Resources for Timeshare Owners in a Down Market
Orlando - Upon review of various consumer groups and online forums it becomes clear that there are countless timeshare owners who are looking for a relief from the financial obligations associated with their timeshares. Unfortunately, getting out of a timeshare is never as easy as promised.
For decades there has been a stigma surrounding timeshare sales presentations. High pressure, deceptive, and unethical sales practices still seem to abound in the industry. Prospective buyers are lured into sales presentations by some type of enticement. The resort may offer a free getaway weekend, theme park tickets, or a fancy dinner.
Once inside the presentation, owners routinely report that salespeople intentionally mislead them with regards to certain aspects of timeshare ownership. Based on a series of interviews it becomes clear that almost all owners are told that the timeshares will retain their value and that they can easily be resold. Some are even told that the timeshare will appreciate in value. One quick glance at EBay (where timeshares are routinely listed for sale for $1.00) will put that claim to rest.
One cause of particular frustration for owners is the constant unavailability of units. Many are unable to get the dates and locations that they want and the money paid in maintenance fees and mortgage payments seems to go to waste. Compounding the issue is the fact that there are very little resources available to consumers who are looking for ways to solve their timeshare problem. Once they decide that they want out, owners are confronted with a bevy of companies and it is difficult for them to ascertain who, if any, can actually provide legitimate help.
Many will start by contacting the resort itself to see if there is a resale program. Almost no resorts offer such a program despite the promises made at sales presentations. The next step is a resale or listing company where they are taken for several hundred dollars with a promise to sell. This sale literally never takes place for any owners. In fact Section 721.20(9)(2) of the Florida Statutes which went into effect July 1st of this year, requires listing companies to disclose how many timeshares they sell as a percentage of how many they list over the prior 24 months of operation. On a survey of 25 listing company websites, including popular ones such as Timeshares by Owner, it was found that they all report sales of less than 0.01% over the last two years. What that means is these companies sell less than one tenth of one percent of the timeshares that they list and in reality, this number could actually be zero.
In an environment such as this, it is understandable that owners sometimes feel at a loss for what to do next. Regrettably, because of the fear of being taken for more of their hard earned money by another company in the industry, many elect to do nothing. This is perhaps the biggest tragedy in the timeshare industry, that there are countless owners who continue to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars per year out to these resorts because they do not know where to turn. The decision to do something continues to get put off year after year. Owners, especially those with mortgages (who pay on average around $2,000-$4,000 per year in fees, principal, and interest) end up spending a small fortune because their apprehension continues to keep them from doing anything about their situation.
About: Professional Timeshare Services, LLC
Professional Timeshare Services works to promote awareness for the deceptive trade practices that take place within the timeshare industry and provides guaranteed services to assist timeshare owners with cancelling their timeshare contracts and mortgages.
For more information please visit: http://www.professionaltimeshareservices.com
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Adam Johnson from 59.92.126.xxx
Article Taged as : resources, timeshare, owners, down, market, http, www.professionaltimeshareservices.com, resources, timeshare, owners, down, market,
Article Viewed 4023 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Resources for Timeshare Owners in a Down Market
Date Listed : Friday, December 25, 2009
Source : ,
- Making Money Program- Efficient Tips on Face book Marketing With a laptop and high-level rate Internet approach, the possible for the home worker to succeed money online is close to boundless. As it happens to ruling the exact home ...
- Consilium Software Recognized with New Market Breakthrough Award for Genesys Contact Centers in Asia Pacific Singapore, 19 March 2010: Consilium Software, a leading Unified Communications solutions company, has been recognized by Alcatel-Lucent as the New Market Breakthrough Award winner for Genesys contact centers. Consilium ...
- Attention Crown Point Home Owners: M & M Construction has formed an alliance with Temo Sunrooms to help homeowners reduce their energy bill and carbon footprint by taking advantage of the $7500 federal tax credit. M&M Construction has acquired dealer rights to sunrooms, carports, and patio covers that have Solar panels installed by the factory. By having these flexible solar panels installed at the factory, ...
- Ahead Of Its Time Free Viral Marketing Tool, Viral Traffic Outbreak, Breaks The Mould In Web Traffic For the Online Marketer! Viral Traffic Outbreak is the name of a free viral marketing tool that has been garnering a lot of publicity online recently. This online tool is aimed to help people ...
- Mobile Application Marketplace ----Aarkstore Enterprise Overview:
Mobile application development initially looks like a great business opportunity. Apple's and other OEMs providing free and simple to user development tools for their handsets and offering ...
- Market Opportunity: Service Delivery Platforms (SDP) ----Aarkstore Enterprise Service Delivery Platform (SDP) can be loosely defined as a standards based framework that facilitates the design, development, implementation and management of services required to run the operations of network ...
- Key resources About Basement Waterproofing All About Basement Waterproofing.com is serving as a brilliant online resource that is helping people with every possible information on basement waterproofing. Many people have subsoil basements in their home, ...
- China industry research and market forecast: automobile parts and accessories manufacturing industry, 2008-2009 China industry research and market forecast: automobile parts and accessories manufacturing industry, 2008-2009 is an invaluable asset for anyone who wants to invest in the automobile parts and accessories manufacturing ...
- China Medical Device Market Research and Forecast, 2008-2010 (Whole report) Currently, China is already the third largest medical device market in the world, after the United States and Japan. Within 5 to 7 years, China will surpass Japan and become ...
- Findire the best Advertisement and Real estate Property Marketing Portal. Findire site can feature your property on the sites home page, being accessed by people from all round the world. Your advertisement is centrally located in the website for maximum ...