Viewing the Humpback Whales
One of the greatest things about owning a vacation or retirement home on the beach is enjoying the wildlife that pass by. Humpback whales arrive at Bahia de Banderas, regarded as one of the largest and most beautiful bays in the world, to escape the cold winter weather. Here these whales go through their breeding rituals forming courtship groups, mating, giving birth to their offspring and nursing them. Whale watchers are treated to a marvelous sight. A local Mexico, Cancun Real Estate agent can provide you with a list of beachfront properties available for sale or rent and you can enjoy whale watching from the comfort of your own home.
Humpback whales are marine mammals that do not have a nose. Instead they breathe through two openings called spiracles, at the top of their heads. Their large lungs make it possible for them to remain underwater from 10 to 30 minutes.
The life expectancy of humpback whales is 45 years. Their gestation period lasts 12 months. Calves are born in tropic and subtropical waters. During their birth the first thing to show is the fluke. At birth, a whale calf is between 4 and 5 meters long and weights between 1,300 and 1,400 kgs. Females nurse their calves for a year at which time the calf doubles in size to between 7 and 8 tons. Adult females are 18 meters long and can weight up to 53 tons. Viewing these majestic animals is even more exciting from your own beachfront property or condominium.
Their most distinctive feature of the humpback whale is their long pectoral fins, which can be as long as one third of the length of their bodies. The fins may be black on their dorsal part and completely white on their ventral part.
Whales do not have vocal cords but they do have the capacity to emit sounds (moans, squeaks, cries) through valves located in their larynx. The sounds last for an average of 6 to 35 minutes and are high pitched.
In the fall, humpback whales leave their feeding grounds in the Gulf of Alaska, the sea of Bering, the sea of Chuckchi, and the sea of Okhotsk, and travel towards the Pacific coast of Mexico. They gather mainly in the surroundings of the Marias Islands, the Isabel Islands, the Revillagigedo Archipelago as well as the Bay of Banderas, in Nayarit and Jalisco.
At the end March and during the first days of April, the whales begin their long journey back to the polar region. The whale calves have learned to swim but they remain close to their mothers for food and protection. You can contact your local Mexico Real Estate agent to find available properties and avoid the long journey back.
http://www.puertovallartabestrealestate.com is a complete guide to Puerto Vallarta Real Estate, Rental Property, Condos in Mexico. http://www.MexicoBestRentals.com provides Vacation Rentals Properties in Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. Contact Tom Budniak for Mexico Real Estate, Vacation Rentals in Mexico at http://www.mexicobestbuy.com
Call us today:
Realty Executives Mexican Caribbean
Avenida 5th y 40th
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
In Playa del Carmen, Mexico: 984-879-4339 or 984-803-0710
In Mexico City 55-8525-9035
In USA Toll Free: 1-800-471-0608 ext. 1
In Los Angeles,USA: 310-492-5115
In Calgary, Canada: 403-668-0704
In London, England: 0207-078-7677
US Fax, (415) 354-3460
Mexico Fax (551) 084-2852
Author : Tom Budniak
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Tom Budniak from 122.162.26.xxx
Article Taged as : viewing, humpback, whales, http, www.puertovallartabestrealestate.com, viewing, humpback, whales,
Article Viewed 3798 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Viewing the Humpback Whales
Date Listed : Thursday, June 04, 2009
Source : ,
- White whales in renewables reportBeluga whales are among rare species recorded at, or near to, proposed sites for marine renewables, according to a new report.
- How Japan can save face and whales Japan has given the world green cars and technological marvels. It wouldn't be a stretch for it to lead the 21st century protecting the world's oceans and whales.
- Sperm whales corral deep squidA tagging study suggests sperm whales may collaborate to hunt squid at depths in excess of one kilometre beneath the waves.
- Death of Sea World trainer Do killer whales belong in theme parks where A Sea World trainer was killed in Orlando, Fla., Wednesday by a 'killer whale.' Animal rights groups say the tragedy shows why the giant orcas do not belong in theme ...
- Trade agency reviewing Kodak patent complaint
AP AP - A federal agency that oversees trade disputes said Wednesday it will investigate Eastman Kodak Co.'s patent-infringement complaint over digital-camera technology used in iPhones and BlackBerrys.
- In bats and whales convergence in echolocation ability runs deep Only some bats and toothed whales rely on sophisticated echolocation, in which they emit sonar pulses and process returning echoes, to detect and track down small prey. Now, two new ...
- LG Lifes Good FilmFest provides prime HD viewing experiences and dollor 100 000 to
grand prize winner Press releases distributed via CNW Group. TORONTO, Jan. 20 /CNW/ - The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have completed a deal with the San Francisco Giants acquiring RHP MERKIN VALDEZ for cash ...
- GEWO TV Converts Pay Per View To Free Wedding Special Event Viewing The Weddings On-Demand/Special Events business component allows families and friends who are separated geographically to reconnect and share important events together through video and interactive text chat. (PRWeb Oct 29, ...
- Meteor Shower Prime Viewing For those of you who have missed the recent meteor activity, Wednesday may be your best opportunity to get in on the action. The annual Orionid shower -- named because ...
- Elisabetta Fantone the painter Private Viewing Collection BLONDE ICONS Press releases distributed via CNW Group. << /THIS NEWS RELEASE IS NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES, TO "U.S. PERSONS" OR ...