Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Betting Odds
On February 7, the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints will meet in Miami to decide Super Bowl 44. The Las Vegas sportsbook online didn’t wait long to post their opening point spreads and predicted Super Bowl Totals for the game.
The Indianapolis Colts opened favored by 5 points and the over/under for the game was set at 56 points. But the early money has come in on the Colts and has bumped the line up to the 5 ½. The over was also seeing lots of action as the total as been increased by half a point as well.
Opening Vegas Odds:
Las Vegas Hilton Colts -5.5 Total 56
Mirage Colts -4.5 Total 55.5
Hard Rock Colts -5 Total 56
Planet Hollywood Colts -5 Total 55
New Orleans Saints +5 +170 Over 56
Indianapolis Colts -5 -210 Under 56
My advice to everyone bet on NFL, take your time before you place your bets and be sure to get the best number. The game isn’t until February 7; there will be a lot of line movement between now and then but if you see a number you like, take advantage of it.
A rule of thumb to follow when trying to get the best number, is bet the favorite soon after the line is posted and bet the underdog as close to game time as possible. Take note though, the bookmakers also know this so they may move the line a little to counteract all of the late action on the underdog. Here’s an example, with the late money coming in on the underdog the book might move the line from +5 to +4½ or attach a NFL moneyline +5 (-120) so that it costs more to bet the underdog close to kickoff.
I anticipate the Colts will take most of the action but the Saints moneyline could be a big loser for the sportsbook online as New Orleans fans feel their team will win straight up and take advantage of the +170 payout. If we go back to Super Bowl 42, when the Giants faced off against the Patriots, the Patriots were such big favorites that the bettors took advantage of the +14 for the Giants and the huge moneyline for the Giants to win straight up. Every bookmaker I spoke with said the same thing, “It was a bloodbath.”
I don’t see Super Bowl 44 being a big winner or loser for the sportsbooks, the game features the best teams in each conference, both will have great number of pro NFL Betting money behind them. This could be a perfectly balanced game, where the book takes enough action on both sides of the line and wins the juice.
I will be back later in the week to examine the line moves and give you an update on where the early sharp action is for Super Bowl 44.
bet on NFL and more of the hottest sports events at SPORTSBETTING.COM Join NOW!
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Kalpana from 203.124.136.xxx
Article Taged as : indianapolis, colts, orleans, saints, super, bowl, betting, odds, http, www.sportsbetting.com, indianapolis, colts, orleans, saints, super, bowl, betting, odds,
Article Viewed 3288 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Betting Odds
Date Listed : Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Source : ,
- Boxwood and summer snowflakes in New OrleansThe Beuregard-Keyes House in the New Orleans' French Quarter boasts immaculately tended hedges and a stunning ornamental garden.
- PJs Coffee New Orleans Saints Team Up To Brew New Co branded Coffee PJ's Coffee, a coffee shop based in New Orleans, has partnered with the New Orleans Saints to produce a custom blend of co-branded coffee: Saints Black & Gold Blend. The ...
- Betting shop staff thwart robberBetting shop staff refuse to hand cash to a robber and push a chair in his way when he tries to go round their counter.
- Smackdaddy Social Sports Betting Game Launches on Apple App Store New Sports-Based Social Game Lets Smack-Talking Fans Wager Head-to-Head Against Their Rival Friends to Crown the Ultimate Trash-Talker (PRWeb Jan 27, 2010)
- Pre season Super Bowl Song Becomes Dream Come True for New Orleans Own DEMBOYS Dem Boys, a coalition of New Orleans musicians, predict Super Bowl berth with pre-season release of Saints anthem titled "Roll with the Black and Gold." (PRWeb Jan 27, 2010)
- Its all in the family for former Saints hero Manning INDIANAPOLIS (Reuters) - Former New Orleans Saints hero Archie Manning has no dilemma deciding who to back when his old team meet the Indianapolis Colts in the Super Bowl on ...
- Saints spark Super Bowl party with win over Vikings NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - The New Orleans Saints reached their first Super Bowl after a thrilling 31-28 overtime victory over the Minnesota Vikings Sunday earned them a match-up with the ...
- Proud Brees savors moment as New Orleans celebrates NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - The liquor flowed on Bourbon Street and the confetti flew inside the Superdome but for the Super Bowl-bound New Orleans Saints and their quarterback Drew Brees, ...
- Bruises Betting and Beer Press releases distributed via CNW Group. TORONTO, Jan. 20 /CNW/ - The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have completed a deal with the San Francisco Giants acquiring RHP MERKIN VALDEZ for cash ...
- Empire Theatres Announces Opening of New State of the Art Theatre Complex in
Orleans Ontario Press releases distributed via CNW Group. RICHMOND, BC, Dec. 14 /CNW/ - MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. (TSX: MDA), a provider of essential information solutions, announced today it has signed ...