Olympic Gold Medalist, Mary Lou Retton, Reveals Her Victory
Olympic Gold Medalist, Mary Lou Retton, Reveals Her Victory Over Debilitating Joint Pain on The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television
May is National Arthritis Month
Pompano Beach 4/25/2009 04:25 AM GMT (TransWorldNews)
Olympic gold medal winning gymnast, Mary Lou Retton discusses her battle with debilitating joint pain on a revealing segment of BrandStar Entertainment's The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television. Known for her amazing smile and powerhouse performances, Retton became America’s sweetheart when she won the All Around Gold at the 1984 Olympics. However, many did not now that she had been born hip dysplasia. That condition, combined with the years of grueling training had taken its toll and left her in excruciating pain. Fortunately, Retton found a solution to her disabling condition when she had her left hip replaced. She has since become an advocate for those with arthritis, urging them to seek help. Retton’s segment will air in May, and can also be viewed at http://www.thebalancingact.com/ / marylouretton.
“The one thing I regret is living with the pain for so long,” she explains. “My problem began with a dull ache in my early 30’s, but it then progressed until routine movements became excruciating and I was unable to perform my daily tasks, even just playing with my four children.”
Arthritis was the cause of Retton’s disabling condition, and like most of the 47 million Americans who are affected, she was not aware of all of the treatment options that could help her.
“Only fifty percent of patients suffering from painful arthritis are aware of treatment options, and only 1 in 5 patients suffering from severe arthritis pain are receiving total joint replacements,” she explains.
For Retton, her hip replacement gave her a new opportunity to enjoy life again and to inspire others to become educated about their options. May is National Arthritis Month. Biomet is a National Sponsor of the Arthritis Foundation walks entitled “Let’s Move Together” and Mary Lou is the Biomet Team Captain.
“We appreciate Mary Lou Retton sharing her inspiring story with our viewers,” said Doug Campbell, Executive VP of Programming at BrandStar Entertainment, the producers of The Balancing Act TV Show.
For more information please visit: http://www.biomet.com/ patients
About BrandStar Entertainment's The Balancing Act: The Balancing Act TV Show on Lifetime Television is America’s only morning show about women, for women, trusted by women. Celebrating life and all there is to accomplish, The Balancing Act inspires and empowers with entertaining and educational segments, placing women in the best position to achieve success in every area of their lives. The show is produced by BrandStar Entertainment and airs on Lifetime Television 7 a.m. Eastern/Pacific (check local listings). Additional information and each segment can be accessed on the show’s website, http://www.thebalancingact.com. Each episode is also available on http://www.AOL/ Video.com, http://www.Yahoovideo.com, http://www.Google.com/ video, http://www.YouTube.com, and as a Podcast on http://www.iTunes.com. For more information about BrandStar Entertainment visit http://www.brandstarentertainment.com or vstar.com . Sign up for the show’s newsletter at http://www.thebalancingact.com/ join.php.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
drmarketinggroups from 122.169.170.xxx
Article Taged as : olympic, gold, medalist,, mary, retton,, reveals, victory, http, www.brandstarentertainment.com, olympic, gold, medalist,, mary, retton,, reveals, victory,
Article Viewed 3537 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Olympic Gold Medalist, Mary Lou Retton, Reveals Her Victory
Date Listed : Thursday, May 07, 2009
Source : ,
- TestiVar Expert Reveals New Scientific Data Behind Successful Pricing.With seven years of data from profitable and unprofitable businesses to analyze, TestiVar expert reveals the latest best practices on product pricing.(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9206691.htm
- NASA spacecraft reveals recent geological activity on the moon New images from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) spacecraft show the moon's crust is being stretched, forming minute valleys in a few small areas on the lunar surface. Scientists propose ...
- Facebook bug reveals scores of private email addresses A bug briefly exposed the contact information of many Facebook users on Tuesday night. Facebook reps say the problem is resolved. But how safe is the information on your Facebook ...
- Study reveals that logging debris suppresses development of an invasive competitor Scotch broom PORTLAND, Ore. ?April 2, 2010. Countless studies and reports exist describing how a landscape is impacted after logging Douglas-fir: What is the impact on the soil? Should one leave the ...
- Gallup Healthcare reform a political victory for ObamaGallup's latest poll on healthcare reform, conducted after the bill's passage, shows almost half the public approving. Nearly 4 in 5 Republicans, however, are 'angry' or 'disappointed.'
- New cryptic gecko reveals itselfA new and extremely well camouflaged species of gecko in discovered hiding in the mountain forests of Cambodia.
- Health care bill victory Obamas historic moment With House passage of the health care bill late Sunday, President Obama has succeeded where presidents going back decades before him have failed. But it was a hard-fought victory, costing ...
- Olympic flowers The story behind the bouquets given to medal winners in VancouverThere's a nice story behind the Olympic flower bouquets presented to medal winners at the 2010 Winter Games.
- Study Reveals Californians Must Increase Earthquake Preparedness Less Than 20 Percent Have Prepared Their Homes Only 40 Percent Have Sufficient WaterState and Local Agencies are Better Prepared Today, but Weakest Link is Citizen Preparedness (PRWeb Mar 5, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3690434.htm
- Vancouver 2010 and partners donate dollor 300 000 to UNICEF to help rebuild Haiti
as part of Vancouver 2010 Olympic Truce Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...