Opalesque launches â€śLegends and Leadersâ€ť video interview series with Julian Robertson and Izzy Englander
Tokyo, Jan 31 2010 - Opalesque, the world's largest subscription-based publisher focusing on alternative investments, has launched a video-based interview series on http://www.Opalesque.TV.
The first of the â€śLegends and Leadersâ€ť interview zooms in on hedge fund titan Julian Robertson who shares his secrets about â€śHow to identify hedge fund talentâ€ť. Robertson, now also recognized as the â€śworld's greatest seederâ€ť, has a long history of supporting young talents and upcoming hedge fund managers. The video includes the list of all 38 â€śTiger seedsâ€ť (confirmed by Tiger Management) â€' funds set up with the help and financial support of Julian Robertson.
Izzy Englander, who â€' according to CNN â€' is â€śsecretive, even by the standards of a hedge fundâ€ť, features in the second Opalesque FIVE Minutes interview series. With his Millennium hedge fund, Englander has a stunning 20 year track record, but few know that he has been in the business of trading and running money for almost 40 years now. In this Opalesque FIVE Minutes, Englander speaks about how he started his career, how to create longevity in a hedge fund business, about risk management and his approach to investing.
The legendary cocoa trader (â€śchocolate fingerâ€ť) Anthony Ward from U.K. based asset manager Armajaro explains to Opalesque's Matthias Knab the many opportunities in the soft commodities market, and how through massive investments into weather data Armajaro obtains a leading edge.
Elena Ambrosiadou, featured in a another Opalesque FIVE Minutes, is one of the world's most successful hedge fund managers. She is the CEO of IKOS which commenced trading in London in 1993 as one of the first hedge funds in Europe.
Global Access on Opalesque.TV, Thomson Reuters and YouTube
The Opalesque FIVE Minutes â€' Legends & Leaders series is continually produced and updated by Opalesque founder Matthias Knab, who keeps on traveling the world to meet outstanding hedge fund managers and veterans of the industry.
Further interviews include FrontPoint Partner's CIO and Co-CEO Mike Kelly, Francois Bonnin from systematic trader John Lock Investments, Hermitage Capital founder William Browder (to be published in February), and many more.
All Opalesque Videos can be accessed on http://www.Opalesque.TV, on the Opalesque Channel on the Thomson Reuters platform, and on the OpalesqueTV channel on YouTube.
Most Innovative Media Outlet
Both in 2008 and 2009, Opalesque was honored as the runner-up as the â€śMost Innovative Media Outletâ€ť at the State Street Institutional Press Award. Opalesque Ltd. started to publish its groundbreaking Alternative Market Briefing in 2003, which at that time was considered a information revolution in the hedge fund media space: 'Opalesque changed the world by bringing transparency where there was opacity and by delivering an accurate professional reporting service.' (Nigel Blanchard, Culross)
The firm has since then evolved into a global media group. In 2009, Opalesque has added research capabilities through the acquisition of New York based boutique Carbon360Â° Research (http://www.carbon360.com) and recently launched the dedicated, Singapore-based technology unit Opalesque Solutions Pvte Ltd (http://www.opalesquesolutions.com).
For more information on Opalesque and all eleven Opalesque publications, please go to http://www.opalesque.com.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Nisha Mittal from 122.166.1.xxx
Article Taged as : opalesque, launches, â€ślegends, leadersâ€ť, video, interview, series, with, julian, robertson, izzy, englander, http, www.opalesque.tv, opalesque, launches, â€ślegends, leadersâ€ť, video, interview, series, with, julian, robertson, izzy, englander,
Article Viewed 3875 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Opalesque launches â€śLegends and Leadersâ€ť video interview series with Julian Robertson and Izzy Englander
Date Listed : Monday, February 01, 2010
Source : ,
- FreeMBB.com Launches Affordable and Effective Online Lean Six Sigma. FreeMBB.com proudly announces its online Lean Six Sigma training and certification programs. Lean Six Sigma is a step-by-step, management approach that helps companies save time, save money, improve...(PRWeb February 21, ...
- Rocket Launches Into Dazzling Northern Lights Show
SPACE.com SPACE.com - A team of scientists launched a small rocket into an eye-popping northern lights display Saturday (Feb. 18) in an attempt to discover what makes auroras tick.
- An Interview With Tad Williams Mention Tad Williams’ name in casual conversation with most science fiction fans and you’re likely to hear back, “Isn’t that the guy with the cats?” Tailchaser’s Song has adorned many ...
- An Interview with Craig Horner from Legend of the Seeker Craig Horner stands in no one’s shadow. With 10 years’ experience, the 26-year-old actor (who just celebrated that birthday on January 24) now leads a talented cast in bringing Terry ...
- Top Picks Robin Hood Life TV series Memorial Day concert and more recommendations Early Hollywood renditions of Robin Hood on DVD for first time, 'Life' TV series narrated by Oprah Winfrey on DVD, National Memorial Day Concert airs on PBS May 30, and ...
- Cole Parmer Launches New Industrial Line of Symmetry® ScalesReplace manual counting and save time—while also enhancing accuracy with these budget-conscious instruments. (PRWeb Jun 22, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/scales/prweb4169544.htm
- Kids Into Safe Skin K.I.S.S Officially Launches Today with a Mission to Create Awareness About Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Founded by teenager Juan Pellerano, the organization targets an audience of teens and young adults in an effort to empower parents to self examine regularly to detect and identify the ...
- 3 29 10 Monitor Books podcast including an interview with Scott Korb author of Life in Year One What the World Was Like in First Century PalestineWhat was life like in first-century Palestine? Author Scott Korb says that – in many ways – it was not very different from the world today.
- Nextiva Launches NextivaOffice.com Website Nextiva, a leading SaaS provider of business communication services has launched NextivaOffice.com, a website providing businesses with more information on Nextiva's hosted phone systems. (PRWeb Apr 2, 2010)
- World Energy Research Launches Energy News Site World Energy MediaWorld Energy Media has now launched and is presenting industry leading real-time energy news. (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/World_Energy_Media/energy_news/prweb3821634.htm