Wedding Bands in London Report Rise in Big Number First Dance Requests
The influence of TV programmes such as Strictly Come Dancing appears to have inspired brides and grooms who are taking the first dance very seriously indeed.
London UK, January 29, 2010 -- Wedding bands in London and the rest of the south of England in particular are surprisingly a close knit community with many amateur and professional musicians knowing of each others work and style. When paths meet musicians like to talk about current trends and compare playlists and evesdropping on such meetings provide a very interesting insight into the working musicians life.
The main subject coming up for discussion at the moment on the London wedding band grape vine is the first dance! Since You tube has become a worldwide phenomenon it has changed how a bride and groom approach their first dance! For years they would take to the floor, slightly reluctantly, slightly self consciously and do a desultory shuffle around the floor for two and a half minutes whilst their guests looked on in a bored manner wishing they hadn't been dragged away from the bar.
Not now! Now the bride and groom spend weeks in a sweaty London dance studio being drilled by a bossy dance coach who puts them through a series of ever increasingly complicated moves. Come the night of the dance they are pumped up like Olympic athletes, some slightly the worse for drink. Focused and ready to compete, they take up position, usually at opposite diagonal corners of the room, the London wedding band poised. The crowd circle round the participants, camcorders and mobile phones at the ready and then the fun begins.
Ask any musician who plays in a wedding band in London and they will tell you that the opportunity for amusement has increased tenfold since the start of the You tube revolution. “The desultory shuffle had little to offer” Jeff Williams remarks “Now we have these big production numbers it is hard to keep your eyes on the music because you want to see the action so much! Some of the routines are flawless, shame, but some of them go awry and get out of hand. These are the ones the wedding band enjoys! “Its like the early rounds of Strictly Come Dancing” says Jeff, before too much practice and training has been achieved. Long may it last.
For further information about wedding bans in London visit http://www.jazznotjazz.co.uk/ wedding.asp.
PO Box 84
Devon PL21 9WS
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Andy Maclean from 122.174.105.xxx
Article Taged as : wedding, bands, london, report, rise, number, first, dance, requests, http, www.jazznotjazz.co.uk, wedding.asp, wedding, bands, london, report, rise, number, first, dance, requests,
Article Viewed 2808 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Wedding Bands in London Report Rise in Big Number First Dance Requests
Date Listed : Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Source : ,
- White whales in renewables reportBeluga whales are among rare species recorded at, or near to, proposed sites for marine renewables, according to a new report.
- Sharon Kleyne Reports on Eye Misting an Entirely New Approach to Dry.Dry Eye and Tear Film Discoveries from Sharon Kleyne, founder of Bio-Logic Aqua Research, offer all-natural all-water eye hydration.(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9208861.htm
- Latest StrutPatent.com Report Lists Top Trends for Patents Issued on. The latest report from StrutPatent.com reveals the top trends for U.S. patents issued on February 14, 2012 by the USPTO. The new report includes details on the most popular patent ...
- UN climate panel names authors for 5th report
AP AP - The U.N. science body on climate change has released a list of 831 scientists who will write its fifth report on global warming.
- Swedish oil company under scrutiny after Sudan war crimes report An official investigation has been launched after a report alleging Sudan war crimes by Swedish firm Lundin Petroleum. The Swedish foreign minister was on Lundin's board at the time under ...
- Home sales report for May could signal economic downturnHome sales report for last month showed a drop in sales of previously occupied homes, despite government tax credits.
- Counterterrorism help from Pakistan is insufficient report finds US officials recently praised Pakistan for taking the fight to extremist groups in its midst. Now, a report from the RAND Corp. says some official elements in Pakistan are still ...
- Gulf oil spill Five numbers that could sink BP CEO Hayward Gulf oil spill has cost BP nearly half its market value and at least $10 million a day in potential US fines. Can BP CEO Hayward survive those losses?
- iPhone 4 preorder date pushed back after reports of security breach at AT and T iPhone 4 preorders are no longer accepted by AT&T. The Apple Store is still accepting iPhone 4 preorder requests, but the ship date is now July 2.
- Top Picks Food Inc. SpongeBobs Last Stand Burma VJ Reporting From a Closed Country and other recommendations'Food, Inc.' on PBS, 'SpongeBob's Last Stand' to save Bikini Bottom, 'Burma VJ' harrowing documentary on HBO, and more top picks.