Fear of Public Speaking: Worried about Questions from the Audience - Focus on the Questions You ask Yourself
For many presenters and speakers the fear of being 'stumped' by a question from the audience looms large. But the questions we ask ourselves have a far greater impact, explains performance anxiety expert Seymour Segnit.
New York, NY, December 04, 2009 -- CTRN: Change That's Right Now, Inc. announced today the release of 'Ask Yourself Great Questions', the latest in their video series 'Confidently Speaking' â€' frequent video tutorials on how to eliminate Stage Fright and Fear of Public Speaking.
'Sales training 101 teaches you to ask lots of questions,' says Seymour Segnit, creator of the Confidently Speaking video series ( http://ConfidentlySpeaking.com ) and Founder & President of CTRN, publishers of the Vanquish Speaking Fear & Performance Anxiety program. 'Questions 'hook' the mind â€' but they also direct the line of thinking. To think and feel great about anything â€' including a public speaking performance â€' ask yourself empowering questions beforehand.'
Segnit advocates a careful analysis of your 'self-talk' â€' the internal dialog we all use to communicate with ourselves. Different questions will elicit completely different responses, which immediately affect our performance.
By choosing questions that presume a positive outcome, like 'just how many sales could we make', a different level of enthusiasm and 'internal resources' are engaged â€' making for far superior results.
The new episode is on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=d5zO7J90D8o and ConfidentlySpeaking.com has the latest and past lessons available 24Ã—7. Confidently Speaking offers further help through CTRN's 'VIP' program, and with their excellent Vanquish Speaking Fear & Performance Anxiety program, available both as a home-study CD program and for immediate download at: http://bit.ly/ PublicSpeakingAnxiety
'Questions are just incredibly powerful,' says Segnit. 'Just try this. First ask yourself 'What happens if I fail' 20 times, and then 'What happens if I'm incredibly successful?' and see which one leaves you feeling empowered and confident you'll overcome your stage fright and speak without fear!'
CTRN: Change That's Right Now, Inc. was founded in 2002 to help people stop fear of public speaking, stage fright, and other fears, phobias and anxieties from stopping their lives. With customers in over 70 countries around the world, CTRN is recognized as one of the leading organizations in the field. With clients from local businesses to the Fortune 500, CTRN has developed a deserved reputation of discreet help for serious fears and phobias. Based in New York, CTRN can be reached at 800-828-7484 (+1-650-249-5120) or online at http://bit.ly/ PublicSpeakingAnxiety.
CTRN: Change That's Right Now, Inc
1 Grandview Ave
Cornwall on Hudson, NY, 12520
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Seymour Segnit from 122.174.83.xxx
Article Taged as : fear, public, speaking:, worried, about, questions, from, audience, focus, questions, yourself, http, www.changethatsrightnow.com, fear, public, speaking:, worried, about, questions, from, audience, focus, questions, yourself,
Article Viewed 3309 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Fear of Public Speaking: Worried about Questions from the Audience - Focus on the Questions You ask Yourself
Date Listed : Thursday, December 03, 2009
Source : ,
- Impress your target audience with quality English language English language is not that easy, as it seems, but those who have a wider knowledge of English language can proficiently carry on with it. However, it becomes a problem ...
- BANK ON YOURSELF and Safely Grow a Nest Egg [SANTA FE, NM, March 8, 2010] The #1 USA Today Bestseller, BANK ON YOURSELF: The Life-Changing Secret to Growing and Protecting Your Financial Future, is set for paperback release on ...
- Payday Loans No Faxing: Answer of all your questions Is one running through the financial crises? Does one want loans before payday? Is monthly income is not sufficient for huge expenses? There are so many such questions which arise ...
- You can get yourself a bad credit home mortgage refinance with a little research
If you need a refinance home loan then there are certain things that you are going to need to know, and there are also certain requirements to make ...
- Golf Vacations UK Bring Their Range Of UK Golf Holidays To The U.S Audience Cumbria, United Kingdom (March 10, 2010) - Golf Vacations UK, a leading provider of golf vacations in Scotland and Ireland, announce that members of their senior staff are to visit ...
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Consumers in the U.S. DIY Markets in a Down Economy Reports Now Available on ReportsandReports Dallas, TX: ReportsandReports announce to have Do It Yourself DIY Consumers in the U.S. DIY Markets in a Down Economy Market Research Report in its store
As the worst economic downturn ...
- Private Pilot Training Questions Now Available on the Internet People looking for some private pilot training assistance online have come in for a bit of a merry surprise recently. A helpful online resource that goes by the name of ...
- Wasabi Publicity Inc., Launches Site Re-Design Saluda, NC, February 25, 2010 â€¦#34; Wasabi Publicity Inc., a full-service virtual PR firm, is pleased to announce the launching of their re-designed Web site, http://www.wasabipublicity.com.
The design speaks to ...
- Publicity Results! Launches Re-Design of Web Site Publicity Results!, considered the go-to resource for do-it-yourself publicity, is pleased to announce the launching of their re-designed Web site, http://www.PublicityResults.com.
The re-design illustrates and highlights Publicity Results! main objective: To ...
- Questions to ask about individual family health insurance Looking for affordable health care plans? You have options in online and offline venues. But before you arrive at the best individual family health insurance for your family, you have ...