ARE YOU A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR WHO LIVES FOR ART?
Enter The Art Institutes and Americans for the Arts Poster Design Competition 2010
[PITTSBURGH, PA JANUARY 21, 2010] â€' Can you imagine a world that lacks colors, lines, textures or art? Art has the power to evoke a wide range of emotions to which people connect with which is why â€ślife is better with art in it.â€ť
In partnership with the not-for-profit organization Americans for the Arts, The Art Institutes annual Poster Design Competition is an opportunity for talented young artists at the high school level to study graphic design and earn a full tuition scholarship to one of The Art Institutes schools.
The competition is open to high school seniors in the U.S., Canada (excluding Quebec), and Puerto Rico. Students will be asked to create original poster artwork that expresses the slogan, â€śLife is Better With Art In It.â€ť
â€śWeâ€™re pleased to provide high school seniors an opportunity to earn a scholarship to further their education,â€ť says John Mazzoni, President, The Art Institutes. â€śWe encourage high school seniors who hope to study graphic design to submit their best work into this yearâ€™s Poster Design Competition.â€ť
â€śArt can make such a difference in a personâ€™s life. Art inspires us; it opens new horizons; and sharpens and challenges our thinking. It is wonderful to see these talented students taking the next step to pursue a career they love in the arts and being rewarded for it,â€ť said Robert L. Lynch, president and CEO of Americans for the Arts.
Deadline for entries into the competition is February 5, 2010. Full entry requirements can be downloaded at http://www.artinstitutes.edu/ pr.aspx?ID=ai1021.
To learn more about The Art Institutes and Americans for the Arts Poster Design Competition, visit http://www.artinstitutes.edu/ pr.aspx?ID=ai1021.
The Art Institutes (http://www.artinstitutes.edu) is a system of more than 45 education institutions located throughout North America, providing an important source of design, media arts, fashion and culinary arts professionals.
Americans for the Arts is the leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. With offices in Washington, DC, and New York City, and 49 years of service, Americans for the Arts is dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts. Additional information is available at http://www.AmericansForTheArts.org.
Jacquelyn P. Muller
Vice President, Public Relations
The Art Institutes
Sr. Director of Communications
The Art Institutes
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Jacquelyn P. Muller from 161.38.230.xxx
Article Taged as : high, school, senior, lives, art?, http, www.artinstitutes.edu, pr.aspx, where, ai1021, high, school, senior, lives, art?,
Article Viewed 2908 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : ARE YOU A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR WHO LIVES FOR ART?
Date Listed : Friday, January 29, 2010
Source : ,
- Carlbrook School Joins The Association of Recovery Schools Carlbrook School, a nationally renowned boarding school for struggling adolescents in Southern Virginia, is excited to announce that it has been accepted as an Institutional Member to The Association...(PRWeb February ...
- No kids in public school where You still benefitQuality public schools benefit everyone – including those without school-aged children – and therefore everyone should play a role in maintaining them, according to a new study.
- Board Of Education Approves New Asthma Plan For SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education is considering a new plan to make sure that teachers are ready to help the thousands of kids with asthma in public schools.
- Chicago Public Schools To Begin Stocking EpipensThe Chicago Public Schools plan to begin keeping medication on hand to treat allergic reactions that could prove deadly to students.
- Phoebe Prince case a watershed in fight against school bullying A Massachusetts district attorney recently filed charges against nine students for allegedly bullying Phoebe Prince to the point that she committed suicide. Prosecution of such cases are rare.
- National education standards not a federal takeover of public schools A big concern about proposed national education standards for grades K-12 is that they amount to a federal takeover of public schools. Not true. This plan originated from the states, ...
- Homeschool Buyers Co op Aids At Home Learning With Formal Homeschool Curriculum PackagesThis homeschool supercenter offers members pricing comparable to school districts at individual quantities (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/homeschool/curriculum/prweb3824134.htm
- UK schools find time pressures slash practical scienceScience teachers questioned in a survey say they are not able to carry out as many experiments as they would like.
- Hey Texas dont mess with textbooks Public schools are no place for partisan agendasTexas conservatives want to cut Thomas Jefferson, César Chávez, Edward Kennedy, and other 'liberals' from textbooks.
- Busing to end in Wake County N.C. Goodbye school diversity where For a decade, Wake County, N.C., used busing to avoid having schools with high concentrations of students from poor families. Its school board voted this week to abandon its income-diversity ...