
A new portfolio of ultra-slim Plasma HDTVs arrives with the 8000, 7000 and 6500 Series. Each provides technologies to deliver superior picture quality all in a slim form factor that is just over an inch thick meaning consumers never need to compromise design over experience.
The latest lineup of Blu-ray Players from Samsung makes its appearance at CES. Among them is the winner of the â€śCES Best of Innovations 2010â€ť award, the BD-C6900, featuring built-in 3D playback and supporting the new 3D Blu-ray standard. The BD-C7500 offers the slimmest
Blu-ray player to date, with a nature-inspired, contemporary form factor. The BD-C6500 combines performance and speed and the entry-level BD-C5500 delivers an eco design. Recognising demand for variety, this new range provides the consumer with choice to ensure that whatever their home entertainment needs are Samsung can offer a Blu-ray Player to meet those needs.
In addition, Samsung unveiled the next-generation Blu-ray Home Theater Systems; the HT-C6730W, which also received the â€śBest of Innovations 2010â€ť award, the HT-C7530W and the HT-C6500. All three models introduce a new retro, no-grill speaker design and Samsungâ€™s newly-introduced immersive Crystal Amplifier Pro technology, which ensures accurate sound reproduction and minimal noise interference. So why go to the cinema when you can bring the cinema to you!
Samsung Digital Imaging Leadership
Samsung announced the Samsung NX10 â€' an innovative digital camera that provides users with optimum image quality in a sleek, compact body enabling consumers to be as creative as they want with a camera they can take with them everywhere they go. The NX10 incorporates a fast and decisive auto focus (AF) to give ultimate performance, 14.6 MP APS-C size CMOS sensor to give brilliant image quality and unique, large 3.0â€ť AMOLED (active matrix organic light-emitting diode) screen, allowing users to easily view their images, even in bright sunlight. When finished taking photos, users can continue to tell their stories in video format with high definition movie recording that uses H.264 codec for easy transfer and viewing capability.
Continuing on the theme of capturing lifeâ€™s precious memories, Samsung unveiled its S16 camcorder that has crystal clear, movie-quality footage through 1080i recording, 1080p output, Smart O.I.S., and a 10 megapixel BSI CMOS image sensor. A built-in Samsung solid state drive ensures the budding filmmaker has ultra-high capacity storage to capture hours of quality footage ensuring none of the action is missed. A 3.5-inch touch LCD expands their view of the world. Through DLNA support, S16 users can, for the first time, stream full HD video right to their Samsung HDTVs over Wi-Fi - an industry breakthrough in connectivity
Samsung also introduced the ST5500/5000 digital camera at CES moulded using hydro-forming technology to deliver an ergonomic and elegant design. In addition, the ST5500 allows consumers to share their video and photos on the go without being tethered to their laptops or home PCs thanks to its wireless connectivity options, which include Bluetooth 2.0, Wi-Fi and DLNA. It also has a 3.7-inch WVGA ultra-large AMOLED display and a fully interactive touch screen.
Samsung Display and Information Technology Innovations
Samsung has rolled out amazing breakthroughs for the workplace and every corner of the home with a wide range of stylish, robust notebooks and netbooks to suit all needs.
Samsung unveiled the extension of its R-Series range of notebooks with four ultra-stylish new models â€' the powerful R780 and R580 and the stylish R530 and R430. All four models come in Samsungâ€™s renowned crystal finish, with a sleek and chic design and a choice of patterns meaning you can match your notebook to your personality. Simple ergonomic design, such as the numeric keypad on the R780 and R580, enable a more convenient and enjoyable experience which is especially important as more of us are using portable devices to fit into our busy, modern lifestyles. Whether youâ€™re using it on a train, in the classroom or as a substitute for a home computer, the new range of R-Series notebooks will suit every lifestyle.
In addition, Samsung today launched the latest additions to its award-winning range of netbooks, the Samsung N210, N220 and N150. Designed to provide maximum personal freedom, the N210 and N220 deliver up to 12 hours* of battery life, while the N150 keeps on going for up to 8.5 hours*. The N210, N220 and N150 also have several display features that enhance the visual experience. The new netbooksâ€™ 10.1' LED back-lit anti-reflective display fine-tunes movies and images with the sharpest details and boldest colors, with no mirror effect under bright lights or in sunny weather giving you all the portable advantages a netbook offers while not compromising image quality.
Samsungâ€™s product portfolio will be displayed between January 7th and 10th at CES. For those not attending full details, video content and product images are available at http://www.samsung.com/ newsroom.
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact:
Weber Shandwick for Samsung
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2008 consolidated sales of US$96 billion. Employing approximately 164,600 people in 179 offices across 61 countries, the company consists of seven independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Semiconductor and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com.au.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Weber Shandwick from 122.168.132.xxx
Article Taged as : samsung, turns, tomorrow, showcasing, future, home, entertainment, 2010, http, www.samsung.com, samsung, turns, tomorrow, showcasing, future, home, entertainment, 2010,
Article Viewed 10670 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Samsung Turns on Tomorrow Showcasing the Future of Home Entertainment at CES 2010
Date Listed : Friday, February 05, 2010
Source : ,
- Indian Astrology: Its Glorious Past Has Bestowed It with a Great Future Indian astrology and the Indian astrologers have a great glorious past. Itâ€™s is popularly called Jyotisha, however in the western countries it is popular by the name of Vedic ...
- The Future and Challenges of High-Frequency Trading at GoldenNetworking.com's Alternative Investments Conference Top Hedge Fund Managers and Investors Joining GoldenNetworking.com's Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010, March 18th, DLA Piper, New York City
New York, NY, March 15, 2010 -- GoldenNetworking.com's Hedge Funds Leaders ...
- PeopleChecking Comment On Future HR Responsibility, Post Recession United Kingdom (March 10, 2010) - PeopleChecking, a service dedicated to offering employee background checks and employment screening services, comment on the increased recruitment responsibilities many company's human resources departments ...
- Online youtube movies video for next entertainment. Most entertainment website topfilmi.com announced today new features for online music video lovers. Topfilmi.com has released Free youtube movies that lets you take control of the videos that you enjoy ...
- Industry Leaders gather together in Cambridge to plan the future of wireless 11th March 2010, Cambridge, UK â€"The Future of Wireless International Conference, a two day high-profile event to be held in Cambridge on 29th & 30th June 2010, brings together from ...
- The Future of the Home Healthcare Equipment Market to 2016 - Market Forecasts, Competitive Landscape and Pipeline Analysis The global home healthcare market is forecast to grow to $20,520.4m by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) rate of 4.1% in 20092016. The global home healthcare market ...
- Healthcare IT: The Market Poised for Strong Growth in Future The global healthcare IT market was valued at $11.3 billion in 2009 and is forecast to grow by 12.4% annually for the next seven years to reach $25.6 billion by ...
- A great source of entertainment - Online Bingo Games Playing is not just for kids and teenagers, but for adults due to perfectly who have a need to relax and unwind from a backbreaking dayâ€™s flurry. Playing free online ...
- NetEdge Computing Solutions to launch Resource Datamine; its masterpiece of interview scheduling software for present and future global customers! India, March 9, 2010- Known for its advanced and sophisticated product and services; NetEdge Computing Solutions Pvt. Ltd, today declared its idea of providing its highly efficient and effective interview ...
- oomph! Unlimited LLCâ€™s premieres â€śThe Surgical Tool of the Futureâ€ť on www.oomphtv.com Glendale, CA ( Newsalbum ) March 8, 2010 - The original webisode â€śSurgical Tool of the Futureâ€ť features Dr. Deanna Attai, a board certified surgeon and highly regarded womenâ€™s health ...