ABS-CBN Philippines Expands with Masstech
Manila, Philippines â€' February 02, 2010
Masstech Group announced today that ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation, the Philippineâ€™s leading media and entertainment company, has selected Masstech Groupâ€™s MassStoreÂ® news archiving solution. Less than a year since installing their first MassStoreÂ®, ABS-CBN has invested in a second Masstech system. Dedicated to their busy news department, the new MassStoreÂ® interfaces with Avid iNEWS and Interplay ISIS production, for sophisticated archiving and federated asset management.
â€śMasstech is central to our file-based workflows and we had no doubts about going with them again for our digital newsroom archiving. We recognized that file based media management needs to bring our whole facility together linking our news studios, post production, library archives and broadcast playout operations,â€ť said Patrick Ongchangco, Engineering Manager at ABS-CBN Manila.
ABS-CBN use Masstech in their broadcast operations center to interface to their Avid Interplay ISIS, Seachange servers, EVS servers and a Dalet system. MassStoreÂ® performs asset management, HSM control of a Spectra T950 data library and multi-format transcoding. The new system will be dedicated to their extensive news operations to seamlessly integrate their news production system.
â€śWhen customers expand and purchase more equipment from a vendor it is a huge vote of confidence,â€ť commented Brad Redwood, Vice President APAC/India/Middle East, Masstech Group. â€śThe real value of our solution at ABS-CBN is MassStoreâ€™s seamless integration to the Avid Interplay ISIS, which provides archiving and content management from the Interplay environment. This workflow delivers real efficiencies to our customers.â€ť
The system consists of a MassStoreÂ®, a controlled Cache and a Spectra T950 data library with a dedicated partition. MassStoreÂ® connected to ABS-CBN's news room provides permanent archiving, quick restores, partial file extraction and transcoding. Multiple DV25QT files can be transferred simultaneously over the GigE connection to MassStore. Integrating transparently to Avid Interplay, MassStoreÂ® takes full advantage of Interplay archiving workflows and also federates content movement between the news library and the production environment. MassStoreÂ® automatically performs in-line transcoding from DVCPRO to DV or vice-versa based on the materialâ€™s destination. Although it is not required in the ABS-CBN configuration, MassStoreÂ® also has the ability to support News Room Control System (NRCS) Media Object Server (MOS) enabled interfaces.
â€śWe are very excited about ABS-CBN's decision to go with Masstech for their News Archive solution. Our next generation MassStoreÂ® is a powerful tool that consolidates preparation, production and playout operations,â€ť commented Joe French, CEO/President, Masstech Group. â€śWeâ€™re committed to delivering the highest standard product line to our customers, and because we have the complete ownership of technology, broadcasters can benefit on multiple levels from our solution: from reduced operational expenditures to building faster and more efficient file-based workflows.â€ť
Manila based systems integrator Industrial Electro-Communications, Inc. worked closely with Masstech and ABS-CBN, and with their understanding of the advanced technology needed for file based systems facilitated the planning and business aspects of the project.
About Masstech Group
Masstech Group is the global leader in providing a comprehensive solution that bridges advanced file-based workflows of broadcast transmission and production, media format transformation and flexible storage integration. Driven by innovation and dedicated to customer success, today Masstech helps more than 300 clients worldwide optimize production and distribution processes, capitalize on business opportunities and grow cost effectively without limits. Masstech Group. Experience Matters.
For more information visit http://www.masstech.com
ABS-CBN is the largest integrated media and entertainment company in the Philippines with an asset base of Php24 billion (USD503 million). The company is principally involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as the production of television programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. The company operates in three major geographical areas. In the Philippines, the company is involved in broadcasting, cable operation and other businesses. In the United States and other locations (Middle East, Europe, Japan, Australia, and Asia Pacific), the company operates its cable and satellite operations to bring television programming outside the Philippines. The companyâ€™s activities outside the Philippines represent approximately 25%, 23% and 20% of total revenues in 2006, 2005, and 2004, respectively. Average audience share is 36% in Mega Manila and 38% in Metro Manila. A new ratings measurement, reflecting national performance, shows that ABS-CBN is the undisputed leader in television viewing in the country â€' 47% audience share versus 35% for the nearest competitor. The Companyâ€™s congressional franchise, Republic Act No. 7966, which allows the Company to operate television and radio stations, was renewed on March 30, 1995 for 25 years.
For more information visit: http://www.abs-cbn.com/ Default.aspx
About Avid Technology Inc.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world â€' from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avidâ€™s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid Unity, Interplay, Oxygen 8, SibeliusÂ® and Pinnacle Studioâ„˘. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit http://www.avid.com/
Â© 2010 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid Logo, Avid Active, Avid Unity, Airspeed, D-Control, Deko, DekoCast, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, NewsCutter, Nitris, Pinnacle Studio, Post Deko, Pro Tools, Sibelius and Symphony are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of Interplay Entertainment Corp., which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Industrial Electro-Communications, Inc.
Industrial Electro-Communications, Inc. (IECI) is well placed at the forefront of the systems integration technology, providing reliable and high-quality products and services to the Telecommunications, Broadcast and Power Utility Industries. IECI maintains this vantage role by ensuring a technological edge in all of the product areas they are covering.
*Patent Pending. All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Karolin Belashkin from 207.35.210.xxx
Article Taged as : abs-cbn, philippines, expands, with, masstech, http, www.masstech.com, abs-cbn, philippines, expands, with, masstech,
Article Viewed 7447 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : ABS-CBN Philippines Expands with Masstech
Date Listed : Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Source : ,
- MuseGlobal and Efficens Announces Partnership
Further Expands Global. MuseGlobal, Inc. and Efficens Software Ltd. announced today that Efficens will resell in Israel MuseGlobal's Social Business Content Platform. The reseller agreement, which further expands...(PRWeb February 21, 2012)Read the full ...
- Michelle Obama expands the White House garden Last year's White House garden wasn't big enough, Michelle Obama decided. So she expanded it this year. Already, the first lady and schoolchildren have begun planting vegetables in the popular ...
- Laminating Company of America Composites Expands Their Product Offerings Laminating Company of America Composites expands their product offering with a new ballistic hybrid NIJ Level IIIA multi-layered composite for use with ballistic shields and body armor. Its low cost ...
- New healthcare bill pros and cons It expands benefits now cuts them laterThe new healthcare bill expands the federal budget's commitment through 2019, then decreases it for the following decade.
- My1Stop.com Expands Into Medical Wristbands Market with Patented LaserBand® Printable Wristbands www.My1Stop.com enters the printable medical wristbands market with line of ready-to-ship LaserBand® products that can be instantly priced and ordered online and offline. (PRWeb Feb 25, 2010)
- The Philippines triples its rice yieldIn the last 50 years, the Philippines has more than tripled its rice yield, while the world average rice yield has increased only about 2.3 times.
- DigitalGlobe Expands Distributor Relationship with Spatial Energy to Include WorldView 2 Imagery Spatial Energy extends offerings as the Preferred Provider to the Oil and Gas Industry with DigitalGlobe’s Most Recent High-Resolution, Remote-Sensing Satellite (PRWeb Feb 18, 2010)
- Winshuttle Expands Into Germany Through Acquisition of A1 Professional SoftwareGerman Office Enhances SAP Users’ Access to Excel-based Business Process Improvement Solutions (PRWeb Feb 16, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/WinshuttleAcquires/A1Professional/prweb3602094.htm
- PreVisor Expands Global Footprint with New Distributor in Latin AmericaKey partnership with Human Talent Technologies paves way for talent measurement sector growth (PRWeb Feb 18, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3620034.htm
- Helpline Expands to Meet the Need of an Aging Population Licensing Use of the Caregivers Resource Helpline™ of Houston Low-tech use of telephone breaks through Internet traffic to empower caregivers with practical how-to information, emotional reassurance and connection to local trusted eldercare businesses. (PRWeb Feb 17, 2010)