Preparing For Final Battle Against Multiple Myeloma, Lisa Urges Fans to Support Her Films
December 22, 2009: In her recent blog for her own ‘Yellow Diaries’, and before going for the final phase of her stem transplant treatment for Multiple Myeloma, Lisa Ray has requested her fans to support her films and buy the DVDs. She has a keen desire to continue working on interesting and enlightening film projects, provided that her fans keep supporting her in this journey by buying the films.
Lisa Ray has just been admitted to hospital for a gruelling stem cell transplant treatment. The procedure began by releasing her own stem cells into her blood, and then collecting them to freeze, she said. Calling it a ‘reboot’ of her system, she said the process would take up to three weeks to complete, with an expected 3 months’ recovery.
Earlier this year, at the age of 37, Lisa Ray was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (MM), which is a rare and incurable cancer of the plasma cells of the blood. Showing tremendous courage and an unfailingly positive attitude, the actress has been blogging regularly on her Yellow Diaries blogspot to create public awareness about Multiple Myeloma and the recent medical advances made in this treatment.
Through her blog, Lisa has showed her gratitude towards her fans and supporters for showering her with love and generosity, ever since she began the Yellow Diaries. She also wrote about her inspirational working experience with Shamim Sarif and Hanan Kattan of Enlightenment Productions on two of her recent films, I Can’t Think Straight and The World Unseen and said that she would love to work with them in the future.
“Please do not illegally download the films into which Shamim, Hanan, Sheetal and I have poured our creative energies.” Lisa said. “Purchase The World Unseen and I Can’t Think Straight from the Enlightenment website and you will be supporting not just the films we created, but future film projects made with passion and integrity”. Lisa added that if people keep watching their films for free, than the artists will not be able to sustain financially and, it will be difficult to make more films like these. With this statement, Lisa Ray has addressed a wider issue for independent filmmakers in a world increasingly used to free downloads.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Shamim Sharif from 122.162.170.xxx
Article Taged as : preparing, final, battle, against, multiple, myeloma,, lisa, urges, fans, support, films, http, www.enlightenment, productions.com, preparing, final, battle, against, multiple, myeloma,, lisa, urges, fans, support, films,
Article Viewed 2627 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Preparing For Final Battle Against Multiple Myeloma, Lisa Urges Fans to Support Her Films
Date Listed : Sunday, December 27, 2009
Source : ,
- Sihle Insurance Group Urges Firms to Protect Against Cyber Attacks As the number and cost of cyber attacks and hacking incidents increase across the U.S., companies housing personal data of customers or clients need to protect themselves against liability and ...
- The battle to solve Californias foreclosure epidemicThe Golden States' bankers and real estate brokers are at odds about how to solve California's ongoing foreclosure crisis. Who's right?
- Preparing for the unpredictableBe it floods, terrorist attacks, hurricanes, ice storms, and so on, small businesses are much more vulnerable to the impact of such events than larger corporations.
- Coffee may protect against head and neck cancers Data on the effects of coffee on cancer risk have been mixed. However, results of a recent study add to the brewing evidence that drinking coffee protects against cancer, this ...
- Changing course Fatah officials call for Palestinian protests against Israel After years of muting Palestinian rhetoric of 'popular resistance,' senior officials in Fatah, which governs the West Bank, are calling for protests against Israel's settlement expansion and construction of its ...
- Phoebe Prince case a watershed in fight against school bullying A Massachusetts district attorney recently filed charges against nine students for allegedly bullying Phoebe Prince to the point that she committed suicide. Prosecution of such cases are rare.
- Xbox Live support rallies to fix MW2 Stimulus Package problem'MW2' Stimulus Package has been broken all morning. But a fix is here, according to Xbox Live support.
- LogMatrix Log Management Solution Easily Supports Customers Extreme Scalability and Data Retrieval Requirements Ability to capture and report on billions of events per day in real-time a key differentiator (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
Read the full ...
- Digital Projection Adds Service Coordinator to Customer Support Team Odom will work with both the Technical and Customer Service Managers to assure timely completion of all service orders. In addition, Odom will manage communication between the DPI technical ...
- Heathrow opponents win battleCampaigners win a High Court battle for further consultation into plans for a third runway at Heathrow Airport.