Kenya U.S. Observers Cite Bribery in Elections
all africa, all the time. Roads, railways and maritime transportation systems in the EAC region are, on average, in poor state. East African Community (EAC) secretary general Juma Mwapachu, has said even with efforts that seek to address the mega city transport woes are underway, such as the Dar Rapid Transport System and the Nairobi Metropolitan Transport Strategy, escalating costs and unplanned urbanisation could limit the effectiveness of these transport programmes.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : kenya, u.s., observers, cite, bribery, elections, http, allafrica.com, tools, headlines, usafrica, headlines.rdf, allafrica, news:, united, states,, canada, africa, kenya, u.s., observers, cite, bribery, elections,
Article Viewed 704 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
allafrica news: united states, canada and africa
all africa, all the time.
The Submitted XML Type application/rss+xml and gathered so far 13203 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_perl/1.30 and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Kenya U.S. Observers Cite Bribery in Elections
Date Listed : Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Source : ,
- Sri Lanka elections Will Tamil rights be upheld where Parliamentary elections in Sri Lanka April 8 could mark progress for the whole country – if the government ends discrimination and embraces the rights of war-weary Tamils.
- Rwanda grenade blasts signal unrest ahead of elections A set of Rwanda grenade blasts Thursday night, along with the exile of a Rwandan ambassador accused of a previous grenade attack last month, underscore political unrest and add a ...
- Iraq elections on March 7 high stakes shaky hopes Recent bombings underscore the perilousness of the Iraq elections on March 7, and the consequences for the US and the Middle East. Still, the general trend has been positive, and ...
- Iraqi elections Why one candidate says he faces a US death threat Abu Mahdi al Mohandas is one of more than 6,000 candidates on the ballot in the Iraqi elections on March 7. But the Shiite politician, now hiding in Iran, says ...
- Opposition parties leave CAR elections bodyBangui - Opposition parties in the Central African Republic on Friday announced that they were quitting the electoral process and demanded the resignation of the head of the Independent Electoral Commission.
- Nigeria Wilbros Bribery Scandal U.S. Jails Two Officals all africa, all the time. So many people for so much of the time have hardly bothered to consider some of the more important similarities between the United States of ...
- Nigeria Ex Wilbros Executives Jailed Over U.S. dollor 6 Million Bribery all africa, all the time. So many people for so much of the time have hardly bothered to consider some of the more important similarities between the United States of ...
- Fast food menus with calorie information lead to lower calorie selections for young children In a new study, the amount of calories selected by parents for their child's hypothetical meal at McDonald's restaurants were reduced by an average of 102 calories when the menus ...
- Baghdad rocked by triple car bombings ahead of March elections The coordinated attack in Baghdad today targeted three well-known hotels, including one often frequented by foreign journalists. Many Iraqis say the attacks are an attempt to undermine the ruling parties ...
- Sri Lanka elections Former partners in war now battle in politics President Mahindra Rajapaksa expected an easy win in Sri Lanka elections after his historic victory against Tamil Tiger rebels – until his Army chief Gen. Sarath Fonseka decided to run ...